when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

DAN P

Either you don't consider yourself one of Jesus' sheep, or you don't think Jewish converts were known since before the word was.
(I'm assuming you are a Gentile believer)

Agreed, but I think all converts were known since before the foundation of the world.

I don't agree, as the keys Peter and the other apostles were given have already ushered hundreds of believers into the kingdom of God, which is in our hearts.
That "rock", or key, was this..."And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Matt 16:16)
The church is founded on it.
It is the name we call upon at our baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.

I hope you aren't one of those folks who thinks Peter is really at some pearly gates.
And to me , you combining and blending Israel earthly kingdom with the body of Christ and when Christ comes for us , we sit together in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus .

The body of Christ are not sheep .

dan p

Hoping

Banned
And to me , you combining and blending Israel earthly kingdom with the body of Christ and when Christ comes for us , we sit together in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus .
I didn't think I had.
The only earthly kingdom Jesus will ever rule will be on the new earth, where converted Jews and Gentiles will still be one in Christ.
He is already ruling the kingdom of the convert's hearts.
Neither are unconverted Jews.
Both terms, body and sheep, are similes used to get a point across.
"Body of Christ"...church members, those in Christ.
"Sheep"...Followers of the Lord, our Shepherd.

Hoping

Banned
Well idk. Hope isn't exactly a Christian value.
The word "hope" is used 133 times in the bible, including 58 in the NT.
It is written..."And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Rom 5:3-5)
And..."For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." (Rom 8:24-25)

I AM Hoping.

Derf

dan p
Then they must be birds, since they come in flocks.
Acts 20:29 (KJV) For I [Paul speaking] know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Derf

The word "hope" is used 133 times in the bible, including 58 in the NT.
It is written..."And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Rom 5:3-5)
And..."For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." (Rom 8:24-25)

I AM Hoping.
We should all be hoping.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
No!
Hope is one of the primary Christian values.
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I said what I said to evoke the response I required. It worked. I'm trying to redeem the dialect of our Christian friend Hoping. He (or she, or neither he nor she) sounds like a cultist right now. Perhaps hope is the route through which to penetrate the man (or woman or intersex human). We'll see, and hope, and pray.

ITNOTFAOTSAOTHSA. (prayer)

Peace to you. (No deliberate disrespect intended)

Hoping

Banned
No!

I said what I said to evoke the response I required. It worked. I'm trying to redeem the dialect of our Christian friend Hoping. He (or she, or neither he nor she) sounds like a cultist right now. Perhaps hope is the route through which to penetrate the man (or woman or intersex human). We'll see, and hope, and pray.

"Redeem the dialect".
Interesting concept.

Derf

No!

No disrespect received--I just thought it was an odd post from you.
"Redeem the dialect".
Interesting concept.
I can understand the concept. Do you understand his point?

glorydaz

I call Peter the head of the remnant.

He makes it clear that this remnant of Israel was a "chosen generation".
A "royal priesthood".
An holy NATION.
A peculiar people.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Members of the body are not even a chosen generation, much less a nation of priests.
We are a "peculiar people", however, as Paul tells us in Titus.

That generation of Jews alive when Christ came to die on the cross contained religious Jews as well as those with faith in the Messiah.

Those with faith are the remnant spoken of in scripture.
Those with faith are always just a remnant.

• Romans 9:27
    Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

• Romans 11:5
    Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Derf

A "royal priesthood".
An holy NATION.
A peculiar people.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Members of the body are not even a chosen generation, much less a nation of priests.

That generation of Jews alive when Christ came to die on the cross contained religious Jews as well as those with faith in the Messiah.

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
But Peter was writing to the mostly Gentile churches Paul wrote to.

Hoping

Banned
Interesting take on that.
I always considered Jesus Christ as the Head of both the Jewish and Gentile believing church.
A "royal priesthood".
An holy NATION.
A peculiar people.
Not just the Israelis, thanks be to God, but all believers.
Peculiar in that you want no part of being God's peculiar people.

I'm glad the Gentiles were also given the chance to believe in the Savior of Israel.
He turned out to be our Savior too...thanks be to God.

glorydaz

That's not what Peter said.
Of course it is. He was speaking to Jews.....his fellow believers in the Messiah.

YE are a chosen generation. In what way do you think gentiles could ever be called a generation?
In what way do you think gentiles could ever be a kingdom of priests? A royal priesthood?

Exodus 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

glorydaz

Interesting take on that.
I always considered Jesus Christ as the Head of both the Jewish and Gentile believing church.
Well, there is a lot you don't know.
Not just the Israelis, thanks be to God, but all believers.

Peculiar in that you want no part of being God's peculiar people.

Peculiar that you think you know what I want and don't want.

I realize it's hard for you to understand that the Jews have always been God's chosen people.
They are His physical people....a nation.

We are a spiritual people....members of the body of Christ.
This is a mystery you aren't aware of, clearly.

I'm glad the Gentiles were also given the chance to believe in the Savior of Israel.
He turned out to be our Savior too...thanks be to God.
Yes, God turned to the gentiles when He was rejected by the Jews.
Only a remnant (Peter etal) remained.

But, don't worry, when we are raptured up to meet the Lord in the air, God will turn again to Israel, and they shall be saved.