when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

Hoping

Banned
Well, there is a lot you don't know.
By that remark, you cause me to think you don't believe that Jesus isn't the head of your sect.
I realize it's hard for you to understand that the Jews have always been God's chosen people.
They are His physical people....a nation.
Ah, that is where we differ.
God doesn't care about flags.
His people do His will, regardless of location.
That is the peculiarity, we do His will.
We are a spiritual people....members of the body of Christ.
This is a mystery you aren't aware of, clearly.
So is everyone who has been baptized into Christ. (Rom 6:3)
Get it?
INTO Christ?

Yes, God turned to the gentiles when He was rejected by the Jews.
Only a remnant (Peter etal) remained.
Some of the Jews rejected Him, but not all.
The believers now do His will.
As do the Gentiles who have been grafted onto them.
But, don't worry, when we are raptured up to meet the Lord in the air, God will turn again to Israel, and they shall be saved.
After the living and raised dead meet the Lord in the air, it will all be over.
Judgement is happening.

glorydaz

So, back to the importance of Peter. Peter represents the remnant.

The remnant refers to faithful Israel.
It's faithful Israel that will go through tribulation, while enduring to the end when they will be saved.
So, when we read Peter, we have to bear this in mind.

"A chosen generation". Peter is making it clear to his fellow Jews that they were living in a very special generation.

Genesis 17:7
And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Derf

Of course it is. He was speaking to Jews.....his fellow believers in the Messiah.

YE are a chosen generation. In what way do you think gentiles could ever be called a generation?
In what way do you think gentiles could ever be a kingdom of priests? A royal priesthood?

Exodus 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Yet he was writing to churches that Paul wrote to when he wrote that.

What do priests do? They intercede for the people that can't intercede for themselves. If the whole nation of Israel was supposed to be priests, who would they intercede for? The Gentiles. If Israel refused to do their job as priests, resulting in getting cut off, who would be taking over their job? Gentiles who became believers, i.e. the church.

glorydaz

Yet he was writing to churches that Paul wrote to when he wrote that.

No, he was writing to other kingdom believers.
Paul's letters were read by some kingdom believers, but they were hard to be understood.
What do priests do? They intercede for the people that can't intercede for themselves. If the whole nation of Israel was supposed to be priests, who would they intercede for? The Gentiles. If Israel refused to do their job as priests, resulting in getting cut off, who would be taking over their job? Gentiles who became believers, i.e. the church.
No, members of the body have no need for interceding, since we are members of the very body of Christ.

The Kingdom of Priests will happen when Israel's Kingdom comes.....that time of refreshing that Peter spoke of. That's when Israel's sins will be blotted out. Which is why they have to endure to the end to be saved.

Acts 3:
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Then the Jews will intercede for the gentile nations.....during the millenium.

Derf

No, he was writing to other kingdom believers.
Paul's letters were read by some kingdom believers, but they were hard to be understood.

No, members of the body have no need for interceding, since we are members of the very body of Christ.

The Kingdom of Priests will happen when Israel's Kingdom comes.....that time of refreshing that Peter spoke of. That's when Israel's sins will be blotted out. Which is why they have to endure to the end to be saved.

Acts 3:
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Then the Jews will intercede for the gentile nations.....during the millenium.
Paul said we needed to be interceded for.
Romans 10:14 (KJV)
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Hoping

Banned
So, back to the importance of Peter. Peter represents the remnant.

The remnant refers to faithful Israel.
It's faithful Israel that will go through tribulation, while enduring to the end when they will be saved.
So, when we read Peter, we have to bear this in mind.

"A chosen generation". Peter is making it clear to his fellow Jews that they were living in a very special generation.

Genesis 17:7
And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Thanks be to God we Gentiles could be grafted into it.

glorydaz

Paul said we needed to be interceded for.
Romans 10:14 (KJV)
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Oh so you claim that preaching the gospel makes us priests? No, that's error.

On the contrary, Paul is speaking about the Jews, and of the Messiah bringing forth good tidings.
Jesus and the apostles preached the good tidings to the Jews. Romans chapters 9-11 is about the Jews.

Isaiah 52:
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

glorydaz

Thanks be to God we Gentiles could be grafted into it.
Nope. Members of the body are separate and apart from Israel.

See how Cornelius fits. He's the one who was required to fear God and work righteousness.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Derf

Oh so you claim that preaching the gospel makes us priests? No, that's error.

On the contrary, Paul is speaking about the Jews, and of the Messiah bringing forth good tidings.
Jesus and the apostles preached the good tidings to the Jews. Romans chapters 9-11 is about the Jews.

Isaiah 52:
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
He's speaking about the Jews, comparing them to Gentiles (don't forget to read the context).
Romans 10:12 (KJV) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

So if the Jews need a preacher, the Gentiles who believe (to whom Paul is writing) can fill that need toward the Jews.

glorydaz

He's speaking about the Jews, comparing them to Gentiles (don't forget to read the context).
Romans 10:12 (KJV) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

So if the Jews need a preacher, the Gentiles who believe (to whom Paul is writing) can fill that need toward the Jews.
Believe me, I've read the context. There is no difference between Jew and Greek when it comes to sin and their need for salvation.
It was the Jews that had to confess Jesus with their mouth, and it was the remnant of Israel that is being discussed in those three chapters. It's all about Israel....chapter 9 how the faithful and unfaithful were separate. chapter 10 about how and why Israel fell, and chapter 11 about how a remnant will be saved in the end.

NOTHING but faith is required of the body of Christ. Don't forget to read the whole context.

glorydaz

Paul was primarily the apostle to the gentiles.
The crowds were mainly gentiles.

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

The remnant (believing Israel) were a chosen generation, and were to go through tribulation, just as had been prophesied all throughout scripture. And, of course, they did suffer tribulation...dispersed and scattered. Which is what Peter, James, John, and Jude preached. Faith and works, still....as well as enduring to the end. Which is not true of the body of Christ.

Hoping

Banned
Nope. Members of the body are separate and apart from Israel.
I find that belief divisive.
All believers are one, in Christ.
Now if you want to admit you are not "in Christ", you, personally, are correct.
It is written..."There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28)
See how Cornelius fits. He's the one who was required to fear God and work righteousness.
Jew and Gentile alike are "required" to fear God and work righteousness, as the only alternative is to disregard Him totally and work devilishness.
It that the Christianity you adhere to?
I pray not.
Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
This verse contradicts your previous sentence.
"IN EVERY NATION", he that feareth Him and worketh righteousness IS ACCEPTED WITH HIM."

Hoping

Banned
Believe me, I've read the context. There is no difference between Jew and Greek when it comes to sin and their need for salvation.
It was the Jews that had to confess Jesus with their mouth, and it was the remnant of Israel that is being discussed in those three chapters. It's all about Israel....chapter 9 how the faithful and unfaithful were separate. chapter 10 about how and why Israel fell, and chapter 11 about how a remnant will be saved in the end.

NOTHING but faith is required of the body of Christ. Don't forget to read the whole context.
How can faith be illustrated if one doesn't DO anything to manifest it?

Hoping

Banned
Paul was primarily the apostle to the gentiles.
The crowds were mainly gentiles.

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

The remnant (believing Israel) were a chosen generation, and were to go through tribulation, just as had been prophesied all throughout scripture. And, of course, they did suffer tribulation...dispersed and scattered. Which is what Peter, James, John, and Jude preached. Faith and works, still....as well as enduring to the end. Which is not true of the body of Christ.
I'ld really like to see one verse where Peter, James, or John preached circumcision, dietary rules, tithing, temple worship, or feast keeping "for salvation" to anyone.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I find that belief divisive.

That's what it means to "rightly divide."

All believers are one, in Christ.

Yes, IN CHRIST.

NOT in the nation of Israel, which is His bride.

It is written..."There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28)

Supra.

Jew and Gentile alike are "required" to fear God and work righteousness, as the only alternative is to disregard Him totally and work devilishness.
It that the Christianity you adhere to?
I pray not.

False dichotomy.

We're not "required" to do anything, because WE CAN'T! YOU cannot. That's the entire reason Christ went to the Cross!

It is CHRIST IN US who does good works.

Right Divider

Body part
Phil 3:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Hoping

Banned
That's what it means to "rightly divide."
Your divisiveness isn't "rightly"
Yes, IN CHRIST.
Yep, Jew and Gentile repentant believers who have submitted themselves to God.
NOT in the nation of Israel, which is His bride.
The nation of Israel is not being considered here.
And the entire church, Jew and Greek, will be accounted the bride.
We're not "required" to do anything, because WE CAN'T! YOU cannot. That's the entire reason Christ went to the Cross!
I thought for a moment you were going to say we aren't "required to fear God and work righteousness" because it is the natural disposition of the repentant, reborn, Jew and Greek to do the will of God.
That is one of the results of the death and resurrection of Christ.
It is CHRIST IN US who does good works.
Amen to that, which makes it easy to determine who Christ really is "in".
And in whom He is not.