when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

Right Divider

Body part
It depends entirely on the context.
INDEED... something that you seem to ignore in the entire rest of the Bible.
I'm sorry that you have forsaken the means of remission of sins, and the way to kill the old man, bury him, and be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
The "means of remission of sins" is Christ's death on the cross for those sins. Trusting in Him does not require a Jewish water ceremony.
To kill the flesh and walk in the Spirit instead.
Getting wet does not help in this regard.
That verse refers indeed to the baptism of the Holy Ghost, but not the one Paul wrote about in 1 Cor 6:11...
You are confused or lying. That verse says CLEARLY "baptism BY the Spirit".
"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
Two different things are mentioned there..."washed-sanctified-justified in the name of the Lord Jesus" AND "and by the Spirit of our God."

The baptism of the Holy Spirit isn't done by God "in the name of Jesus Christ", so must refer to the baptism by water which Peter commanded in Acts 2:38...."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
The body of Christ had not even begun when Peter preached to "men of Israel".

You cling to myths and misunderstandings.

Hoping

Banned
No, but that is relevant to the point. The point is that baptism is NOT exclusively water.
It is when the context is conversion, forgiveness of sins, and obedience to the words of Peter in Acts 2:38 or Ananias/Luke in Acts 22:16.
There is no water baptism for the church today. That you cling to the Jewish ceremonies is a testament to your lack of knowledge of what the Bible teaches.
Yes there is.
The church has not found anything but the blood of Christ that can forgive past sins.
That blood is applied to us when we are on the cross in Christ.
Paul preaches that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ and THAT baptism is not water. It is baptism BY the Spirit into the body (of Christ).
One from God, but the other is administered my man.
The one men do comes first to cleanse the temple the Spirit will reside in.
1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1 Cor 6:11..."And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
You left off half of the "ingredients" to Paul's formula for cleansing, sanctification, and justification.

Hoping

Banned
INDEED... something that you seem to ignore in the entire rest of the Bible.
It seems that I am the one trying to get you to obey Peter and Paul
The "means of remission of sins" is Christ's death on the cross for those sins. Trusting in Him does not require a Jewish water ceremony.
It does if you want the cleansing blood applied to you. It does if you wan to be planted in His burial so you can also be raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
It is written..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom 6:4-7)
Does your method make you free from sin?
Getting wet does not help in this regard.
Being wet has nothing to do with it.
Are you afraid of shallow water or something?
You are confused or lying. That verse says CLEARLY "baptism BY the Spirit".
That is what I wrote.
From earlier..."That verse refers indeed to the baptism of the Holy Ghost, but not the one Paul wrote about in 1 Cor 6:11..."
In fact that verse also included "AND by the the Spirit of our God".
Why do you neglect the first part?
The body of Christ had not even begun when Peter preached to "men of Israel".
It had by the end of the day of Pentecost.
3000 souls were added to the initial 120 in one day.
You going to say they were NOT in Christ?
I hope not !
You cling to myths and misunderstandings.
I don't agree with your POV..
It is what your prophet taught.

Right Divider

Body part
It is when the context is conversion, forgiveness of sins, and obedience to the words of Peter in Acts 2:38 or Ananias/Luke in Acts 22:16.
Peter was preaching to Israel.
Peter is one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.

Acts 22:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:12) And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt [there],

Ananias was a devout Jew who knew nothing of the body of Christ per Paul.
Yes there is.
No, there is not. You will not find Paul commanding water baptism. As a matter of fact, Paul was glad that he baptized few. That makes no sense if water baptism was a thing for the body of Christ.
The church has not found anything but the blood of Christ that can forgive past sins.
The church which is His body was not in existence on that lawfully required Jewish feast day.
That blood is applied to us when we are on the cross in Christ.
No water involved in that.
One from God, but the other is administered my man.
That TWO and NOT ONE.
The one men do comes first to cleanse the temple the Spirit will reside in.
Mythology.
1 Cor 6:11..."And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
That "washing" has nothing to do with water baptism. You must try to force your ideas on the scripture.
You left off half of the "ingredients" to Paul's formula for cleansing, sanctification, and justification.
Nope... you're just clinging to myth and Jewish ceremonies.

Right Divider

Body part
It seems that I am the one trying to get you to obey Peter and Paul
You are confused if you are following one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

Paul is the ONE apostle for the ONE body. You should follow him AS he follows Christ.

1Cor 4:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Cor 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.
It does if you want the cleansing blood applied to you.
The blood applies to me without ANY ceremonies, rituals, etc. etc. etc.
It does if you wan to be planted in His burial so you can also be raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
No water needed for that.
It is written..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
That "baptism" has no water. You assume it does because you have water on the brain.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom 6:4-7)
Does your method make you free from sin?
Absolutely! No water needed.
Being wet has nothing to do with it.
And yet you keep claiming that it does.
Are you afraid of shallow water or something?
Nope. I just know the truth.
That is what I wrote.
From earlier..."That verse refers indeed to the baptism of the Holy Ghost, but not the one Paul wrote about in 1 Cor 6:11..."
Words mean things. BY and WITH are NOT the same.
In fact that verse also included "AND by the the Spirit of our God".
Why do you neglect the first part?

It had by the end of the day of Pentecost.
3000 souls were added to the initial 120 in one day.
You going to say they were NOT in Christ?
I hope not !
They are in Christ but NOT in the same way as the body of Christ is in Christ. I know you will not understand that, but that's your problem.
I don't agree with your POV..
That's OK. You're just wrong.
It is what your prophet taught.
My "prophet" is the Bible... the Word of God.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
You are confused if you are following one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.
Paul is the ONE apostle for the ONE body. You should follow him AS he follows Christ.
As all of God's teachers tell us the same thing, that being: Love God with all your might and love your neighbor as you love yourself,
following any apostle would seem very profitable.
1Cor 4:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1Cor 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.
Amen to that, and as Paul got baptized after seemingly turning from sin, and he received the gift of the Holy Ghost accompanied by the gift of tongues, just as Peter did, and continued on in the grace of God, I am happily following both.
The blood applies to me without ANY ceremonies, rituals, etc. etc. etc.
Got any scriptures for that?
Something saying, perhaps, that water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins has been rescinded?
No water needed for that.
That "baptism" has no water. You assume it does because you have water on the brain.
Absolutely! No water needed.
And yet you keep claiming that it does.
Nope. I just know the truth.
Words mean things. BY and WITH are NOT the same.
They are in Christ but NOT in the same way as the body of Christ is in Christ. I know you will not understand that, but that's your problem.
How can people who were baptized into Christ, not be "in Christ"?
Plain reading makes it clear that if you are immersed into something (someone) you are in fact in it/them.
That's OK. You're just wrong.
My "prophet" is the Bible... the Word of God.
Why then, don't you believe Jesus, Peter, or Paul?
Jesus said..."Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matt 28:19)
Peter said..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

And..."Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:47-48)

Paul did say..."Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 19:4-5)

Paul also wrote..."Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs' and ours':" (1 Cor 1:2)
Guess where those Gentiles called upon the name of the Lord? At their water baptism "in the name of Jesus Christ" for the remission of sins."
Paul also wrote..."And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified "in the name of the Lord Jesus", and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor 6:11)
Who deprived you of your remission of sins by calling on the name of the Lord at your washing?
Paul IS writing to Gentiles in Corinth !

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
... Got any scriptures for that?
Something saying, perhaps, that water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins has been rescinded?
Tantamount to asking for something saying that the keys being given to Peter was rescinded. Asking for where the New Covenant is put on hold. It doesn't exist but they'll say Romans 11 presumes it, even though it doesn't say it.

Hoping

Banned
Tantamount to asking for something saying that the keys being given to Peter was rescinded.
I agree.
Asking for where the New Covenant is put on hold. It doesn't exist but they'll say Romans 11 presumes it, even though it doesn't say it.
Who do you refer to as "they"?

Right Divider

Body part
As all of God's teachers tell us the same thing, that being: Love God with all your might and love your neighbor as you love yourself,
following any apostle would seem very profitable.
Some things are universal; some are not. I seems that you cannot tell the difference.

Goodbye.