when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

glorydaz

That's not the way Jesus saw it.
Luke 6:25 (KJV)
Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Yep, that's the way it was before the cross, and before the Risen Lord revealed the way of salvation to us in this present dispensation of time.

We have a much better deal. A free gift of God that Christ earned for us on the cross.
This is why the Lord sent Paul, and still so many people can't accept it. So sad.

glorydaz

By the grace of God, the gift of permanent repentance from sin, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins, and the gift of the Holy Ghost, I can now walk in the Spirit instead of in the "flesh".
To the glory of God.
"the gift of permanent repentance from sin,"

Let's add that one to our Walk of Shame.

glorydaz

That's not the way Jesus saw it.
Luke 6:25 (KJV)
Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Didn't you know that Jesus preached the Law when He walked among us?

As Paul tells us, the law was the schoolmaster that leads men to Christ.
We are no longer under the schoolmaster.

Derf

My point was that assurance doesn't equal salvation. It never does. And Jesus' words are about the heavenly kingdom, which you claim Paul was talking about.

glorydaz

My point was that assurance doesn't equal salvation. It never does. And Jesus' words are about the heavenly kingdom, which you claim Paul was talking about.
No, the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus and the twelve preached is concerning the Kingdom ON EARTH where Christ will sit on the throne of David. That Kingdom that was prophesied from the beginning.

Paul does not preach about that Kingdom, but the Kingdom of God in heavenly places.

And, members of the body of Christ...those saved by Paul's Gospel...do, indeed, have assurance of salvation.
We are His body, sealed with the Holy Spirit and seated with Him in heavenly places.

And this is why it's important to know the difference between the two kingdoms.

Derf

No, the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus and the twelve preached is concerning the Kingdom ON EARTH where Christ will sit on the throne of David. That Kingdom that was prophesied from the beginning.

Paul does not preach about that Kingdom, but the Kingdom of God in heavenly places.

And, members of the body of Christ...those saved by Paul's Gospel...do, indeed, have assurance of salvation.
We are His body, sealed with the Holy Spirit and seated with Him in heavenly places.

And this is why it's important to know the difference between the two kingdoms.
So the kingdom of heaven is not the kingdom of the God in heavenly places? The kingdom of heaven is really the kingdom on earth? So when Jesus said to pray “Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven”, he didn't really mean the kingdom of God in heaven, because that kingdom was really on the earth, or kingdom of God in heavenly places, because that was Paul's kingdom of God, which was still a mystery. Therefore now there is a third kingdom of God you espouse?

You might want to issue a program--it's getting hard to tell who's who and where's where.

Hoping

Banned
smh.

You're a sinner Hoping. So apparently not you.
I am not a sinner, as those born of God's seed cannot bring forth evil fruit.
As it is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
Are you not born of God by rebirth from God's seed?

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
I am not a sinner, as those born of God's seed cannot bring forth evil fruit.
As it is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
Are you not born of God by rebirth from God's seed?
Is passive aggression evil fruit?

Hoping

Banned
"the gift of permanent repentance from sin,"

Let's add that one to our Walk of Shame.
Jesus died and rose again to provide the means of salvation, and a turn from sin is the first step after one believes.
Thanks be to God I don't have to be a drunken, druggie, liar, thief, anymore.
Those who so not turn from sin are still servants of sin, and not servants of God.
Remember, Jesus said no man can serve two masters in Matt 6:24..."No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
According to Jesus , sinners hate God.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Are you thinking of going fruity? 😜
Naw I just already caught him being passive aggressive a couple times now and yet he continues to maintain that he's without sin in an absolute and objective sense. So I'm asking him what his thoughts are on passive aggression and sin?

Hoping

Banned

If one is still breaking the Law, they are still under the Law.
As it is written..."Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," (1 Tim 1:9)

glorydaz

So the kingdom of heaven is not the kingdom of the God in heavenly places? The kingdom of heaven is really the kingdom on earth? So when Jesus said to pray “Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven”, he didn't really mean the kingdom of God in heaven, because that kingdom was really on the earth, or kingdom of God in heavenly places, because that was Paul's kingdom of God, which was still a mystery. Therefore now there is a third kingdom of God you espouse?

You might want to issue a program--it's getting hard to tell who's who and where's where.
The gospels are hid from those who are lost. :unsure:

"Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...... This is the Kingdom that was preached when Jesus walked the earth, and even after He'd resurrected. Peter and the remnant still preached that the Kingdom was at hand.

Jesus was teaching the Apostles to pray while they waited for that KINGDOM ON EARTH, where Jesus would sit on David's throne. (ZION - Jerusalem) The Jews were living under Roman rule, and when their Messiah arrived, they knew the Kingdom was at hand.

Paul never preaches about the Kingdom on earth.

Ours is a spiritual kingdom. Plain and simple. Until you figure that out, you'll continue to get dizzier and dizzier as your post above makes clear.

Hoping

Banned
The gospels are hid from those who are lost. :unsure:

"Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...... This is the Kingdom that was preached when Jesus walked the earth, and even after He'd resurrected. Peter and the remnant still preached that the Kingdom was at hand.

Jesus was teaching the Apostles to pray while they waited for that KINGDOM ON EARTH, where Jesus would sit on David's throne. (ZION - Jerusalem) The Jews were living under Roman rule, and when their Messiah arrived, they knew the Kingdom was at hand.

Paul never preaches about the Kingdom on earth.

Ours is a spiritual kingdom. Plain and simple. Until you figure that out, you'll continue to get dizzier and dizzier as your post above makes clear.
If the kingdom won't be here till the end, how would that be "good news" to anyone?
The "good news" of the time of Christ was that Jesus was the Son of God, and the Savior, and with man on earth.
It is written..."And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:10-11)

"Good news", "good tidings"; what is the difference?
Also note that the angel said "all people", and not just Jews.
That "news" is worth spreading around !