ECT Romans 9:21 the clay

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah I remember when you all turned on him. Maybe you should have been been more gentle? ha ha

I offered to show him my "Sensitive Man...Alan Alda" technique, to perhaps get him back with his wife. I even offered to send a bottle of Visine, which I use to employ, to make it look like I was crying/sensitive. Chicks seem to dig it, when I was in high school. He gave me a "Darby," and declined, telling me that I was "in denial," stumping me once more.

john w

Hall of Fame
At least they go to church and work for a living.

No, toots, as I told your unemployed buddie Tellalie, I pay more in taxes, than either of you make, as a stock trader. Of course, you think stock trading is something you do, at Home Depot, where you work as a clerk, stocking items, from the stock room.

Poor Dopie Opie.

john w

Hall of Fame
At least they go to church and work for a living.

And your "church," toots, is turning on Jan Crouch, every day, on "The Devil's Broadcasting Network," "TBN," and crying with her, every day, as you sit, slumped, eating Ho Ho's, and putting on your charismatic make up.

So there.

SaulToPaul 2

And your "church," toots, is turning on Jan Crouch, every day, on "The Devil's Broadcasting Network," "TBN," and crying with her, every day, as you sit, slumped, eating Ho Ho's, and putting on your charismatic make up.

So there.

Do they call 'em Ho Ho's across the Pond?

whitestone

WhiteStone,

If you click on the blue arrow that is right after "Originally Posted by Danoh" in his quote will take you directly to the post he made.

Thanks but it goes back to my post(Danoh) but I think he was speaking of Merrill F. Unger or Merrill C. Unger(two different men,or and error),,but I'm not sure,lol

The F key is above the C on the keyboard and so is probably a mistake in typing so probably the correct one is "Merrill Fredrick Unger"

andyc

Jan.jpg
8113445_f260.jpg

Danoh

Thanks but it goes back to my post(Danoh) but I think he was speaking of Merrill F. Unger or Merrill C. Unger(two different men,or and error),,but I'm not sure,lol

The F key is above the C on the keyboard and so is probably a mistake in typing so probably the correct one is "Merrill Fredrick Unger"

I said I'd meant Ussher - James Ussher.

whitestone

I said I'd meant Ussher - James Ussher.

I haven't read much of Usshers Chronology of Acts 7. I used Herods in Acts 12:23 KJV at ad44 and tried to narrow down which of the three droughts of acts 11:28 KJV (time marks from Acts)to try to fix a date of Acts 11 and 12 with.,,,I'll look more into Ussher's chronology though.

Danoh

I haven't read much of Usshers Chronology of Acts 7. I used Herods in Acts 12:23 KJV at ad44 and tried to narrow down which of the three droughts of acts 11:28 KJV (time marks from Acts)to try to fix a date of Acts 11 and 12 with.,,,I'll look more into Ussher's chronology though.

Acts one through seven, not Acts seven.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol,this is one of your better yarns though I have to admit. STP ask when the years the locust have eaten were restored",,,and you said

Joel 2:25 KJV so,,,,

Jesus is crucified and at sundown the high Sabbath begins so they remove him from the cross John 19:31 KJV then Jesus is in the grave for 3 days as we all know ,then he is witnessed for 40 days and then ascends to Heaven. The Apostles meanwhile don't think it's been restored yet, Acts 1:6-7 KJV .

So it's called Pentecost because it is 50 days long ,,so 3 days in the grave plus 40 days is 43 and if he was witnessed for the 40 then his Ascension was the next day so 44 and the day of Pentecost is the 50th day so it doesn't count which leaves a "five day period of time that all the years the locust have eaten to be fulfilled" not withstanding that the disciples didn't know it was if they ask him about it in Acts 1:6 KJV.

LOl,,,but that is some of your best work TET,,,"if you say it real fast",,,

You're not even close to understanding what I said.

I said that Joel 2:28 was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost in 30AD.

Therefore, Joel 2:25 was fulfilled before the Day of Pentecost.

When Joel 2:25 was fulfilled, I didn't say, however simple logic tells us it was fulfilled somewhere between when Joel was written, to the Day of Pentecost in 30AD.

I have no idea where you came up with all your math. I guess that what happens when someone has been brainwashed by Dispensationalism.

The reason we know verse 25 was fulfilled before verse 28 is because verse 28 begins "AND AFTERWARD....."

So, I have no idea when verse 25 was fulfilled, but I know that it was fulfilled before the Day of Pentecost in 30AD.

It could have been hundreds of years before Pentecost 30AD

john w

Hall of Fame
I have no idea where you came up with all your math. I guess that what happens when someone has been brainwashed by Dispensationalism.
Once again, the slick, greasy actress takes a bow, with his "brainwashed" stumper:

"Therefore, I stand by my original statement that calling someone a name who does not agree with how you understand the Bible makes no sense since there is the possibility you could be wrong..."-Craigee Tet.

"In other words, no one ever achieves the 100% objective truth understanding of the Bible.Therefore, when I encounter a fellow believer who has a different understanding of scripture than I do, I do not rebuke them by calling them names, telling them they are not saved, insulting them, or calling them a liar like you do. I simply state what I have been taught, and what I believe is the objective truth of the Bible.You on the other hand, when encountering a believer who believes differently than you, are convinced that you know the 100% objective truth of the Bible, so you call the fellow believer names, and call them a liar."-Tet.

"The only thing you are interested in is personal attacks against me."-Tellalie

No "personal" attacks, insults, name calling, huh sweetie, as you stand by your "original statement that calling someone a name who does not agree with how you understand the Bible makes no sense," right, punk? You "do not rebuke them by calling them names,..., insulting them," do you, little arms one? Nah....

Which side of your weak face, would you liked slapped, little chin, "Frank Burns" Craigie?

Wimpy Craigie suffers another "death knell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither. Pour out vs. Pour out of.
Perhaps you're stupid?

No, it's you.

Peter quoted Joel.

(Joel 2:28) “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people....

(Acts 2:17) “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

You want us to believe that Peter quoted Joel verbatim except for one word that Peter snuck in.

Dispensationalism + King James Onlyism is a really bad combo.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Romans 9 KJV​
(21) Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?​

When Paul makes this statement, does he intend "clay" to refer to Israel or all mankind?

Israel - no question.

Paul was referencing Jeremiah 18...

Jeremiah 18:1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying: 2 “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” 3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. 4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.

5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!​

Romans 9 is about Israel being cut off. Paul is using the principle taught in Jeremiah 18 as explanation as to why they have been cut off...

Jeremiah 18: 7 The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, 8 if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. 9 And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, 10 if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.​

I further establish this point in the One on One debate I had several years ago with Mr. Coffee....

One on One: Romans 9

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. I just noticed that this thread is over 90 posts long already. I haven't read the thread. Sorry if this was redundant!