What is the express image of God?

tomlapalm

yall can't see the forest for the trees, in the definition for he word "the express image" is from charaktēr as you say , but look at the definition and use for rhe word and the meaning will be evident.

it is an instrument used for engraving or stamping a mark.
when form can be impressed on metal, forming depressions, but our coins that have the image higher than parts are stamped to raise the image on the coin.

Everycoin would look alike with a figure of the expressed imaged as compared to an impressed image.

The Son is exactly as the Father

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My terms may not be correct but I call the express image of God the Christ spirit. God used this spirit to create everything. This, I believe, is not the Holy Spirit for is is the image of God not God himself. If the father can share his HS I would assume Christ could also. They would be identical spirits though, how would one tell which is which?

I think Jesus had much more that the spirit we share with God. We would not be trusted with the power he had been given. He is a form of God.
It sounds like you are saying :help: that Jesus had more of "the Christ spirit" even than we do. That sounds heretical, if it is what you are saying.

keypurr

Keypurr believes that Christ is only a, "created being" and not God the Son!
He claims he's learned this, among other things over a period of many year's
study of the Scriptures! There's a fellow in California named Harold Camping(91 year's old) who spent many years on the radio teaching the Bible. He also spent the majority of his life studying the Bible and came to the "faulty" conclusion that Christ would be returning to earth on May 21, 2011; the rapture would occur and there would be a massive worldwide earthquake. He claimed
there was "no doubt" this would happen according to Scripture (as interpreted by Camping) May 21st came, and nothing happened, so Camping recalculated and decided that it would occur on, "October 21st." Of course, nothing happened then either.
Like Camping, "keypurr" stands by his many years of studying the Scriptures.
Keypurr claims Jesus is merely a "created being" and not, God the Son. I say that keypurr ought to study a bit longer so he can eventually come across the TRUTH!!

Certainly a person with your vast knowledge can enlighten me before it is to late. Bring your truth to my table that I may digest it and see if agrees with my digestive system.

Do I need the Salt or Ketchup for your meal? Show me your revelations of God, share with the world so we will all know.

The created son of God is above all creation friend. I believe that only the father is uncreated. Nothing, of course, can be proven, we must understand enough to accept what we can not prove. So I do not expect perfection from you but tell me anyway, why YOU do not think Christ is a creation.

Peace GM

keypurr

It sounds like you are saying :help: that Jesus had more of "the Christ spirit" even than we do. That sounds heretical, if it is what you are saying.

Well, I can't walk on Water, can you?
Did you created the world?

The Christ spirit did. That spirit was with God before the world was.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

No, I was not given this spirit. This spirit is godlike.

keypurr

The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. I know God is Spirit, but what do we do with the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ?

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So another question (aside) would be if the Spirit of Jesus is the same as the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God.

Acts 2:33 "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

Acts 16:7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them;

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Philippians 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Psalm 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, [for] the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell [among them].

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, I can't walk on Water, can you?
Did you created the world?

The Christ spirit did. That spirit was with God before the world was.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

No, I was not given this spirit. This spirit is godlike.
Believers in Christ, if they have been baptized by the Spirit of God by faith and the working of God, have the Holy Spirit and are anointed (but they are not (Christ or) Jesus Christ).

keypurr

Believers in Christ, if they have been baptized by the Spirit of God by faith and the working of God, have the Holy Spirit and are anointed (but they are not (Christ or) Jesus Christ).

True, the Christ spirit is the express image of God was told in Hebrews 1. That what I see. This is a copy of the Father with his fullness. It is a form of God friend. It is much more than the HS.

Only one man could ever be given that spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
True, the Christ spirit is the express image of God was told in Hebrews 1. That what I see. This is a copy of the Father with his fullness. It is a form of God friend. It is much more than the HS.

Only one man could ever be given that spirit.
Do you mean the Holy Spirit? The term you are saying is "the Christ spirit". Is that your term or someone else's? I don't see it in scripture.

I do see that Christians are anointed with the Spirit of God though.

1 John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

keypurr

Do you mean the Holy Spirit? The term you are saying is "the Christ spirit". Is that your term or someone else's? I don't see it in scripture.

I do see that Christians are anointed with the Spirit of God though.

1 John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

No my friend. The express image of God is a spirit. Hebrews 1

Christ is the express image of God, with that came wisdom and power for that spirit is a form of God. God created another godlike spirit like himself. That is what Christ is. Now this Christ spirit was IN Jesus. It spoke through Jesus. When Jesus told of the glory he had before the world was created it was Christ speaking through him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The word "Christ" is not in Hebrews 1 (KJV). Neither is the word "spirit" except "spirits" in verse 14 but that is not talking about the Son of God.
Christ is the express image of God, with that came wisdom and power for that spirit is a form of God. God created another godlike spirit like himself. That is what Christ is. Now this Christ spirit was IN Jesus. It spoke through Jesus. When Jesus told of the glory he had before the world was created it was Christ speaking through him.
I believe the Son of God is the express image of God. Not a spirit or a Christ spirit (Hebrews 1). Do you believe the Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit?

We have talked about the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Jesus, the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and you say they are all the same. So I don't understand why you are "inventing" or copying someone else, about a "Christ spirit".

I believe you are trying to talk about something people call the Incarnation (that Jesus preexisted in some other form, including with God and even as God before the world began), something I don't understand enough about to speak with any real authority/credibility right now.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We have the spirit of Christ in us (Colossians 1:27). Does that make me the express image of God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We have the spirit of Christ in us (Colossians 1:27). Does that make me the express image of God?
The verse you mention may be or involve that we live like Christ. What is in Christ we see in other Christians. The love of Christ is contagious. Etc... (my current view).

keypurr

The word "Christ" is not in Hebrews 1 (KJV). Neither is the word "spirit" except "spirits" in verse 14 but that is not talking about the Son of God.I believe the Son of God is the express image of God. Not a spirit or a Christ spirit (Hebrews 1). Do you believe the Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit?

We have talked about the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Jesus, the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and you say they are all the same. So I don't understand why you are "inventing" or copying someone else, about a "Christ spirit".

I believe you are trying to talk about something people call the Incarnation (that Jesus preexisted in some other form, including with God and even as God before the world began), something I don't understand enough about to speak with any real authority/credibility right now.

I am still learning about this to friend, but lets look at it in Hebrews:

This express image is another God. And if God is a spirit, this has to be a spirit. I see it as the Christ spirit because it has deity and God used it to create the world.

Lets compare this to Colossians 1:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

NOTE, he is the image of God and he is firstborn. I see this as God's first creation. An image is a creation, first born is both oldest child and highest in rank.

He created everything for God

God was pleased that this spirit had his fullness (Deity, it is a created God)

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No.

Jesus is the logos made flesh..

No flesh-no Jesus.

You believe the creator of all things was born through Mary and the creator of all things died.

You believe gobblegook.

but for all that you will not be saved or go to hell based on it as you think others will.

When you and others think that determines salvation then I know you do not know what is important to God. You only think you do.

LA

Yes but no flesh does not mean no Logos, before He became flesh He was with God and He was God.

My salvation is an every day experience and rejoicing.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I see the Christ spirit as a form of God for it is the express image of the Father.

Jesus had to grow in wisdom like all children he did not have it at birth.

No Totton, I ponder everything.

Example, what is logos?
logos can be defined in a few ways, what is the intent in John 1?

I envy folks who can just accept everything they are told. I can't do that. Sometimes I may question to much but that is my nature. I really am not a bad person Tot.

We simply accept what we are told because of Who told us, you quibble and quarrel with God. The Logos was God.

He was not a form of God He was in the form of God, if your interpretation were true then He would have only have been a form of man for it says He took the form of a servant...

did YOU take the form? no you didn't have any say.

That's the difference betwixt you and Christ.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My terms may not be correct but I call the express image of God the Christ spirit. God used this spirit to create everything. This, I believe, is not the Holy Spirit for is is the image of God not God himself. If the father can share his HS I would assume Christ could also. They would be identical spirits though, how would one tell which is which?

I think Jesus had much more that the spirit we share with God. We would not be trusted with the power he had been given. He is a form of God.

You is doting keypurr

Spirit has not form or image, so here you are arrived at the opposite of what the scripture declares.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Keypurr believes that Christ is only a, "created being" and not God the Son!
He claims he's learned this, among other things over a period of many year's
study of the Scriptures! There's a fellow in California named Harold Camping(91 year's old) who spent many years on the radio teaching the Bible. He also spent the majority of his life studying the Bible and came to the "faulty" conclusion that Christ would be returning to earth on May 21, 2011; the rapture would occur and there would be a massive worldwide earthquake. He claimed
there was "no doubt" this would happen according to Scripture (as interpreted by Camping) May 21st came, and nothing happened, so Camping recalculated and decided that it would occur on, "October 21st." Of course, nothing happened then either.
Like Camping, "keypurr" stands by his many years of studying the Scriptures.
Keypurr claims Jesus is merely a "created being" and not, God the Son. I say that keypurr ought to study a bit longer so he can eventually come across the TRUTH!!

He is ever learning but never able to arrive at the truth....it is very sad.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Certainly a person with your vast knowledge can enlighten me before it is to late. Bring your truth to my table that I may digest it and see if agrees with my digestive system.

Do I need the Salt or Ketchup for your meal? Show me your revelations of God, share with the world so we will all know.

The created son of God is above all creation friend. I believe that only the father is uncreated. Nothing, of course, can be proven, we must understand enough to accept what we can not prove. So I do not expect perfection from you but tell me anyway, why YOU do not think Christ is a creation.

Peace GM

Nothing can be proven eh?

So after all this time you admit that you do not worship the Father as the one true God....those of us who believe the word knew it for know one knows the Father or has at any time seen His form....the Son who is in the bosom of the Father has revealed Him.

God can only be known through Christ.

I see the ol' "friend" malarky is slipping away and you are becoming your usual angry self.