What is the express image of God?

Wile E. Coyote

It's what we are to become at our resurrection from the dead! On the last day!

John 6:39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
It says that Jesus will raise "it" up at the last day. By your logic in John 1 it will NOT be persons that are raised.

You've been spanked good Paul!
a082zf0.gif

keypurr

It says that Jesus will raise "it" up at the last day. By your logic in John 1 it will NOT be persons that are raised.

You've been spanked good Paul!
a082zf0.gif

I hope you guys are using a paddle otherwise your hands will be as red as your face.

Wile why do you shun away from the question in the OP?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
True, but it goes deeper Totton. God created everything with this spirit. It was with him before the world was. This is the spirit that Jesus received at his baptism. That is when he got his powers. (Acts 10:38) So God did make an imageof himself, a form of God, a creation. The OP verses open up a lot to ponder over.

Peace

The Spirit that Christ received at His baptism was the Holy Spirit. That which created all things was Jesus.

keypurr

The Spirit that Christ received at His baptism was the Holy Spirit. That which created all things was Jesus.

BR, check out Acts 10:38
Notice how it states that he received the Holy Spirit AND POWER.

The power is the power of Christ, the form of God spirit. He is the only one to ever receive that power. It confirms my thoughts friend.

keypurr

Hebrews 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Yep, and in Colossians 1 it tells you that the Father was pleased that it had his fullness, deity. So what is it saying? God created a god.

Jesus is a form of God because he is the Christ. Christ is the express image of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR, check out Acts 10:38
Notice how it states that he received the Holy Spirit AND POWER.

The power is the power of Christ, the form of God spirit. He is the only one to ever receive that power. It confirms my thoughts friend.

And where does it say that the power is the power of Christ? Is that something that you have added to the text?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yep, and in Colossians 1 it tells you that the Father was pleased that it had his fullness, deity. So what is it saying? God created a god.
You use the words "it" and "god".
Jesus is a form of God because he is the Christ. Christ is the express image of God.
I think you are saying Jesus isn't actually God.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

keypurr

You use the words "it" and "god".I think you are saying Jesus isn't actually God.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

I use IT because it is a spirit, I use god for he is a form of god not God. Philippians 2 uses the term "form of God" not God.
This is another reason why I think Christ is a creation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
1. God is a spirit, so his image would be a spirit.

No, GOD is infinite spirit, invisible.... and the point is that the image is the visible revelation of the invisible GOD.
The 'image' is tangeable, visible, the knowable expression of the very essence of GOD.

G5481

image-χαρακτήρ
charaktḗr; gen. charaktḗros, masc. noun from charássō (n.f., see cháragma [G5480]), to carve. Occurs only in Heb_1:3 where it is translated "express image," referring to Jesus Christ. Here He is described as the charaktḗr tḗs hupostáseōs autoú (tē̄́s [G3588], the [gen. fem.]; hupostáseōs [G5287], essence [gen.]; autoú [G846], he [gen. masc.]), "the exact image of His [God's] essence" (a.t.). Whatever the divine essence is, Jesus is said to be its perfect expression. The writer of Hebrews thus sets forth a high Christology affirming the deity of Jesus Christ.-Spiros Zodhiates "Complete Word Study Dictionary"

The term 'firstborn' naturally means the first one born, but was modified in GOD's election to be a title of rank.
Of Noah's sons, Japheth was the first born, but Shem is mentioned first because he carries the blessing and inheritance.
Of Abraham's sons, Ishmael was born first, but Isaac becomes the 'yachid/only' son.
Of Isaac's sons, Esau is born first, but Jacob gets the blessing and inheritance.
Of Jacob's sons, Reuben is born first, but the King will come from Judah.
Of Joseph's sons, Manassah is born first, but GOD calls Ephraim His firstborn.
In Psalms, the prophesy describes the future Messiah as GOD's firstborn by election.
The LORD Jesus Christ is the firstborn from the dead and the firstborn of the new creation. This has nothing to do with His beginning in time. HE exists eternally.

Whatever GOD's 'substance' is, Jesus Christ is the same 'substance'.
Deity has no beginning and is uncreated.

Heb 1:3 who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance

Do you really not understand, that before the creation there was nothing but that which is uncreated and has no beginning.....GOD.

This Spirit is GOD!

Excellent :thumb:

keypurr

What is a spirit?I use lower case god for false gods or rulers.

God is a spirit. You can not see it. It is like the wind, you can only see the effects of it. The spirit is life, without it there is no life.

I believe in only one true God, the father. Jesus taught me that. He is the only one I use a cap G on.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God is a spirit. You can not see it. It is like the wind, you can only see the effects of it. The spirit is life, without it there is no life.

I believe in only one true God, the father. Jesus taught me that. He is the only one I use a cap G on.
You see a difference between the Father and the Son.

I know Jesus is not another God.

keypurr

You see a difference between the Father and the Son.

I know Jesus is not another God.

I think he is a created form of God. Jesus is a man. Christ is a spirit. Christ hold the power of God for IT is the express image of God. Jesus is God's human son, the only sinless person since Adam. The Christ was given to Jesus at his baptism. Acts 10:38

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think he is a created form of God. Jesus is a man. Christ is a spirit. Christ hold the power of God for IT is the express image of God. Jesus is God's human son, the only sinless person since Adam. The Christ was given to Jesus at his baptism. Acts 10:38
The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. I know God is Spirit, but what do we do with the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ?

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So another question (aside) would be if the Spirit of Jesus is the same as the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God.

Acts 2:33 "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

Acts 16:7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them;

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Philippians 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Psalm 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, [for] the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell [among them].

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

keypurr

The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. I know God is Spirit, but what do we do with the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ?

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So another question (aside) would be if "the Spirit of Jesus" (my words) is the same as the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God.

Acts 2:33 "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Psalm 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, [for] the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell [among them].

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Friend, since one spirit is an exact copy of the other, how can you tell the difference?

Keep in mind also that the Holy Spirit (Comforter) comes from the Father through Christ to us.

All things from God come through Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Friend, since one spirit is an exact copy of the other, how can you tell the difference?

Keep in mind also that the Holy Spirit (Comforter) comes from the Father through Christ to us.

All things from God come through Christ.
John 15:26 "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

Also, I added a couple verses I found to my last post. Here they are.

Acts 16:7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them;

Philippians 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Would you say the Spirit of God is not God?

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Who or What is this EXPRESS image of God?

1. God is a spirit, so his image would be a spirit.
2. This is God's firstborn of every creature, a creation.
3. This spirit has deity for it has the fullness of the father.
4. This spirit was with God before the creation, creation was done through this spirit.
5. This spirit is a form of God

I use the term Christ spirit to discribe this image.

What do YOU think it is?

Since you follow Paul and not the son of man your darkness is overwhelming. Meaning you do not understand the truth, the word of the Lord. This is why all of you ask each other what God says because He does not show you His meaning. Didn't Jesus say to continue to teach as He did?

If you continue in my teaching you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Anyone who hears my teaching and puts it to use is like a wise man who builds his house on rock.

Whoever would serve me must follow me. Where I am that is where my servant will be.

I came down from heaven to do the will of him who sent me.

The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.

I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose.

Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God.