What is the express image of God?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I think he is a created form of God. Jesus is a man. Christ is a spirit. Christ hold the power of God for IT is the express image of God. Jesus is God's human son, the only sinless person since Adam. The Christ was given to Jesus at his baptism. Acts 10:38

This is like the belief of the Christadelphians.

"Jesus was a manifestation of the Father in man, begotten by the Spirit. He did not become the Christ until his water baptism; until then he simply had a body prepared for the divine manifestation that was to take place through him..."

Also I notice that you like to refer to some part as an "IT"

Again, like Jehovah's Witnesses, they refer to the Holy Spirit as "it". So they have no Holy Spirit to assist them in their study and interpretation of the Scriptures!

culthelp.com

Christadelphians wiki

keypurr

John 15:26 "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

Also, I added a couple verses I found to my last post. Here they are.

Acts 16:7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them;

Philippians 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Would you say the Spirit of God is not God?

I think the spirit of God is FROM God. I fail to see it as a seperate being. I have always thought this way, it just seems to make sense.

I am open for the idea of others who think in a different way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think the spirit of God is FROM God. I fail to see it as a seperate being. I have always thought this way, it just seems to make sense.

Would you say the Spirit of Jesus is from Jesus?

Do you see the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Jesus, and the Spirit of Jesus Christ all to be the same Spirit?

keypurr

Since you follow Paul and not the son of man your darkness is overwhelming. Meaning you do not understand the truth, the word of the Lord. This is why all of you ask each other what God says because He does not show you His meaning. Didn't Jesus say to continue to teach as He did?

If you continue in my teaching you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Anyone who hears my teaching and puts it to use is like a wise man who builds his house on rock.

Whoever would serve me must follow me. Where I am that is where my servant will be.

I came down from heaven to do the will of him who sent me.

The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.

I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose.

Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God.

You sound like a person with answers. First are you saying Paul was not inspired by Jesus? Should we discard all Pauls books?

I know the Lord very well friend. The topic of discussion is Hebrews 1 and Colossians 1. What is your opinion on the verses in the OP?

What is the express image of God in your mind?

Peace

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think the spirit of God is FROM God. I fail to see it as a separate being. I have always thought this way, it just seems to make sense.

Yes, the Spirit of God IS God, the Father. think or the Father as the Creator, or creating aspect of God, the Son, the connection between man and God, the Holy Spirit as the aspect of God, which guides us; I call it Grace.

We are too old to care about the best argument, what we should care about is being right with God. Christ is the door, please enter and all your questions, you shall know, even if you cannot prove any of it.

OMEGA

Coyote should have posted the rest of the Scriptures.

The "it" refers to all those that God the Father will give Jesus,
and Jesus will Raise that Group of People.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

keypurr

Would you say the Spirit of Jesus is from Jesus?

Do you see the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Jesus, and the Spirit of Jesus Christ all to be the same Spirit?

I'm going to say yes because now they are the same. God could not send himself, he needed a Lamb to beat Satan, so he created a copy of himself to do that. Satan is now defeated, there is no further need of seperate spirits. Keep in mind that this is just speculation. So yes, I see them as pretty much the same spirit.

keypurr

Yes, the Spirit of God IS God, the Father. think or the Father as the Creator, or creating aspect of God, the Son, the connection between man and God, the Holy Spirit as the aspect of God, which guides us; I call it Grace.

We are too old to care about the best argument, what we should care about is being right with God. Christ is the door, please enter and all your questions, you shall know, even if you cannot prove any of it.

First lets get this stright, we are not to old. We are just mature. We are still young at heart.

Now, which came first the chichen or the egg!

Did the spirit create the Father, or the Father create the spirit?

Now there is a good thread to start.

True, nothing can be proved, but our line of reason must be crossed to accept the faith.

K, your a pretty smart chick

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm going to say yes because now they are the same. God could not send himself, he needed a Lamb to beat Satan, so he created a copy of himself to do that. Satan is now defeated, there is no further need of seperate spirits. Keep in mind that this is just speculation. So yes, I see them as pretty much the same spirit.
Does the fact that there is a Spirit of Christ and a Spirit of Jesus Christ lead you to believe that there is not a Spirit of Spirit or a Spirit of Jesus Spirit (I'm saying Christ does not mean Spirit)?

keypurr

Does the fact that there is a Spirit of Christ and a Spirit of Jesus Christ lead you to believe that there is not a Spirit of Spirit or a Spirit of Jesus Spirit (I'm saying Christ does not mean Spirit)?

The Christ Spirit is in Jesus so they are the same spirit.

2Co 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

I see Christ as a spirit.

Jesus is the human that was given that spirit. This Christ spirit has godlike powers friend, it is a form of God. It was with God before the world was created.

Heb 10:5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body you have prepared for me;

Christ (the spirit) was IN Jesus. Jesus is God's son, sinless, the father trusted Jesus not to abuse the power he gave him. Jesus went to the cross for us AND HIS FATHER.

Princely

BANNED
Banned
You sound like a person with answers. First are you saying Paul was not inspired by Jesus? Should we discard all Pauls books?

I know the Lord very well friend. The topic of discussion is Hebrews 1 and Colossians 1. What is your opinion on the verses in the OP?

What is the express image of God in your mind?

Peace

Yes, Discard all of the epistles. They cannot help but only harm.

If you want to know the secrets of the kingdom of God do what is right and just and your prayers will be heard.

"Do what is right and just says the Lord"

"You've been told Oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you, only to do what is righteous love goodness and walk humbly with your God."

The Lord is righteous and He loves righteous works.

The Lord is righteous in all His ways and holy in all His works.

"The Lord will be your light (Israel) your God shall be your glory."

Walk in the light once you have it or darkness will come over you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Christ Spirit is in Jesus so they are the same spirit.

2Co 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

I see Christ as a spirit.

Jesus is the human that was given that spirit. This Christ spirit has godlike powers friend, it is a form of God. It was with God before the world was created.

Heb 10:5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body you have prepared for me;

Christ (the spirit) was IN Jesus. Jesus is God's son, sinless, the father trusted Jesus not to abuse the power he gave him. Jesus went to the cross for us AND HIS FATHER.
You are connecting "Christ" and "came" in the wrong way. This is not saying a spirit called Christ came and indwelt a body...

I have shown you that there is a Spirit of Jesus Christ spoken of in scripture. So it is not that Christ is a Spirit, but that there is a Spirit of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 10:10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

keypurr

You are connecting "Christ" and "came" in the wrong way. This is not saying a spirit called Christ came and indwelt a body...

I have shown you that there is a Spirit of Jesus Christ spoken of in scripture. So it is not that Christ is a Spirit, but that there is a Spirit of Christ.

Do you think that means that:

1 Christ is a spirit?

2 Christ gives out a spirit?

I don't think I understand what your getting at.

Christ is more than Jesus. Christ is a creator. IT is not a man.
But IT was put in a man. So the term Spirit of Christ could mean Christ the spirit OR the teachings of that spirit.

You ask great questions my friend. I imagine we would have to look at each verse to determine what it is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

1 Christ is a spirit?

But IT was put in a man. So the term Spirit of Christ could mean Christ the spirit OR the teachings of that spirit.

You ask great questions my friend. I imagine we would have to look at each verse to determine what it is.
I'm focusing on what the Spirit is OF. Not saying Christ means spirit or Christ imparts a spirit.

Did Jesus have the Spirit of God?

Is Jesus' Spirit the Spirit of God?

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Who lives in us?

Etc...

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1 Christ is a spirit?

The Christ is not and it. This, in and of itself, shows that you do not comprehend that Jesus and the Christ are one in the same.

Luke 2:11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jesus is the Christ and identified as such 19 times in the Blue Letter Bible NKJV.

keypurr

The Christ is not and it. This, in and of itself, shows that you do not comprehend that Jesus and the Christ are one in the same.

Luke 2:11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jesus is the Christ and identified as such 19 times in the Blue Letter Bible NKJV.

BR, Christ exsisted a long time before Jesus did, it is an IT, a spirIT.

You are having a problem with the two natures of Jesus.
He was a MAN with Christ IN him.

Jesus is the Christ only because God put Christ IN him.

God anointed Jesus with the Christ. (Acts 10:38) The power is Christ, the express image of God