What is the express image of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR, Christ exsisted a long time before Jesus did, it is an IT, a spirIT.

You are having a problem with the two natures of Jesus.
He was a MAN with Christ IN him.

Jesus is the Christ only because God put Christ IN him.

God anointed Jesus with the Christ. (Acts 10:38) The power is Christ, the express image of God

Friend, you are the one who has the problem with two natures, God and man. Who believes what you believe except you? Need I say more. What if you are wrong. Have you weighed the consequences.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

God anointed Jesus with the Christ. (Acts 10:38) The power is Christ, the express image of God
You are saying Christ means Holy Spirit, I believe. But Jesus Christ had the Holy Spirit.

Was Jesus born, the Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Some people believe they are the Christ or a Christ because they believe they have the Holy Spirit and have thereby been anointed by God.

Jesus did not become the Messiah when He was baptized and the Spirit of God lighted upon Him like a dove.

Jesus was born the Messiah, in fulfillment of prophecy.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus of Nazareth is the anointed one, the Messiah, the Christ.
He was the Messiah/Christ from the womb.
He was GOD the WORD, from eternity.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Mat 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Luk 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

The LORD Jesus Messiah did not become 'the Christ/Messiah' at His baptism, but was filled with the Spirit to begin His ministry to Israel.

keypurr

Jesus of Nazareth is the anointed one, the Messiah, the Christ.
He was the Messiah/Christ from the womb.
He was GOD the WORD, from eternity.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Mat 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Luk 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

The LORD Jesus Messiah did not become 'the Christ/Messiah' at His baptism, but was filled with the Spirit to begin His ministry to Israel.

You and BR are right I guess, but he did not receive that image spirit until the was Baptised. I should not assume but I must have here. Or the writers were talking in past tense as it was written years later. We know he did not have the wisdom as a child.

Acts 10:38 says he got his power at his baptism, so I will not argue when it would be safe to call him Christ as he was predestioned for it.

This should make BR smile a little.

keypurr

Some people believe they are the Christ or a Christ because they believe they have the Holy Spirit and have thereby been anointed by God.

Jesus did not become the Messiah when He was baptized and the Spirit of God lighted upon Him like a dove.

Jesus was born the Messiah, in fulfillment of prophecy.

Christ, Messiah means anointed of God=Baptism of the spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
However you wish to look at it, he got the power of Christ at his baptism. He was predestioned for that.

That is untrue. Look at the Scripture!!!! He was and is Christ.
He received the power of the Holy Spirit!!!
Luke 2:11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
True, but it goes deeper Totton. God created everything with this spirit. It was with him before the world was. This is the spirit that Jesus received at his baptism. That is when he got his powers. (Acts 10:38) So God did make an imageof himself, a form of God, a creation. The OP verses open up a lot to ponder over.

Peace

You admit then that Christ [being the Creator of all things visible and invisible] is God.

Christ was concieved in the virgin's womb by the Holy Spirit, His wisdom is shown in Luke to be miraculous before His baptism.

You don't ponder you disbelieve. The purpose you had in posting this thread is to deny that the Logos is God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You admit then that Christ [being the Creator of all things visible and invisible] is God.

Christ was concieved in the virgin's womb by the Holy Spirit, His wisdom is shown in Luke to be miraculous before His baptism.

You don't ponder you disbelieve. The purpose you had in posting this thread is to deny that the Logos is God.

No.

Jesus is the logos made flesh..

No flesh-no Jesus.

You believe the creator of all things was born through Mary and the creator of all things died.

You believe gobblegook.

but for all that you will not be saved or go to hell based on it as you think others will.

When you and others think that determines salvation then I know you do not know what is important to God. You only think you do.

LA

Read

Thankyou for introducing this thread Keypurr. I hope it leads us all into a better understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I hope to convince you that the phrase "the express image of his person" (KJV), is spoken of Jesus after his resurrection when he entered "into his glory" (Luke 24:26).

Now Keypurr you say: " the express image of God is a spirit that is a created God. This was God's first creation or firstborn. God used this spirit (Christ) to create the world and everything else."

You have therefore related Hebrews 1:3 to a preexistence of Christ.

However, in my opinion there is no intimation in Hebrews 1:1-3 that the author is referring to a time before "the birth of Jesus Christ" (Mt.1:18). In this view I am supported by Karl-Josef Kuschel on page 356 of his 1992 book "Born Before All Time?" where he states in Hebrews 1:1-3 that "the author is thinking primarily of the exalted Christ." Here are the three verses:

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Note that the phrase in verse 2 "in these last days" is undeniably a reference to a time "after his resurrection" (Mt.27:53) and that it is after the resurrection that he "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" and is now "upholding all things by the word of his power."

It was after his resurrection that Jesus was given "all power...in heaven and in earth" (Mt.28:18).

"The brightness of his glory and the express image of his person" (Heb.1:3) is likewise related to the time when Jesus "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."

Read

keypurr

I see the Christ spirit as a form of God for it is the express image of the Father.

Jesus had to grow in wisdom like all children he did not have it at birth.

No Totton, I ponder everything.

Example, what is logos?
logos can be defined in a few ways, what is the intent in John 1?

I envy folks who can just accept everything they are told. I can't do that. Sometimes I may question to much but that is my nature. I really am not a bad person Tot.

keypurr

Thankyou for introducing this thread Keypurr. I hope it leads us all into a better understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Your welcome friend, I started this topic for I find it amazing. It was many years of study before realized this.

I hope to convince you that the phrase "the express image of his person" (KJV), is spoken of Jesus after his resurrection when he entered "into his glory" (Luke 24:26).

I am open for your thoughts.

Now Keypurr you say: " the express image of God is a spirit that is a created God. This was God's first creation or firstborn. God used this spirit (Christ) to create the world and everything else."

You have therefore related Hebrews 1:3 to a preexistence of Christ.

You understand me.

However, in my opinion there is no intimation in Hebrews 1:1-3 that the author is referring to a time before "the birth of Jesus Christ" (Mt.1:18). In this view I am supported by Karl-Josef Kuschel on page 356 of his 1992 book "Born Before All Time?" where he states in Hebrews 1:1-3 that "the author is thinking primarily of the exalted Christ." Here are the three verses:

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Note that the phrase in verse 2 "in these last days" is undeniably a reference to a time "after his resurrection" (Mt.27:53) and that it is after the resurrection that he "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" and is now "upholding all things by the word of his power."

It was after his resurrection that Jesus was given "all power...in heaven and in earth" (Mt.28:18).

I disagree with that. For this express image of God was with God BEFORE the creation. So it is relating to the power God gave him then, not after he was raised.

I see Jesus and Christ as two beings. One is the human body of God's son, that is Jesus. The other is Christ, the spiritual son who God used to create the world. God put this Christ spirit in Jesus, that gave him power and wisdom to do his Father's fathers work. Jesus talks about the glory he had BEFORE the world was. But Jesus was only 33 years old so i was the Christ talking through him.

"The brightness of his glory and the express image of his person" (Heb.1:3) is likewise related to the time when Jesus "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."

Read

Amen, But he had that brightness before creation, ity was restored to him after he paid the price for our sins.

Peace friend, hope to hear more from you.

Wile E. Coyote

Friend, you are the one who has the problem with two natures, God and man. Who believes what you believe except you? Need I say more. What if you are wrong. Have you weighed the consequences.
Keypurr's doctrine is confusing. It appears as if he is saying that Christ is God in Jesus. I can make no sense of it.

keypurr

You are saying Christ means Holy Spirit, I believe. But Jesus Christ had the Holy Spirit.

Was Jesus born, the Christ?

My terms may not be correct but I call the express image of God the Christ spirit. God used this spirit to create everything. This, I believe, is not the Holy Spirit for is is the image of God not God himself. If the father can share his HS I would assume Christ could also. They would be identical spirits though, how would one tell which is which?

I think Jesus had much more that the spirit we share with God. We would not be trusted with the power he had been given. He is a form of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Keypurr believes that Christ is only a, "created being" and not God the Son!
He claims he's learned this, among other things over a period of many year's
study of the Scriptures! There's a fellow in California named Harold Camping(91 year's old) who spent many years on the radio teaching the Bible. He also spent the majority of his life studying the Bible and came to the "faulty" conclusion that Christ would be returning to earth on May 21, 2011; the rapture would occur and there would be a massive worldwide earthquake. He claimed
there was "no doubt" this would happen according to Scripture (as interpreted by Camping) May 21st came, and nothing happened, so Camping recalculated and decided that it would occur on, "October 21st." Of course, nothing happened then either.
Like Camping, "keypurr" stands by his many years of studying the Scriptures.
Keypurr claims Jesus is merely a "created being" and not, God the Son. I say that keypurr ought to study a bit longer so he can eventually come across the TRUTH!!

keypurr

Keypurr's doctrine is confusing. It appears as if he is saying that Christ is God in Jesus. I can make no sense of it.

What part do you not understand?

Jesus was a man. Yes? No?

God was IN Jesus. Yes? No?

God was IN Jesus by way of Christ. Yes? No?

Christ is a form of God. Yes? No?

Jesus died. Yes? No?