What is the express image of God?

keypurr

keypurr,

Have you seen this verse? Just came across it so sharing it:

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us [is] God,

Untellectual

Yes friend, I have. want to copare it with a few other translations:

(NET.) But it is God who establishes us together with you in Christ and who anointed us,

(NRSV) But it is God who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us,

(NIV) Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,

(NASB) Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God,

(GW) God establishes us, together with you, in a relationship with Christ. He has also anointed us.

(ISV) Now the one who makes us-and you as well-secure in union with Christ and has anointed us is God,

Sometimes a different translations lets you understand things better. I love e-sword for allowing me to do that. Its a great program.

keypurr

keypurr,
Way back when ('78-'80), I had a photography studio in Long Beach (CA), I called it "Imagery".

The words "express image" mean this (to me), A true image, not one that has had areas of the photo "dodged", "burned in", "cropped" or otherwise manipulated. The first prints are called "proofs" or "contact sheets" and taken directly from the negative (we used to use film in cameras). We laid the exposed and processed film directly on the paper and exposed it to light. It was a positive copy of the negative.

I think that's what was meant by "express image", I know it's not a biblical answer, but really I don't think it's explained in the bible. Maybe something in my words will stir a thought in you. I'm sure you will find what you seek.

An example on TOL would be all those people who add to and take away from the truth (yer on you own naming those), they present a false image of God not the "express image".

I understand you friend, but his image was given deity.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

That tells me that this is the true image of the father in all ways, a spirit with all his power.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Peace

keypurr

Gen. 1:26 And God, (Father Nature, Reality), said, Let us, (i.e., his Natural Laws, together, in pan-en-theistic expression of the Spirit of God: [Gen 1:2]), make man, (through the process of gradual evolution ending in the finished Adam i.e.; Jesus),... Let us ((i.e., his Natural Laws) make man, (as a reflection of Reality, in his mind, able, through Truth, to imminently reflect the "I am" of this existence: [John 14:6]), IN OUR IMAGE, (after the spirit of our orderly panentheistic organization): and let them, (men as the Dominant species on earth to this day), have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God is all there is, Reality itself...
thinkingimages.jpg

... the Holy Spirit is present inside our mind when our thinking images the TRUTH, or the picture of Reality inside our mind.

I believe we now know who the us/we/our is in Genesis.
God and his image (Christ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Friend these thoughts are new to me, I never have seen these words jump up at me before this year. They go against a lot of things that I had set in my mind. but sometime we have to see things as they are, not as we want them to be.

God seems to have created his express image, a god. YOu can find verses that say that there is only one God or God created the world, but then you see that he created things through his son, who seems to be a God. Then you also see terms like "most high God", that makes you wonder what that is telling you. If there is a "most high God" then there has to be lesser a God. Maybe a created God. Truth will not come to a closed mind that puts limits of what our great God can do friend.

Peace
I feel that there are false gods that are called gods but that really there is demons behind them. These are lower case 'g' gods.

Then there is God (upper case), whom I know to be the only true God, and as you mention (though you say this in a different way than I can here illustrate by giving you two references) the Most High (Numbers 24:16, Deuteronomy 32:8).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes friend, I have. want to copare it with a few other translations:

Sometimes a different translations lets you understand things better. I love e-sword for allowing me to do that. Its a great program.
Thank you for the translations. I was keying in on "in Christ" and "anointed".

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

What I am not sure about is how I should look at the concept of His pre-existence.

I know Jesus was born, and I believe He was born "the Christ".

I don't believe there could have been a Christ spirit that pre-existed that was given to Jesus at His baptism.

Paul says He was in the form of God, not as keypurr has cunningly changed to "a form" of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Totton, can you prove that the Bible is the word of God?

Did you have to learn something about it before you built your faith?

A line of reason must be crossed before a person can accept anything as truth. I crossed that line many years ago. I did not swallow every little thing that told me. I tested it and proved it to be reasonable sound before I took it as truth to build my faith. At 76 I am still open to what God is telling us in his words. I pray that you do not feel that you know it all so that you can not see more of God and his son.

This is just where you go 180 degrees wrong keypurr, and time is ticking.

I HAVE proved the bible is true by recieving the things spoken therein.

Faith came first, that is the work of the Holy Ghost....but you are at war against Him aren't you. I don't know it all, I know Jesus....if YOU knew Him you would know that He is God.

This is how we know you are in error.

unknown

I understand you friend, but his image was given deity.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

That tells me that this is the true image of the father in all ways, a spirit with all his power.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Peace
Sorry friend, but I'm not understanding what you are looking for.

I have always taken "express image of God" to mean Jesus and the spirit of God is in Him. There is (to my mind) only one spirit, wheather it be in God or in Jesus or anywhere else. If I am understanding you, you are saying this express image is an entity by itself, I have to disagree.

I didn't read the entire thread, do we have a working definition for spirit?

You are one of the few people on TOL I never want to offend. You have never offended me. Good luck with your studies.

dave3712

Posted by Untellectual
You are creating another God, another spirit, and to cause yourself to continue thinking of a Christ spirit, so that there is a difference between Jesus and Christ. That is how I am seeing what you are doing.

///

Friend these thoughts are new to me, I never have seen these words jump up at me before this year. They go against a lot of things that I had set in my mind. but sometime we have to see things as they are, not as we want them to be.

God seems to have created his express image, a god. YOu can find verses that say that there is only one God or God created the world, but then you see that he created things through his son, who seems to be a God. Then you also see terms like "most high God", that makes you wonder what that is telling you. If there is a "most high God" then there has to be lesser a God. Maybe a created God. Truth will not come to a closed mind that puts limits of what our great God can do friend.

Peace

The RCCmade the same mistake just before Protetants left in droves.

Thye fixed their minds to the teachings and tenets of the religius paradigm that had roseup duringthe Middle Ages, based on the almost universal Platonic thinking of those times.

Simply bythe overwhelming numbers of their followers they attempted to force the lies topbe swallowed and accepted regardless of the Truth which was arising everywhere.

They actually opposed the Christ, Truth.t
They loved the lie and comraderie of the congregations they attended.
They never actually recognized that the Christian is supposed to worship Truth.
Christinas are to struggle to find and define iTruth.

It is the same here, today.

The Bible separates the son-of-man, Jesus, physically coming and even drinking and eating, a wine bibber and drunkard from the Christ, a State of his mind, the spirit of God which is called the son-of-God.

Jesus, the mere man, is the messiah ben Joseph, the Suffering Messiah of Isaiah 53.
Christ, the Spirit indwelling the mind and spiritual quality is the son-of-God who came down from heaven at the baptism by John.

dave3712

Gen. 1:26 And God, (Father Nature, Reality), said, Let us, (i.e., his Natural Laws, together, in pan-en-theistic expression of the Spirit of God: [Gen 1:2]), make man, (through the process of gradual evolution ending in the finished Adam i.e.; Jesus),... Let us ((i.e., his Natural Laws) make man, (as a reflection of Reality, in his mind, able, through Truth, to imminently reflect the "I am" of this existence: [John 14:6]), IN OUR IMAGE, (after the spirit of our orderly panentheistic organization): and let them, (men as the Dominant species on earth to this day), have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God is all there is, Reality itself...

thinkingimages.jpg

... the Holy Spirit is present inside our mind when our thinking images the TRUTH, or the picture of Reality inside our mind.

I believe we now know who the us/we/our is in Genesis.
God and his image (Christ)

What I read in Gen 1:2 is that God has a spirit.
The Spirit of God moves across the "waters" of the creation in the essence of the Natural Laws by which the next frame of Reality comes into being.

It is this ever unfolding Reality which sires the Truth in its wake:

Rom. 1:20

For, from the creation of the (material Universe which we know as the) world, the invisible things of him, (in panentheistic expression, as the spirit of God behind all natural phenomenon), are clearly seen, (empirically, by the rational application of the methods of our science), being understood (pan-en-theistically, God, seen in his Natural Laws: similar to the way he is seen in Torah, ie Law), by (a progression of theories concerning) the things that are made, (and by our on-going observation of the natural laws appropriate to them), even his (pre-Big Bang presence as the Uncaused First Cause of all) eternal, (transcendent) power and Godhead (in Trinity: Theistic God, Panentheistic God, and Immanent [mentally] God); so that (even the atheists), they are without excuse:

dave3712

Philippians 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

This is the perfect verse o understand what happened at te transfiguration.

Phil 2:6-8, "...although (Jesus), EXISTED IN THE FORM OF GOD, (morphing into the image of almighty reality as the personified Truth), He did not regard (Truth as) equality with God, (i.e., The Almighty Reality), a thing to be grasped (in that, one is but the mental image of the other),...

.... but EMPTIED Himself, (in a Ritual of Kenosis that did portray the evacuating of noxious and defiling effects leaving an ascetic form of behavior accompanied with austerities), taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of MEN.
And being found in appearance as a man, He HUMBLED Himself by becoming obedient to the point of DEATH, even death on a cross.

keypurr

This is just where you go 180 degrees wrong keypurr, and time is ticking.

I HAVE proved the bible is true by recieving the things spoken therein.

Faith came first, that is the work of the Holy Ghost....but you are at war against Him aren't you. I don't know it all, I know Jesus....if YOU knew Him you would know that He is God.

This is how we know you are in error.

I know you have blind faith. You just accept what your church tlls you. So you really have faith in your church, not the word of God. This is why most folks in church do not even knoe wht they believe, they just know sitting in church is thr right thing to do. That is you Totton. If you really knew Jesus and who he is you would not judge folks like you do.

keypurr

Sorry friend, but I'm not understanding what you are looking for.

I have always taken "express image of God" to mean Jesus and the spirit of God is in Him. There is (to my mind) only one spirit, wheather it be in God or in Jesus or anywhere else. If I am understanding you, you are saying this express image is an entity by itself, I have to disagree.

I didn't read the entire thread, do we have a working definition for spirit?

You are one of the few people on TOL I never want to offend. You have never offended me. Good luck with your studies.

I see Christ as a copy of the Father. It was given the fullness of the Father, in other words, it is a God or form of God. God is a spirit so his image is a spirit. There is one true God, the Father, and one Lord, Christ.

Reading the entire thread is well worth you time friend. Its a theory that was given to me this spring. I believe it as truth.

keypurr

Phil 2:6-8, "...although (Jesus), EXISTED IN THE FORM OF GOD, (morphing into the image of almighty reality as the personified Truth), He did not regard (Truth as) equality with God, (i.e., The Almighty Reality), a thing to be grasped (in that, one is but the mental image of the other),...

.... but EMPTIED Himself, (in a Ritual of Kenosis that did portray the evacuating of noxious and defiling effects leaving an ascetic form of behavior accompanied with austerities), taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of MEN.
And being found in appearance as a man, He HUMBLED Himself by becoming obedient to the point of DEATH, even death on a cross.

:cheers:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

It is difficult for me to understand you.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

keypurr

It is difficult for me to understand you.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

That brings up a good point. Do we sometimes look for to much in scripture? Do we just see what we want to see? I confess that I am quilty of that in my past.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That brings up a good point. Do we sometimes look for to much in scripture? Do we just see what we want to see? I confess that I am quilty of that in my past.
It is good to have others to sharpen our understanding.

Reading the Bible and talking about it is profitable.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know you have blind faith. You just accept what your church tlls you. So you really have faith in your church, not the word of God. This is why most folks in church do not even knoe wht they believe, they just know sitting in church is thr right thing to do. That is you Totton. If you really knew Jesus and who he is you would not judge folks like you do.

I love it when you get mad and start with spellos and grammos,

You are ready to pick up stones to hurl at me just like your ancestors hurled stones at Christ "not for any good work stone we You but You being a man makest Yoursef God."

You are in the same camp as them.

I believe the apostles, if "my church" told me Christ was not God, I would show them that the apostles declared He was.

Your own words judge you that you do not belong to Christ's church...if you did you would be in agreement with it.

dave3712

1. God is a spirit, so his image would be a spirit.
2. This is God's firstborn of every creature, a creation.
3. This spirit has deity for it has the fullness of the father.
4. This spirit was with God before the creation, creation was done through this spirit.
5. This spirit is a form of God

I use the term Christ spirit to discribe this image.

What do YOU think it is?

2X

God is all there is, ie; Reality itself... the whole external existence beyond our mind is the almighty God to which all life must bow:

thinkingimages.jpg

...Truth inside our head, is the Holy Spirit, the image of God, is present inside our mind when our thinking correctly images the TRUTH, or the picture of Reality inside our mind.