toldaily topic: Should Sara Palin run for office in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
12/17/2010

To: kmoney

Kmoney, as a representative of myself, I would like to inform you that you are hearby being extended an invitation to come on a hunting and fishing expedition.

All of your questions will, at that time, be answered in full.

Please bring the hot chocolate and nightcrawlers.

Yours Truly,

Mr. VegasCowboy

:think: I will have to respectfully turn that invitation down.

So tell me now! :sibbie:

:chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
She's pro-life. I don't care about fetuses either way, but pro-life politicians tend to be VERY authoritarian on social issues that I *do* care about.

So why don't you just list those other social issues? :squint:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: I will have to respectfully turn that invitation down.

I'm not that scary!

So tell me now! :sibbie:

:chuckle:

In all honesty, nothing really. I am just thinking of a certain type person who hunts and fishes...I know and understand that type of person, and I respect them. I like their way of thinking. I like the way they see the world.

Not sure how to explain it, and I doubt I make any sense to anyone other than myself. :sigh: Oh well. :D

fool

Hall of Fame
http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/113905/sarah_palin_her_42k_trip

Interesting read. Funny how the affluent like going out, shooting animals, and pretending that they're roughing it.

And here we have a perfect example of how she just can't do anything right.
Why is it any concern how much she spent on her hunting trip? Was it public money? No? Then how is it anyones business?
Could she have shot a deer close to her house? Sure, does the fact that she went on a $42,000 dollar trip to get a Caribu mean that people in Alaska don't really hunt for sustinence? No?
I mean it's not like she was making a TV show or anything, oh wait, she was.
So she took the Caddilac hunting trip to the best spot and went first class (just happen to making a TV show by the way) and yes, right, that's not the experience that most Alaskans have but it is the experience that the tourist hunters would have if they gotta have a Caribu.
And it is the hunting experience that most hosts of TV shows have, especially when the TV show is about hunting that particular episode.

I bet she was wearing the very best outerwear that money can buy as well, do most Alaskans have that? No? She for sure had a badass rifle, better than most people could afford, does that make her a phony? If she had used a bow someone would complain it had a sight and if she had run alongside a stampede and inserted the arrows manually people would say that she should have tackled, hog tied, and smothered the damn thing with hugs and kisses.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why is it any concern how much she spent on her hunting trip? Was it public money? No? Then how is it anyones business?
Could she have shot a deer close to her house? Sure, does the fact that she went on a $42,000 dollar trip to get a Caribu mean that people in Alaska don't really hunt for sustinence? No?
So she took the Caddilac hunting trip to the best spot and went first class (just happen to making a TV show by the way) and yes, right, that's not the experience that most Alaskans have but it is the experience that the tourist hunters would have if they gotta have a Caribu.
And it is the hunting experience that most hosts of TV shows have, especially when the TV show is about hunting that particular episode.

I bet she was wearing the very best outerwear that money can buy as well, do most Alaskans have that? No? She for sure had a badass rifle, better than most people could afford, does that make her a phony? If she had used a bow someone would complain it had a sight and if she had run alongside a stampede and inserted the arrows manually people would say that she should have tackled, hog tied, and smothered the damn thing with hugs and kisses.

The fact that she's such a preening arrogant self-obsessed fool is one thing--we're a country full of those. That so many people are falling for this farce is what's really worrisome.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 16th, 2010 11:12 AM

toldailytopic: Should Sara Palin run for office in 2012?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
If she wants to :idunno:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:first: POD

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not that scary!

In all honesty, nothing really. I am just thinking of a certain type person who hunts and fishes...I know and understand that type of person, and I respect them. I like their way of thinking. I like the way they see the world.

Not sure how to explain it, and I doubt I make any sense to anyone other than myself. :sigh: Oh well. :D
I don't hunt or fish, but I understand.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

LOL I like it fool :)

I used to work with a liberal dude, he was pretty cool and funny actually, he used to pick on the hunters in our shop. He said if you want to hunt in an impressive manly way, you jump out of a tree onto your prey with a bowie knife. :)
I like Sarah Palin. I dont defend everything she is about. Tired of all the crying about her. People need a hobby or something.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't hunt or fish, but I understand.

Thank you!

(Now can you explain what I mean to me, please?) :chuckle:

It's like the scene in White Christmas where Bing and Danny honor General Waverly and the 151st Division.

I want to get the feelings I have when I watch that scene when I hear the future President of the United States speak.

Good, honest, decent, down-to-earth people are...well, good, honest, decent, down-to-earth people.

The salt of the earth, so to speak.

The ranchers and farmers and hunters and fisherman and steel workers and on and on and on.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Know who your friends are by the way your enemies talk about them (in this case Sarah Palin).

Not since Joseph McCarthy have the liberals eyes turned fire red (and they weren't even doped up), their mouths foam like a rabid dog, and their ears shoot out smoke at just the mention of Sarah Palin.

She MUST be doing something right to get that kind of physical reaction from liberals.

Sarah Palin 2012

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now that I have my tomato-proof suit on, I have an announcement:

I have started a new Social Group here on TOL. It is called Sarah Palin 2012.

It isn't only for those who would vote for her and no one else. It is a place for those who wish to (positively) discuss her views, her comments, her life, and her chances for the presidency.

It is for fans.

Please join if you wish.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Thank you!

(Now can you explain what I mean to me, please?) :chuckle:

It's like the scene in White Christmas where Bing and Danny honor General Waverly and the 151st Division.

I want to get the feelings I have when I watch that scene when I hear the future President of the United States speak.

Good, honest, decent, down-to-earth people are...well, good, honest, decent, down-to-earth people.

The salt of the earth, so to speak.

The ranchers and farmers and hunters and fisherman and steel workers and on and on and on.

In all seriousness, do you understand how potentially dangerous this kind of attitude is?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In all seriousness, do you understand how potentially dangerous this kind of attitude is?

In all seriousness it is far from dangerous, it is vital.

If, by dangerous, you mean that we would be in danger of keeping our liberty by voting for her, then yes, I suppose you could say it is dangerous.

THIS is the real danger...

(See? He's opening his mouth and talking...there is a danger that someone might listen...)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
yes she should run
so
her people can vote for her
and
that includes me

if that means we get Obama for four more years

you deserve it

Granite

Hall of Fame
In all seriousness it is far from dangerous, it is vital.

Vegas, with all due respect.

If your criteria for selecting a president involves whoever makes you feel better, you're asking for some extremely deep trouble. Any idiot or demagogue can tell people exactly what they want to hear. It takes a lot more courage to tell people the truth and hold the pablum.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Vegas, with all due respect.

If your criteria for selecting a president involves whoever makes you feel better, you're asking for some extremely deep trouble. Any idiot or demagogue can tell people exactly what they want to hear. It takes a lot more courage to tell people the truth and hold the pablum.

That is not my only criteria...that is simply the icing on the cake.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That is not my only criteria...that is simply the icing on the cake.

It's also superficial and pretty flaky. Especially for a smart guy like you. Whether or not a leader makes us warm and fuzzy is irrelevant, and when it's all they seem to be selling--as seems to be the case with your Alaskan crush--that doesn't bode well.

Status
Not open for further replies.