toldaily topic: Should Sara Palin run for office in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Have you read her Wiki?
No

[Going to Wiki]

[Scanning]

Some good things in her past so I will listen a little closer to her. But at this moment, no. She quit and for some reason, that really puts me off.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I read through her wiki and found a lot that I like. If she ran, I would vote for her.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'd rather this woman just go away. But she'll run, no doubt. Should she? Well, no. Unqualified buffoons should generally stay away from a job that involves thermonuclear weaponry.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you like her?

Many, many reasons. To me she represents everything that modern American politicians are not.

She is down to earth.

She is honest (yes, honest).

She is not afraid of hard work and she is not afraid to get her hands dirty. (How can dirt under a person's fingernails lead to good leadership of a nation...? I will explain it if you wish.)

She isn't afraid to speak of her beliefs in a moral life. I do not believe that she is as strong in some areas as she should be, but I believe that her heart is in the right place.

She is sincere.

She stands beside her children, despite their mistakes. She (and they) learn from them and move on.

She believes in the power of redemption.

She is energetic. She is a breath of fresh air in a stale, concrete, and political world.

She believes this statement by Thomas Jefferson:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

She is flawed. I do not want a president who thinks that he/she is perfect (like Comrad Obama does). I want one who recognizes his/her weaknesses and turns them into strengths. Sarah recognizes that she has weaknesses.

She is a mother.

She believes in the inherent sanctity of the unborn child.

She is smart...street smart.

She is a hunter.

She fishes.

She camps.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd rather this woman just go away. But she'll run, no doubt. Should she? Well, no. Unqualified buffoons should generally stay away from a job that involves thermonuclear weaponry.

It is precisely the things that qualify many politicians for office that makes me want to puke and run away.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is precisely the things that qualify many politicians for office that makes me want to puke and run away.

Oh, I see. Like finishing your term, traveling abroad, and learning a thing or two? There's something to be said for not being a vapid superficial unread narcissistic idiot who breaks your word to make a buck.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Street smart? :squint:

Hands dirty? And then quits.

What does hunting and fishing and camping have to do with being President?

:confused:

fool

Hall of Fame
No

[Going to Wiki]

[Scanning]

Some good things in her past so I will listen a little closer to her. But at this moment, no. She quit and for some reason, that really puts me off.

She resigned because the Libs were so terrified of her a witch hunt followed her back to Alaska. When has a canidate not been able to go back to their job before?

taikoo

As president she would do for the 'other' minority what 'bama is doing for
his minority group.

Convince the voters that we better stick with white males for president.

Morpheus

Street smart? :squint:

Hands dirty? And then quits.

What does hunting and fishing and camping have to do with being President?

:confused:
It's kinda like chopping wood on the ranch. It would give her something to do while her handlers really run the country.

Cracked

As president she would do for the 'other' minority what 'bama is doing for
his minority group.

Convince the voters that we better stick with white males for president.

Women are a minority? No wonder I can't find a girlfriend...

Perhaps you meant rednecks?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's something to be said for not being a vapid superficial unread narcissistic idiot who breaks your word to make a buck.

Wait...are you talking about Sarah, or every other politician who has been elected in the last 20 years? :confused:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Wait...are you talking about Sarah, or every other politician who has been elected in the last 20 years? :confused:

I'm very much talking about her, and you know it. For a smart guy you've been absolutely suckered.

And if you think this is true about Palin, why the hell are you supporting her?

Status
Not open for further replies.