toldaily topic: Should Sara Palin run for office in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She's against a federal ban on abortion. That usually doesn't sit too well with the Christian right.

I know...and that is one sticking point with me admittedly...but I believe in her greater good, and I do not believe that she believes in abortion in her heart of hearts.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She resigned because the Libs were so terrified of her a witch hunt followed her back to Alaska. When has a canidate not been able to go back to their job before?

Exactly. A job is a job. She didn't quit because she suddenly hated her fellow Alaskans. She had her reasons. And...she makes mistakes. She isn't God...go figure.

Squishes

I know...and that is one sticking point with me admittedly...but I believe in her greater good, and I do not believe that she believes in abortion in her heart of hearts.

Well, she is kind of pro-life. But she is also a federalist and would allow states themselves to decide what to do. This means that she would not sign a ban on abortion if it ever came across her desk.

And whatever reason you want to believe that she would do otherwise, I would suggest that you just really want to believe that she is ardently pro-life. The evidence suggests otherwise.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, she is kind of pro-life. But she is also a federalist and would allow states themselves to decide what to do. This means that she would not sign a ban on abortion if it ever came across her desk.

And whatever reason you want to believe that she would do otherwise, I would suggest that you just really want to believe that she is ardently pro-life. The evidence suggests otherwise.

And we can also convince ourselves that we will find, be able to get everyone to vote for, and elect a person who exemplifies our every wish, moral, and belief. It ain't gonna happen.

I believe in the goodness of Sarah. I do not believe that she is perfect. I believe that she is what so many are not. Obviously there are many who do not like what she represents, but I think she is what we need.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I do not think that is true of her. I was trying to mock you...sheesh! Can't you tell when you are being made fun of?

Usually, yes. Then again, perceptive people usually know when they're being used and lied to by some vindictive, petty hick who uses their children as props. Go figure.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On a related subject - how easy or difficult is it to immigrate to Canada?

1) How is that a related subject, and 2) why would anyone want to?

:idunno:

Still...they are often quite upstairs neighbors...I almost never hear them walking around.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Usually, yes. Then again, perceptive people usually know when they're being used and lied to by some vindictive, petty hick who uses their children as props. Go figure.

ppppfffffffffffffttttt! That's what I say.

Go Sarah.

:argue:

:D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is he still alive?
:think: Even if he isn't you'd have to give him the edge from the neck up. :D

And we can also convince ourselves that we will find, be able to get everyone to vote for, and elect a person who exemplifies our every wish, moral, and belief. It ain't gonna happen.
True enough.

I believe in the goodness of Sarah.
I don't know her, but she seems personable enough. When I was a kid there was this guy in town who would ride a three wheeled bicycle around wearing a large sheriff's badge, a red and white trimmed cowboy hat. Now and then he'd decide to direct traffic...sweet guy. Good heart. Wouldn't vote for him though.

I do not believe that she is perfect.
Who was making that argument? :chuckle: Well, good on you for shouting them down.

I believe that she is what so many are not.
Good point. How many former Governors of Alaska are out there?

Obviously there are many who do not like what she represents,
Let's not drag adult literacy programs in this late...:poly:

but I think she is what we need.
That's either the most subversively cynical statement I've ever read or the most astonishing. :eek:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: Even if he isn't you'd have to give him the edge from the neck up. :D

Hmmm...Christopher Pike it is then...

True enough.

Enough with your ambiguity. Enough is not as good as a feast. Mary Poppins was wrong.

I don't know her, but she seems personable enough. When I was a kid there was this guy in town who would ride a three wheeled bicycle around wearing a large sheriff's badge, a red and white trimmed cowboy hat. Now and then he'd decide to direct traffic...sweet guy. Good heart. Wouldn't vote for him though.

What do you have against cowboys, sir?

Who was making that argument? :chuckle: Well, good on you for shouting them down.

I could smell the argument on their breath. Not even Trident Layers could take away the stench.

Good point. How many former Governors of Alaska are out there?

Let's see....1) Yukon Cornelius 2)....er...I forget...

That's either the most subversively cynical statement I've ever read or the most astonishing. :eek:

I serve at the pleasure of the President of Astonishment.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
VC:

"If you've never shot a caribou, drilled for oil, or caught a salmon, then you have no business running for president."

Status
Not open for further replies.