toldaily topic: Should Sara Palin run for office in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

I believe Obama met his father for the last time at age 11.

Yes! He was really raised by his mother, grandmother and step-father. All this busyness about his father who really wasn't much of an influence in his life.
In any case, he stands before God, a grown up man responsible for himself, just like the rest of us.
I believe he is doing the best he can.
What seriously bothers me is, is there anyone out there who can do a better job?
Maybe Huckabee?

taikoo

I told you putting bones in turkey shaped tofu was going to backfire on you last year. And there you are.

You know, the usual...
picture.php
hanging around.

I have a live eight and a half foot Green Giant Arborvitae sitting in my parlor. I may snap a photo of it once the decorations are done. I'm still figuring out where on the acreage I mean to plant it the day after Christmas...and this is as late as I can recall decorating, but things have been hectic at the Heretic household.

Tonight continues our movie tradition (last night was A Christmas Carol) that will end with the traditional watching of The Little Drummer Boy and It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. :D

I have gotten used to the sight of this big dead animal on the table being cut up and eaten but honestly it still is kind of gross and barbaric to me.

Its not my favourite part of the holiday!!!

They always offer me a drumstick and I as ceremonially refuse it.

Where do you live that you can chop a hole in this wretched frozen ground and plant a tree ? I do miss the tropics where its so nice at this time of year.

taikoo

The S Palin thread seems to have ended with something about turkey recipes.

let no man disturb this rest.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Where do you live that you can chop a hole in this wretched frozen ground and plant a tree ? I do miss the tropics where its so nice at this time of year.

The only thing you're likely to find frozen in the Deep South is a libation. :cheers: We have had freezing temperatures of late for a day or two, but it bounced back to around 70 today and should be relatively warm tomorrow. It isn't unusual here to be in shorts at Christmas after having run into the wood cords the week prior. :D

taikoo

The only thing you're likely to find frozen in the Deep South is a libation. :cheers: We have had freezing temperatures of late for a day or two, but it bounced back to around 70 today and should be relatively warm tomorrow. It isn't unusual here to be in shorts at Christmas after having run into the wood cords the week prior. :D

We may be moving to Anchorage next summer. i should go back to HK for a while and store up some heat first.

What does "run into the wood cords' mean? is that like southern idiom stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.