These are NOT the same gospel

glorydaz

"waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."
In other words, our adoption as fellow heirs is not complete until our body is redeemed.
Nope, I don't see where we have to have our body to be fellow heirs.

Col. 1:
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Gal. 4:
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

glorydaz

Then what is this "other faiths" you are talking about that lead to eternal life?
This is what RD said....nothing about eternal life that I can see.

"There are many faiths in the Bible. It all depends on what God is telling them at the time. Noah had faith and it was not the same as Abraham's... etc. etc. all through history."

glorydaz

Of course--because it was the angel speaking of the words Peter would say. But those who heard Peter's account said:
Acts 11:18b (KJV) Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

But you're right that there's still a future aspect of it, just as there is Paul's. (That's because they're the same gospel!)
They aren't the same gospel.

Notice the Holy Ghost "fell on them"....baptized with the Holy Ghost....the gift of the Holy Ghost is not the same as being baptized BY THE SPIRIT into the body of Christ. Notice they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing there about the death, burial, and resurrection. Repentance UNTO LIFE is not a present salvation, but a future hope. Just as Peter explained in Acts 3.

Acts 11:
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

glorydaz

I'm not seeing how your quote in any way is different from what I wrote. The redemption of the body is the resurrection, and we groan for it to happen. We hope for it. We wait for it patiently.
I'm seeing this part, "the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

I know exactly how the whole creation travails in pain. The corruption of sin affects everything. I'm groaning because of the death and pain I see all around me. I'm eagerly waiting for God to overthrow wickedness more than I'm groaning for a spiritual body.

glorydaz

Yet Paul said Jesus told him this:
Acts 26:18 (KJV) To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
How can they be among them, yet not be in the same kingdom?
KINGDOM......Yeah, the disciples thought the kingdom might come very soon, and they pressed the Lord about it. Just as you press RD.

Acts 1:
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Paul, on the other hand, preached the body of Christ in his gospel of grace.

He knew the Kingdom of God was up in heaven. It's a spiritual kingdom as opposed to the one on earth you seem so infatuated with.

glorydaz

They both taught the gospel of eternal salvation was by means of the risen Lord.
They both taught that their circumcision of the flesh and the law of Moses was not the means of eternal salvation.
They both taught God was not through with promises to Israel.
Faith and works ---- faith alone
endure to the end -----saved before the end
could lose salvation------assurance of salvation

Not the same.

glorydaz

You are still saying His kingdom is earthly Israel. That it is going to come later. THAT WAS MY POINT!!!!! You are wrong.
Yeah, I have no idea where I could have come up with that idea.

I'm just as bad as these guys. Course the Lord didn't correct them and say He would not be restoring the kingdom to Israel (as prophesied).

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Teaching and preaching the Gospel aren't really the same thing.

To be honest, Tam, I'm not sure what you think anymore.
I think that Peter and Paul both taught salvation unto eternal life was by the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that both taught that Israel had a promise of a restored earthly kingdom.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is what RD said....nothing about eternal life that I can see.

"There are many faiths in the Bible. It all depends on what God is telling them at the time. Noah had faith and it was not the same as Abraham's... etc. etc. all through history."
There is only one type of faith that leads to eternal life.

musterion

"Type of faith" is a meaningless term apart from true and false faith, which really has to do with the gospel that's believed.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about the gospels? (the topic of this thread).
Before the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ no one knew of it's significance.
Afterwards, both Peter and Paul taught the same gospel for eternal life; that circumcision of the flesh or works of the law of Moses were not included to have eternal life.
It was a trusting belief in His death and resurrection that was taught for eternal life.
Neither of them taught opposing views on that.
And both taught that Israel still had a future restored kingdom coming.
Neither of them taught opposing views on that either.

Right Divider

Body part
Before the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ no one knew of it's significance.
Afterwards, both Peter and Paul taught the same gospel for eternal life; that circumcision of the flesh or works of the law of Moses were not included to have eternal life.
It was a trusting belief in His death and resurrection that was taught for eternal life.
Neither of them taught opposing views on that.
And both taught that Israel still had a future restored kingdom coming.
Neither of them taught opposing views on that either.
So "no comment" on the OP then? Got it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So "no comment" on the OP then? Got it.
I've been commenting throughout the whole thread!

The gospel of the earthly restoration of the kingdom of Israel.
Both taught it and neither of them taught opposing views on that.

The gospel of salvation unto eternal life was due to the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and not by works of the law.

Neither taught an opposing gospel of either.

Right Divider

Body part
I've been commenting throughout the whole thread!

The gospel of the earthly restoration of the kingdom of Israel.

The gospel of salvation unto eternal life was due to the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and not by works of the law.

Neither taught an opposing gospel of either.
None of which related to the OP.

Right Divider

Body part
Two gospels for different things.
Earthly kingdom.​
Eternal life.​
Both were taught by both.
Peter never preached the gospel of the grace of God (at least as far as the scripture records it).
Peter disappears from Acts after chapter 15.

Peter said that some of what Paul preached as "hard to be understood".

Peter was given the gospel of the circumcision, Paul was given the gospel of the uncircumcision.

When Peter, in Act 15, refers to his actions in Acts 10, what was "the word of the gospel" that he gave to Cornelius? (hint: it's not the gospel of the grace of God).

Acts 10:34-35 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:34) ¶ Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: (10:35) But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Is this how we are "accepted" into the body of Christ? Must we fear God and worketh righteousness?
Titus 3:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Doesn't Peter contradict Paul? One says that God accepts those that worketh righteousness and the other says that it's NOT by works of righteousness, but by His mercy.
Acts 10:38-43 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:38) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (10:39) And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: (10:40) Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; (10:41) Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, [even] to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. (10:42) And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God [to be] the Judge of quick and dead. (10:43) To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Do you notice anything missing there? Where is "glorying in the cross"? Where is "Christ died for ALL of your sins"?

Paul did not receive and teach a gospel that differed or opposed.
Paul's gospel differed but did not oppose any other gospel.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Paul's gospel differed but did not oppose any other gospel.
Galatians 1:6 " I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

If what the Galatians were "removed" to was not another Gospel, then it couldn't have been the Gospel of the Kingdom that Paul's talking about in Galatians.

That is, it must have been something else.