These are NOT the same gospel

Arial

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumsised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised. ESV

Instead they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as He had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews. NLT

On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted to preach the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised
. BSB

But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised' NASB

etc., etc., etc.

Right Divider

Body part
That's how we know we are accepted. And yes, we must fear God and work righteousness, as Paul affirmed—it’s what our Lord wants, so we, if we walk in His spirit, will want that, too.
You have it completely backwards. We are NOT accepted because we "worketh righteousness". We have no works righteousness.... Christ is our righteousness.

P.S. I noticed that you claim Paul affirmed it, but you left out any scriptural support.

glorydaz

On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumsised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised. ESV

Instead they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as He had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews. NLT

On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted to preach the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised
. BSB

But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised' NASB

etc., etc., etc.
I love all this translation searching. Keep looking until you find something you think might be saying something isn't.

glorydaz

Really hilarious. But did you get the message?
Oh boy. A trick question. A hidden message. A deep thought.

I love those. We have the gospel of the circumcision or the gospel to the circumcision.

We also have the gospel of the uncircumcision or the gospel to the uncircumscision.

Think hard everyone. Did we see how it suddenly means something else?

Derf

You have it completely backwards. We are NOT accepted because we "worketh righteousness". We have no works righteousness.... Christ is our righteousness.

P.S. I noticed that you claim Paul affirmed it, but you left out any scriptural support.
Maybe you read it backwards. I never said it’s “because”, but rather “because of” that we work righteousness.

Here’s Paul’s take on it:
2 Corinthians 5:11 (CSB)
Therefore, since we know the fear of the Lord, we try to persuade people. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your consciences.

2 Corinthians 7:1 (CSB)
So then, dear friends, since we have these promises, let us cleanse ourselves from every impurity of the flesh and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:21 (CSB)
submitting to one another in the fear of Christ.

Philippians 2:12 (CSB)
Therefore, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, so now, not only in my presence but even more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Derf

Oh boy. A trick question. A hidden message. A deep thought.

I love those. We have the gospel of the circumcision or the gospel to the circumcision.

We also have the gospel of the uncircumcision or the gospel to the uncircumscision.

Think hard everyone. Did we see how it suddenly means something else?
You do realize that the word “gospel” is only present in the sentence once?

Galatians 2:7 (CSB) On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter was for the circumcised,

Thus, with this being one of the more often quoted verses in this type of discussion, it seems important to understand what that implies. You can see above that if the word appears only once, then Paul is telling us exactly how many gospels are under discussion, one, but directed at two groups of people.

Of course, Paul wouldn’t let it go there, but clarifies in the very next verse, which explains in a similar way (using a single instance of a word in a plurality of intentions) about how both Peter and Paul were “sent” to the different people groups...but with the same message.
Galatians 2:8 (CSB) since the one at work in Peter for an apostleship to the circumcised was also at work in me for the Gentiles.

glorydaz

Galatians 2:7 (CSB) On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter was for the circumcised,

Thus, with this being one of the more often quoted verses in this type of discussion, it seems important to understand what that implies. You can see above that if the word appears only once, then Paul is telling us exactly how many gospels are under discussion, one, but directed at two groups of people.

Of course, Paul wouldn’t let it go there, but clarifies in the very next verse, which explains in a similar way (using a single instance of a word in a plurality of intentions) about how both Peter and Paul were “sent” to the different people groups...but with the same message.
Galatians 2:8 (CSB) since the one at work in Peter for an apostleship to the circumcised was also at work in me for the Gentiles.
You people need to get yourselves a Bible that doesn't pervert the word of God.

Galatians 2:7
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Derf

You people need to get yourselves a Bible that doesn't pervert the word of God.

Galatians 2:7
Us people?

Here’s the Greek, in 4 different versions:
Galatians 2:7 (TR) ἀλλὰ τοὐναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς

Galatians 2:7 (MGNT) ἀλλὰ τοὐναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς

Galatians 2:7 (WH) αλλα τουναντιον ιδοντες οτι πεπιστευμαι το ευαγγελιον της ακροβυστιας καθως πετρος της περιτομης

Galatians 2:7 (BYZ) ἀλλὰ τοὐναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς·

The word translated “gospel” is “εὐαγγέλιον”, emboldened above. You’re welcome to search for a second instance in any of them. If you can’t find it, it makes me wonder who is perverting what.

glorydaz

Maybe you read it backwards. I never said it’s “because”, but rather “because of” that we work righteousness.

Philippians 2:12 (CSB)
Therefore, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, so now, not only in my presence but even more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Maybe instead of using some off the wall translation, you should first stop reading into verses things that are not there.

Paul is talking about letting God's work in you come out where others can see it. As long as you think anything we do contributes to our salvation, you will continue to make these same errors.

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Phil. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

glorydaz

Us people?

Here’s the Greek, in 4 different versions:
Galatians 2:7 (TR) ἀλλὰ τοὐναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς

Galatians 2:7 (MGNT) ἀλλὰ τοὐναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς

Galatians 2:7 (WH) αλλα τουναντιον ιδοντες οτι πεπιστευμαι το ευαγγελιον της ακροβυστιας καθως πετρος της περιτομης

Galatians 2:7 (BYZ) ἀλλὰ τοὐναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς·

The word translated “gospel” is “εὐαγγέλιον”, emboldened above. You’re welcome to search for a second instance in any of them. If you can’t find it, it makes me wonder who is perverting what.
Are you a Greek scholar? No, I didn't think so. You're hoping to change the meaning of the verse when it is very clear the subject is the gospel.

Galatians 2:7 Greek Study Bible (Apostolic / Interlinear)
ἀλλὰ τουναντίον ἰδόντες ὅτι πεπίστευμαι τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς ἀκροβυστίας καθὼς Πέτρος τῆς περιτομῆς.
KJV with Strong's
But contrariwise when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter
Galatians 2:7 Hebrew Bible
ותהי להפך בראותם כי הפקדה לי הבשורה אל הערלים כמו שהפקד כיפא אל המולים׃
Galatians 2:7 Aramaic NT: Peshitta
ܐܠܐ ܐܚܪܢܝܐܝܬ ܚܙܘ ܓܝܪ ܕܐܬܗܝܡܢܬ ܤܒܪܬܐ ܕܥܘܪܠܘܬܐ ܐܝܟ ܕܐܬܗܝܡܢ ܟܐܦܐ ܒܓܙܘܪܬܐ ܀​

Derf

No, as opposed to "this Bible says this ,and this other one says that. and we have no real truth because all these darn Bibles contradict each other.
Compared to
Maybe instead of using some off the wall translation, you should first stop reading into verses things that are not there.

I, nor @Arial, haven’t said the translations are contradicting, but it seems you are saying so.

Yet your own citation, your choice of translation, agrees with me:
Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

glorydaz

Your comment in red has destroyed whatever point you were trying to make.

Trying to slip through the back door is not an exactly an honest way to discuss scripture.

glorydaz

Compared to

I, nor @Arial, haven’t said the translations are contradicting, but it seems you are saying so.

Yet your own citation, your choice of translation, agrees with me:
You skipped the verse below it. You refused to even acknowledge it.
Which shows you will stop at almost nothing to prove some point that is wrong.
Whether you have to use another translation or ignore the verse that explains what you post.

Try the front door. It always works so much better.

I know, if the gospels are the same, then show me where any of the apostles preached the body of Christ is a new creature.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.