These are NOT the same gospel

Right Divider

Body part
Galatians 1:6 " I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

If what the Galatians were "removed" to was not another Gospel, then it couldn't have been the Gospel of the Kingdom that Paul's talking about in Galatians.

That is, it must have been something else.
That passage is specifically about a target audience. https://theologyonline.com/threads/another-gospel-in-galatians-1.52439/

glorydaz

I think that Peter and Paul both taught salvation unto eternal life was by the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that both taught that Israel had a promise of a restored earthly kingdom.
We can quibble about what they taught with such blanket claims, but I'll stick to what I see written in Scripture.

Which is why I preach Paul's Gospel to the unsaved.

glorydaz

What about the gospels? (the topic of this thread).
Which I find very odd.

Why this need to try and make the Gospel of Grace just a common thing, as if it's been in effect from the beginning of time?
Why this desire to mesh it in with the Gospel of the Kingdom here on earth?

Seems quite clear to me, and Paul does, too.

Galatians 2:7
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
If Paul was "Preaching the kingdom of God" (Acts28:31) and had " fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God" (Col4:11) then how many Gospels of the Kingdom of God were there?

glorydaz

I've been commenting throughout the whole thread!

The gospel of the earthly restoration of the kingdom of Israel.
Both taught it and neither of them taught opposing views on that.

I'm wondering where Paul taught the restoration of the earthly kingdom of Israel. Certainly it wasn't his focus.

Paul taught about the Kingdom of God in heavenly places.
The gospel of salvation unto eternal life was due to the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and not by works of the law.
Both taught it and neither of them taught opposing views on that.

Neither taught an opposing gospel of either.
You make all these statements without any backup whatsoever.

Let's just assume you know there are works other than the works of the law.
Were they teaching repent and be baptized?
Maybe show where Peter says what one must do to be saved.
Were they preaching the same salvation? Really?

Could you address this, for instance.

Acts 3:19-21
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

glorydaz

If Paul was "Preaching the kingdom of God" (Acts28:31) and had " fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God" (Col4:11) then how many Gospels of the Kingdom of God were there?
One heavenly kingdom, which will be the dwelling place of the church of God.

Col. 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

When Paul refers to his fellow workers, he is talking about other members of the church of God. There is a heavenly kingdom, and an earthly kingdom. Paul's destination would be the heavenly kingdom (where Christ will also rule and reign).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We can quibble about what they taught with such blanket claims, but I'll stick to what I see written in Scripture.

Which is why I preach Paul's Gospel to the unsaved.
I stick to what I read in scripture also.
Which is why I know both taught both gospels.

Right Divider

Body part
I stick to what I read in scripture also.
Which is why I know both taught both gospels.
Paul never taught the "kingdom at hand".

Paul was called because the kingdom was postponed and something else was being introduced. Something that God had kept hidden in Himself.
Eph 3:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul never preached the gospel of the kingdom to anyone (i.e., the kingdom at hand).

Paul's very mission was due to the kingdom postponed.

There was no postponement for an earthly kingdom, it was not yet time for it.
We know Christ did not plan for the promised earthly kingdom to happen during His life in flesh or it would have happened.
Plus He flat out said His kingdom was not from this world.
We know His death was planned to happen during His life in flesh and it did happen because it was the time for it.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Both? I thought you said there was only one.
Do ya'll even read what I say????
I have differentiated the gospel for the earthly kingdom and the gospel for eternal life all through this thread.
I even color-coded them with two different colors in a post to differentiate them.
And I have said Peter and Paul preached both of them.

glorydaz

Hindsight is the best, isn't it?

We know Christ did not plan for the promised earthly kingdom to happen during His life in flesh or it would have happened.

John 12:14-16 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

He said a lot of things about His kingdom. Including it was "at hand".

Right Divider

Body part
Why not? Peter told Israel (on that day of Pentecost) that if they would repent, Christ would return.
Acts 3:19-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:19) ¶ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Nobody made that claim.
Don't try to go that route. That's what the "it's just a spiritual kingdom" people do and it's wrong.
We know His death was planned to happen during His life in flesh and it did happen because it was the time for it.
Peter and the eleven were told to expect His soon return.
Matt 10:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:23) But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

glorydaz

Do ya'll even read what I say????
I have differentiated the gospel for the earthly kingdom and the gospel for eternal life all through this thread.
I even color-coded them with two different colors in a post to differentiate them.
And I have said Peter and Paul preached both of them.
What you haven't shown is both of them preaching both gospels.
That's what I'm waiting for.