THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now I understand why you and your fellow travelers deny Paul wrote Hebrews because if he did your little doctrinal house of cards comes tumbling down.

Look it up for yourself, don't take MAD's word for it. I think Paul wrote parts of Hebrews but MANY authors are listed. Look it up

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These scriptures are written for you

You have departed the faith, you have not held fast your confidence [in the cross] to the end

...and you is bitter

No ,

I am sad that many do not heed the warnings in scripture as if they will not need them.

You have too much confidence in yourself.

It will be broken in due course.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Now I understand why you and your fellow travelers deny Paul wrote Hebrews because if he did your little doctrinal house of cards comes tumbling down.
Why would I say that Paul wrote Hebrews when the evidence points to the contrary? I am fully persuaded that Paul didn't write Hebrews for the aforementioned reasons that brother steko mentioned and others too. Much of what was said in Hebrews does not line up with that which Paul preached in Romans through Philemon. One example I already showed in response to TL's comment and here's another example. The writer of Hebrews (written to Hebrews) writes:

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

While Paul writes that those of us who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise until the redemption of the purchased possession!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

It's not hard to see that we have eternal security while the Hebrews don't!

musterion

Why would I say that Paul wrote Hebrews when the evidence points to the contrary? I am fully persuaded that Paul didn't write Hebrews for the aforementioned reasons that brother steko mentioned and others too. Much of what was said in Hebrews does not line up with that which Paul preached in Romans through Philemon. One example I already showed in response to TL's comment and here's another example. The writer of Hebrews (written to Hebrews) writes:

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

While Paul writes that those of us who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise until the redemption of the purchased possession!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

It's not hard to see that we have eternal security while the Hebrews don't!

Now you've made him mad. Workers and grace deniers NEED Hebrews, mostly for ch. 6.

achduke

LA, you really need to focus on the writings of Paul. (Romans through Philemon)

I do not understand why you think only part of the bible applies to certain groups.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Are you a Roman?

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you a Corinthian?

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Are you a Galatian?

Galatians 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

Are you a Ephesian?

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Are you a Philippian?

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: 2Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you a Colossian?

Colossians 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you a Thessalonian?

1 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Is your name Timothy?
1 Timothy 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Is your name Titus?

Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Is your name Philemon, Apphia or Archippus?

Philemon 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, 2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house:

achduke

You do not believe Leviticus is for your direct obedience, for example.

Much of Leviticus cannot be applied without a physical temple. I believe we are all Israel grafted onto the root.

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do not understand why you think only part of the bible applies to certain groups.

Are you a Roman?

Are you a Corinthian?

Are you a Galatian?

Are you a Ephesian?

Are you a Philippian?

Are you a Colossian?

Are you a Thessalonian?

Is your name Timothy?

Is your name Titus?

Is your name Philemon, Apphia or Archippus?

Your problem is, you don't know how to rightly divide the written word
of God. (The Bible) For instance, Matthew through John is pertaining
to and written to the House of Israel. It's not pertaining to/written to
the gentiles and the Body of Christ. If one doesn't know who is being
spoken to, they'll get confused and see contradictions that aren't there.

James says: "faith without works is dead." James was speaking to the
scattered sheep of Israel. Paul, speaking to the gentiles, tells them
faith alone is necessary without works. Sounds like a contradiction,
right? But, it's not. James was speaking to the House of Israel whereas,
Paul is speaking (His Gospel) to the gentiles.

There were two distinct Gospels being taught back then. The Kingdom
Gospel to the House of Israel and the Grace Gospel to the gentiles.

achduke

Your problem is, you don't know how to rightly divide the written word
of God. (The Bible) For instance, Matthew through John is pertaining
to and written to the House of Israel. It's not pertaining to/written to
the gentiles and the Body of Christ.

Do you think the New Covenant was made with the Gentiles or Israel?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If one desires to look at it as covenants, Israel in the Old Testament had to
shed the blood of animals. When Christ died and shed His blood, that was
their new covenant. The covenant with the gentiles was an original covenant
because they didn't have a covenant with God before the New Testament.

I prefer to look at it with regards to two different Gospels being preached.

achduke

If one desires to look at it as covenants, Israel in the Old Testament had to
shed the blood of animals. When Christ died and shed His blood, that was
their new covenant. The covenant with the gentiles was an original covenant
because they didn't have a covenant with God before the New Testament.

I prefer to look at it with regards to two different Gospels being preached.

Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

The shedding of blood was for atonement.

Where is the separate covenant with the gentiles?

fzappa13

Look it up for yourself, don't take MAD's word for it. I think Paul wrote parts of Hebrews but MANY authors are listed. Look it up

PJ, I'm staring 60 in the eye and I've been at this since my thirties. Believe me, I have "looked it up for myself." This Christianity Lite (all the reward and none of the suffering) known as Dispensationalism is a relatively recent arrival upon the scene as it concerns Christian doctrine and it has undergone numerous changes during its brief existence. By way of illustration, here is part of the introduction to the Companion Bible (King James) with notes by E.W. Bullinger, a preeminent Dispensationalist of his day. Page 2 contains his preface to Hebrews and almost all of it has to do with the authorship of the book.

http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/NT/Hebrews.pdf

If you took the time to read it you'll note his extensive arguments for Paul being the author. He shared the majority opinion of his day and the days prior. This is one of many illustrations of how Dispensationalism as it is known today has mutated over the years to the point that it's early adherents would now be seen as heretics.

If you want to continue to see the Bible through the lens of Dispensationalism, fine. Just take the time to study it's advent and development so that you can offer an explanation for your belief through your study rather than ignore, mock and obfuscate as others in this thread do when asked to explain why they hold their beliefs.

Last edited: