THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

heir

TOL Subscriber

2 Timothy 3:16 says "for" not "to".

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I'll show you the difference.

Both of these two verses mean what they say, as they say it and to whom they say it and are FOR you, but they aren't both written TO you as they say two entirely different things!

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

So which one is written TO you?

achduke

2 Timothy 3:16 says "for" not "to".

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I'll show you the difference.

Both of these two verses mean what they say, as they say it and to whom they say it and are FOR you, but they aren't both written TO you as they say two entirely different things!

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

So which one is written TO you?

They both apply. Acts 10:35 is after being saved. Titus 3:5 is how we are saved. You cannot work righteousness by yourself but only by God. We are not saved by Works. Works are the fruit after we are saved.

Right Divider

Body part
What do you mean? That is a quote of 2 Timothy 3:16.
What I mean is that this scripture (2 Tim 3:16) is completely true and YET it does NOT says that ALL scripture is for our obedience.

You cannot obey every command in scripture as they are not all for you and some commands God later changed making it impossible to obey every command.

heir

TOL Subscriber
They both apply. Acts 10:35 is after being saved. Titus 3:5 is how we are saved. You cannot work righteousness by yourself but only by God. We are not saved by Works. Works are the fruit after we are saved.
Nope! Acts 10:35 KJV says that one who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted of Him while Titus 3:5 KJV says the opposite! How do you know which one is to you?

achduke

What I mean is that this scripture (2 Tim 3:16) is completely true and YET it does NOT says that ALL scripture is for our obedience.

You cannot obey every command in scripture as they are not all for you and some commands God later changed making it impossible to obey every command.

Correct. Not all commands are for me. I am not a woman so not all commands that are for a woman would be for me. I am not a Levite priest so all those instructions do not apply. There is no physical temple so we can not follow God's appointments. We are to be in the Spirit and be led by the spirit of God.

Right Divider

Body part
That's not what is says. You're just "fixing it" to mean what you want it to mean.

Right Divider

Body part
Correct. Not all commands are for me. I am not a woman so not all commands that are for a woman would be for me. I am not a Levite priest so all those instructions do not apply. There is no physical temple so we can not follow God's appointments. We are to be in the Spirit and be led by the spirit of God.
How do you tell which command are for you and which are not?

achduke

Nope! Acts 10:35 KJV says that one who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted of Him while Titus 3:5 KJV says the opposite! How do you know which one is to you?

There a difference from the righteousness from God and our own righteousness. One is in Spirit the other is our own self.

This is about being saved. Works do not save.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There a difference from the righteousness from God and our own righteousness. One is in Spirit the other is our own self.
That I never pass up the opportunity to testify the gospel of the grace of God, I must say: I've got news for you! You don't have any righteousness Romans 3:10 KJV, but you can have His (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) when you believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

As to the topic, it's clear to me that instead of answering the questions posed you will simply change the subject. There are many things in the Bible that are different and said to different people. Not knowing where you fit in and not knowing whose news is your good news will lead you to nothing, but confusion and spiritualizing passages away as you attempted above. You must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. If you don't you will likely miss out on the gospel, doctrine, duty, destination and reward to the church of which the saved are today and that is the Body of Christ.

Last edited:

achduke

That I never pass up the opportunity to testify the gospel of the grace of God, I must say: I've got news for you! You don't have any righteousness Romans 3:10 KJV, but you can have His (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) when you believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

As to the topic, it's clear to me that instead of answering the questions posed you will simply change the subject. There are many things in the Bible that are different and said to different people. Not knowing where you fit in and not knowing whose news is your good news will lead you to nothing, but confusion and spiritualizing passages away as you attempted above. You must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. If you don't you will likely miss out on the gospel, doctrine, duty, destination and reward to the church of which the saved are today and that is the Body of Christ.
Never said I am righteous. Any righteousness any may have is from God. Not from themself.

Read post 122 for my answer.