THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

achduke

Our approach uses the same principle.
Some things in the Bible aren't meant for my direct obedience.
Even a Jew who desires to follow the law completely today cannot without a physical temple. Not because they believe the law does not apply to them but because the instructions regarding many laws need the physical temple.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
PJ, I'm staring 60 in the eye and I've been at this since my thirties. Believe me, I have "looked it up for myself." This Christianity Lite (all the reward and none of the suffering) known as Dispensationalism is a relatively recent arrival upon the scene as it concerns Christian doctrine and it has undergone numerous changes during its brief existence. By way of illustration, here is part of the introduction to the Companion Bible (King James) with notes by E.W. Bullinger, a preeminent Dispensationalist of his day. Page 2 contains his preface to Hebrews and almost all of it has to do with the authorship of the book.

http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/NT/Hebrews.pdf

If you took the time to read it you'll note his extensive arguments for Paul being the author. He shared the majority opinion of his day and the days prior. This is one of many illustrations of how Dispensationalism as it is known today has mutated over the years to the point that it's early adherents would now be seen as heretics.

If you want to continue to see the Bible through the lens of Dispensationalism, fine. Just take the time to study it's advent and development so that you can offer an explanation for your belief through your study rather than ignore, mock and obfuscate as others in this thread do when asked to explain why they hold their beliefs.

So, you know it all, huh? You're so self important. Give yourself
a break and stop patting yourself on the back, you'll start getting
bruises.

achduke

I suggest you start reading/studying the writings of Paul. Romans
through Philemon. You seem to have some real hang-ups. You're
confused and nervous.
I have read all that you mention along with the rest of the bible. We just comprehend differently. No hang ups that you are taking about.

musterion

If you took the time to read it you'll note his extensive arguments for Paul being the author. He shared the majority opinion of his day and the days prior. This is one of many illustrations of how Dispensationalism as it is known today has mutated over the years to the point that it's early adherents would now be seen as heretics.

Disagreeing over who wrote Hebrews leads to accusations of heresy? Really? I know of one who suspects Priscilla may be the author...haven't heard any namecalling over it.

Overstate things much?

achduke

When you "just read the bible" do you believe it is all written to you?

Native Israel believers and Gentile believers are grafted onto the root that is Christ. The Bible covers many different many aspects of God, Christ and relationships with God and Christ, Salvation, Mankind, Israel, Gentiles and many other things. I do not believe the bible was only written for me.

fzappa13

Disagreeing over who wrote Hebrews leads to accusations of heresy? Really? I know of one who suspects Priscilla may be the author...haven't heard any namecalling over it.

Overstate things much?

Evidently you haven't met Sozo yet :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Native Israel believers and Gentile believers are grafted onto the root that is Christ. The Bible covers many different many aspects of God, Christ and relationships with God and Christ, Salvation, Mankind, Israel, Gentiles and many other things. I do not believe the bible was only written for me.
That wasn't the question that she asked.

heir

TOL Subscriber
RD is right! I asked you, "When you "just read the bible" do you believe it is all written to you?"

Why can't you just answer with a yes or no?