THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

achduke

Where did Moses get his law?
Exodus 20:1 And God spoke all these words, saying:

God spoke the instructions to Israel before Moses went up onto the mountain but Israel was afraid to hear directly from God.

Exodus 20:19 Then they said to Moses, "You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die."

heir

TOL Subscriber
We are to be in the Spirit and be led by the spirit of God.
The Spirit of God would lead you to what Paul says as to you,

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

1 Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

2 Timothy 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

to hold fast the form of sound words that you have heard of him,

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

to consider what he says,

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

as he filled up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His (Christ's) body's sake

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

1 Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

2 Timothy 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

as he filled up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His (Christ's) body's sake

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Amen.

achduke

I have no problem with the scriptures you have posted nor with anything Paul has written about.

musterion

Which law are we dead to? The Law of sin and death!

If we are in the Spirit and listen to God's Spirit then we are free from the Law of Sin and Death. If we are not in the Spirit then we are in the flesh and are slaves to sin.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

You didn't answer the question.

Paul said he died to the Law...he did not say (as you imagine) "I died to the Law of sin and death," he said he died to the Law. Christ Himself is now the believer's only Law - He Himself is now Life Itself.

Christ is not the 10 commandments or Mosaic dietary rules or holy days. That was the schoolmaster for Jews who had not believed on Christ. Outside of the convictions of their own consciences, Gentiles never even HAD any such Law.

So once more. Why would the Holy Spirit lead a member of Christ back into Law, the schoolmaster who cannot save or justify, and to which that believer is now dead?

achduke

You didn't answer the question.

Paul said he died to the Law...he did not say (as you imagine) "I died to the Law of sin and death," he said he died to the Law. Christ Himself is now the believer's only Law - He Himself is now Life Itself.

Christ is not the 10 commandments or Mosaic dietary rules or holy days. That was the schoolmaster for Jews who had not believed on Christ. Outside of the convictions of their own consciences, Gentiles never even HAD any such Law.

So once more. Why would the Holy Spirit lead a member of Christ back into Law, the schoolmaster who cannot save or justify, and to which that believer is now dead?
Do you think that we should sin now? We are only not under the law if we are led by the Spirit.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

What does it look like if we are not in the spirit and instead ruled by flesh?

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness,

Galatians 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
These are all sins defined under the law.

When Paul died to the law it was because he had the Spirit to lead him. When you are in the Spirit and listen to the Spirit you are not under the law because the Spirit leads you. If you are not in the Spirit you are in the flesh which leads to death.

This is also the promise made in Jeremiah 31:33 and Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

in Romans 7:25 Paul mentions two laws. Which law do you think we are not under? The Law of God or the Law of Sin? Paul says in his mind he serves the law of God.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Last edited:

musterion

Do you think that we should sin now? We are only not under the law if we are led by the Spirit.

What does it look like if we are not in the spirit and instead ruled by flesh?

These are all sins defined under the law.

When Paul died to the law it was because he had the Spirit to lead him. When you are in the Spirit and listen to the Spirit you are not under the law because the Spirit leads you. If you are not in the Spirit you are in the flesh which leads to death.

This is also the promise made in Jeremiah 31:33 and Ezekiel 36:26-27

in Romans 7:25 Paul mentions two laws. Which law do you think we are not under? The Law of God or the Law of Sin? Paul says in his mind he serves the law of God.

You haven't answered the question.

Why would the Holy Spirit lead a member of Christ's life back under Law that can only minister death?

achduke

The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to write that a member of the Body of Christ is dead to the Law and alive to God without Law. He also inspired Paul that the Law was only the schoolmaster intended to show one his/her need for Christ.

Why, then, would He lead anyone back to the schoolmaster to which he/she died in Christ?

You need to be more specific then. Please use scripture as an example of what you are talking about. Which law is the Body of Christ dead to? Paul specify's many different laws.

The Law of God?
Romans 3:31
Romans 7:22-25
Romans 8:7

The Law of Sin
Romans 7:23-25

The Law of Sin and Death
Romans 8:2

The Law of the Spirit of Life
Romans 8:2

The Law of Faith
Romans 3:27

The Law of Righteousness
Romans 9:31

The Law of Christ
1 Corinthians 9:21

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have no problem with the scriptures you have posted nor with anything Paul has written about.

riiiiight

You don't believe Paul's gospel, you don't follow Paul as commanded in 2 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV nor do you 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV (you won't even define what it is we are to rightly divide and how).

achduke

riiiiight

You don't believe Paul's gospel, you don't follow Paul as commanded in 2 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV nor do you 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV (you won't even define what it is we are to rightly divide and how).

That is just slanderous! Of course I believe Paul. As for 2 Timothy 2:15 I always study and I am not ashamed of my work. Rightly Dividing is not a whole theological doctrine. That is just as bad a the Catholics believing Peter has the authority to be Pope based on one or two scriptures. Everyone should orthotoméō as the Greek word for Rightly Divide says or accurately dissect the truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is just slanderous! Of course I believe Paul. As for 2 Timothy 2:15 I always study and I am not ashamed of my work. Rightly Dividing is not a whole theological doctrine. That is just as bad a the Catholics believing Peter has the authority to be Pope based on one or two scriptures. Everyone should orthotoméō as the Greek word for Rightly Divide says or accurately dissect the truth.
What is Paul's gospel? How is one saved? Can one lose their salvation? Who should we consider that the Lord give us understanding? Who should we follow?

Don't even go there, comparing a command of the Lord through Paul of 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV to what the Catholics do with Peter. Where were we ever commanded to follow Peter? Rightly divide what and how? I've asked this more than once. Answer ALL of the questions!

Right Divider

Body part
What is Paul's gospel? How is one saved? Can one lose their salvation? Who should we consider that the Lord give us understanding? Who should we follow?

Don't even go there, comparing a command of the Lord through Paul of 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV to what the Catholics do with Peter. Where were we ever commanded to follow Peter? Rightly divide what and how? I've asked this more than once. Answer ALL of the questions!
achduke is another one of the direct question avoiding, baiting question asking, answer a question with a question folks that think they are sharpies. Just more fluff and flack.

achduke

achduke is another one of the direct question avoiding, baiting question asking, answer a question with a question folks that think they are sharpies. Just more fluff and flack.

Hold off their RD you are a little jumpy and very judgemental. I am finishing my reply.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;