THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

achduke

What is Paul's gospel? How is one saved? Can one lose their salvation? Who should we consider that the Lord give us understanding? Who should we follow?

Don't even go there, comparing a command of the Lord through Paul of 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV to what the Catholics do with Peter. Where were we ever commanded to follow Peter? Rightly divide what and how? I've asked this more than once. Answer ALL of the questions!

What is Paul's gospel? How is one saved? Can one lose their salvation? Who should we consider that the Lord give us understanding? Who should we follow?

Don't even go there, comparing a command of the Lord through Paul of 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV to what the Catholics do with Peter. Where were we ever commanded to follow Peter? Rightly divide what and how? I've asked this more than once. Answer ALL of the questions!
It is obvious our answers will be different because we believe differently. We both interpret Paul differently.

What is Paul's gospel? Paul preached to the already saved Brethen in different places and went into detail on mostly why we are saved.

How is one saved?

Peter: Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19

Paul: Acts 16:31-33, Romans 2:4, Romans 10:9;13, also Acts 20:21, and 2 Corinthians 7:9-10

Can one lose their salvation? Maybe how do you know if you are truly saved if you do not have the holy spirit? If we are truly saved then no. 2 Corinthians 13:5, John 6:39, Hebrews 6:4-6, Romans Romans 11:20-22, 1 Corinthians 9:27

Who should we consider that the Lord give us understanding? God, the Holy Spirit.

Who should we follow? The Holy Spirit, Romans 8:14, Galatians 5:18, Galatians 5:25, John 16:13

Where were we ever commanded to follow Peter? No

Rightly divide what and how? Accurately learning and teaching the truth. Ask God to give you understanding.

Last edited:

fzappa13

Ve ah der Doctrine Police. Ansa our qvestions now. Ve must know. NOW. Ve must put you in your propa theological box to maintain orda.

:sozo2:

genuineoriginal

:up: There is no condemnation to them which are in Christ.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
:think:

People that walk after the flesh because they believe in OSAS are just putting themselves under condemnation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is obvious our answers will be different because we believe differently. We both interpret Paul differently.

What is Paul's gospel? Paul preached to the already saved Brethen in different places and went into detail on mostly why we are saved.
"What is Paul's gospel?" was the first question. The gospel that he preached as the power of God unto salvation (the gospel of Christ) is the only gospel that establishes one into the Body of Christ. What is it?

How is one saved?

Peter: Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19
Now, why would you who claim to preach and believe Paul's gospel and then when asked how one is saved, run to Peter in Acts 2 and 3 when the gospel that saves today was not preached there by Peter as the good news?

genuineoriginal

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
This is speaking of the Pharisees that believed that they were righteous for following their traditions even though they reject the commandment of God.

Mark 7:9
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.​

Following commandments on our own is self righteous. If we are saved we should listen to holy spirit.
A sure sign that someone is not listening to the Holy Spirit is when they reject the commandments.
It is more difficult to discern whether a person that follows the commandments is listening to the Holy Spirit or is establishing doctrines of men.

Colossians 2:20-23
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.​

Colossians 3:5
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:​

genuineoriginal

The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to write that a member of the Body of Christ is dead to the Law and alive to God without Law. He also inspired Paul that the Law was only the schoolmaster intended to show one his/her need for Christ.

Why, then, would He lead anyone back to the schoolmaster to which he/she died in Christ?

Many Christians have never learned a single lesson from the schoolmaster.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul: Acts 16:31-33, Romans 2:4, Romans 10:9;13, also Acts 20:21, and 2 Corinthians 7:9-10
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). I don't see it there. Salvation is by grace through faith in the faith and finished work of the Lord in our place (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV). I see you didn't mention that either.

Can one lose their salvation? Maybe how do you know if you are truly saved if you do not have the holy spirit?
The saved are identified by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).
If we are truly saved then no. 2 Corinthians 13:5, John 6:39, Hebrews 6:4-6, Romans Romans 11:20-22, 1 Corinthians 9:27
I agree that the answer is no, but your use of the verses is not how to show it!

Who should we consider that the Lord give us understanding? God, the Holy Spirit
2 Timothy 2:7 KJV

Who should we follow? The Holy Spirit, Romans 8:14, Galatians 5:18, Galatians 5:25, John 16:13
The answer is Paul 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV
Where were we ever commanded to follow Peter? No
We were commanded to follow Paul! 1 Corinthians 14:37 KJV

Rightly divide what and how? Accurately learning and teaching the truth. Ask God to give you understanding.

The word of truth is the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). that is missing from your answers and it's not that hard to rightly divide it!

genuineoriginal

So should we keep the law of Moses?

No, only what is incorporated into the NT.

Some Christians believe that the entire Law has been abolished.
Other Christians believe only the parts that are repeated in the New Testament are still in effect.
Still more Christians believe all the Law is in effect unless it has been specifically overwritten in the New Testament.

So, of these three groups, how many still believe in the commandment, "Thou shalt not murder"?

genuineoriginal

The Spirit of God would lead you to what Paul says as to you,

The Holy Spirit would caution you study the scriptures (Old Testament) so you do not twist Paul's words to your own damnation.

2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:​

2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

genuineoriginal

Anyone that is saved by God's grace in this dispensation of the grace of God is walking in the Spirit and NOT in the flesh.
You have wrongly divided the word because you failed to study the Old Testament like Paul commanded Timothy to do.

A true statement is that anyone that is walking in the flesh is not walking in the Spirit and is not saved by God's Grace.

achduke

The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). I don't see it there. Salvation is by grace through faith in the faith and finished work of the Lord in our place (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV). I see you didn't mention that either.

You quote 2 scriptures neither have the recipe to be saved. They are the ingredients. Where are the instructions?

The saved are identified by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). I agree that the answer is no, but your use of the verses is not how to show it!

How do you know you are sealed with the Holy Spirit if you do not test yourself? 2 Corinthians 13:5

The answer is Paul 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV
We were commanded to follow Paul! 1 Corinthians 14:37 KJV

What happens in the past if I was not a Corinthian but a Roman? Would I know to follow Paul? How about we let the Holy Spirit teach us?

The word of truth is the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). that is missing from your answers and it's not that hard to rightly divide it!

Once again what if I am not an Ephesian in the past? how would I know this? I think I will learn from Paul but let the Holy Spirit lead me like Christ taught. What is wrong letting God lead you?

I think we have different views of thought. Maybe we will not believe exactly what we each believe but just the exercise of searching the scriptures teaches us.

Right Divider

Body part
You have wrongly divided the word because you failed to study the Old Testament like Paul commanded Timothy to do.

A true statement is that anyone that is walking in the flesh is not walking in the Spirit and is not saved by God's Grace.
You don't even know what the OT is. You shouldn't try to teach anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Where in Scripture, does it say that Paul commanded
Timothy to study the Old Testament? I'm not disputing you
outright, just curious?

Right Divider

Body part
outright, just curious?
He's probably talking about this:
2Ti 3:15-17 KJV And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

heir

TOL Subscriber
outright, just curious?

Paul doesn't! He tells Timothy to hold fast the form of sound words that he has heard of Paul 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV
to commit what he has heard of Paul to faithful men 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV
to consider what he says 2 Timothy 2:7 KJV
and to rightly divide the word of truth 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

GTSY, GM!

achduke

"What is Paul's gospel?" was the first question. The gospel that he preached as the power of God unto salvation (the gospel of Christ) is the only gospel that establishes one into the Body of Christ. What is it?

Now, why would you who claim to preach and believe Paul's gospel and then when asked how one is saved, run to Peter in Acts 2 and 3 when the gospel that saves today was not preached there by Peter as the good news?

That is your rose colored glasses. They are both messages on how to be saved. Both Peter and Paul. Saved is saved! I was showing what Paul talked about being saved and what Peter show how to be saved and they line up.

fzappa13

That is your rose colored glasses. They are both messages on how to be saved. Both Peter and Paul. Saved is saved! I was showing what Paul talked about being saved and what Peter show how to be saved and they line up.

Likely because the have the same God, same Savior and same final mailing address.