THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

SaulToPaul 2

fzappa13

What is the difference between the two?

Gen 1:1 (KJV). God created the heaven. It is way up there.
The City comes down from heaven. I go and prepare a place for you.

How can these two places be the same?

You answer my questions and I'll answer yours. That's fair isn't it?

fzappa13

Do you have adequate Scripture to back that up? Forever is a long time.

For your further edification:

Isa 60: 14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
15 Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
22 A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

Did verses 19 and 20 look familiar ? ... well they should.

Rev 21: 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. ...

… 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Notice that stuff in the blue STP? ... notice that stuff in the red GM?

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Eze 43: 1 Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east:
2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
3 And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.
4 And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.
5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.
6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.
7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.
9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.

Psa 37: 28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

Mic 4: 1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.
5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.
6 In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted;
7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Groundbreaking stuff, Zappa.

All you have shown is what I already believe. There is land, a city, and there is heaven.

Just let Him that filleth all in all, go ahead & fill it all.

SaulToPaul 2

Christ Jesus is coming to earth to rule and reign for ever. You gonna kick around up in heaven by yourself?

He that filleth all in all.

Do you claim "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the age" for yourself? Is "with you" defined by physical proximity?

fzappa13

He that filleth all in all.

Do you claim "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the age" for yourself? Is "with you" defined by physical proximity?

Eventually, yes. Are you going to ignore all this scripture and eek out a doctrine that calls heaven your long home by torturing one poor verse beyond anything it ever said?

SaulToPaul 2

Eventually, yes. Are you going to ignore all this scripture and eek out a doctrine that calls heaven your long home by torturing one poor verse beyond anything it ever said?

Is heaven going to be empty forever?
If so, why would God do that?

fzappa13

Is heaven going to be empty forever?
If so, why would God do that?

I don't know, ask Him. I'm not the one who said He was coming here forever. He did. If you've got a problem with that I would suggest that you reexamine whatever doctrine it is that is causing you discomfort with this idea.

He's coming here. Isn't that good news? Rejoice! As long as we are with Him who cares where we're at as long as we are with Him. If the Bible says He's coming here (and it does) then it would behoove us to embrace a doctrine that at least includes that.

SaulToPaul 2

Ask Him. I'm not the one who said He was coming here forever. He did. If you've got a problem with that I would suggest that you reexamine whatever doctrine it is that is causing you discomfort with this idea.

He's coming here. Isn't that good news? Rejoice! As long as we are with Him who cares where we're at as long as we are with Him. If the Bible says He's coming here (and it does) then it would behoove us to embrace a doctrine that at least includes that.

:chuckle:

No, the Lord will fill the entire universe with his glory, and with his people. Different groups, different inheritance, for a different purpose.

Let it be.