The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

You won't find it. It isn't there

When Jesus came out of the grave it was as a man. He even had the disciples touch Him to verify that He was a physical being, not a spirit. (Luke 24:39)

And in Rev. 5:6 John reported seeing a Lamb “as it had been slain” standing at the Throne of God in Heaven. Scholars identify the Lamb as Jesus, and interpret the phrase “as it had been slain” to mean that the Lord was still in the form He was in when He died, the form of a man. When Jesus agreed to become a man, it was a forever decision. (From Grace thru truth.org)
Are we talking about the same topic?

I am questioning if Jesus is a human in heaven.
You said he is, I question it.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
His power came at his baptism.
That is when he (logos) started his mission.
The logos, word, spoke and acted through the body prepared for him.

The Word was an experienced body maker, all things were created through and for him. Nothing was made without him.

Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.

Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted. (Hebrews 2:14-18)​

In all things he had to be made like his brethren. Jesus was made in utero like his brethren, that's the only way since the Garden that the Word could become human. As a human the Father anointed him as a priest which did not change him at all biologically. After his anointing he was still dust like his brethren and he bled and died.

I wish you would help me in promoting the Father's word. There is nothing in scripture about some created being snatching the body, soul, and spirit of Jesus of Nazareth.

keypurr

The Word was an experienced body maker, all things were created through and for him. Nothing was made without him.

Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.

Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted. (Hebrews 2:14-18)​

In all things he had to be made like his brethren. Jesus was made in utero like his brethren, that's the only way since the Garden that the Word could become human. As a human the Father anointed him as a priest which did not change him at all biologically. After his anointing he was still dust like his brethren and he bled and died.

I wish you would help me in promoting the Father's word. There is nothing in scripture about some created being snatching the body, soul, and spirit of Jesus of Nazareth.
Your not seeing it Jamie.

Who needed a body in Heb 10:5?

Why did the logos need a body?

How did the logos become flesh?

What is the express image in Heb 1:3?

These are important things to know .

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”

For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.(Hebrews 2:5-9)​

We see the one made lower than the angels for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor that he by the grace of God might taste death for everyone.

keypurr

Hey Bright Raven, I found it in the NIV:

Joh 12:49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.
Joh 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

keypurr

For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”

For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.(Hebrews 2:5-9)​

We see the one made lower than the angels for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor that he by the grace of God might taste death for everyone.

The Son of Man is the one that came down from above, the logos.

Php 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Php 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Php 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Note the last verse again:

Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father tells us again that Jesus is not God.

keypurr

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Why? This is why:

Joh_12:49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.

God does not change, neither would his son.

keypurr

Heb 10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;
Heb 10:6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.
Heb 10:7 Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, O God.'"
Heb 10:8 First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them" (although the law required them to be made).
Heb 10:9 Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second.
Heb 10:10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

keypurr

Heb 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
Heb 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Heb 1:8 But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

Crazy???????