The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

The comment you quoted had little to do with acts 17. I'm not sure why you asked what you did. Could you explain please?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I can't remember perfect now what you said, but you said something to the effect that ALL in Acts 17 were of the same Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Please, where is the risen Lord's words TO BE SAVED part?

Water baptism was a SIGN to the Jew.

Why do you think Jesus told John the Baptist to baptize Him. It wasn't about sins being washed away or maybe in your false doctrine it was.
John 1:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

God's Truth

Being "filled with the Holy Spirit" is NOT the same thing. Otherwise Paul would not write this to believers.

Eph 5:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

The indwelling of the Spirit is NOT the filling of the Spirit. These are ALL pictures of some things that are similar but not the same.

Being "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" is NOT the same as being "filled with the Holy Spirit".

The "filling of the Holy Spirit" in Acts 2 was about being given power. Power to speak in other languages; to heal the sick; etc.

Wrong.

popsthebuilder

I would appreciate if you define what gift you're talking about.

I am talking about the GIFT of Salvation exclusively, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to obtain it. I do not deserve it no matter what.

No. Rejecting the gift is saying 'I don't want it'.

What giftS are you talking about, please.

I am talking about the GIFT of Salvation exclusively, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to obtain it. I do not deserve it no matter what.

Not unless you define which gift(s) you're talking about.

Everybody has the right to speak in defense of whomever they want.

No apologies needed.
Firstly and mainly of salvation.

Salvation and faith are the two I am limiting this discussion to.

You are right; rejecting a gift is not only saying you don't want it, but actually not receiving it. If one received the gift of Faith or salvation then if they refused to change wholly in earnest and sincerity then they indeed are denying the gift of faith and neglecting potential salvation.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

I don't need you to do anything, Pops. You simply don't understand that God has PERSONALITY. You aren't posting verses that speak to that issue. You won't, in fact.
Could you not assume what I know please.

I never said the Spirit of GOD was without personality; I said to call GOD almighty a person, or worse; three persons is gross error as doing so isn't saying GOD has personalty/ies, but that GOD is limited to the things that a person is limited to. It also equates GOD to man which is wholly against everything that is right.

Right Divider

Body part
I think she was speaking of the word "brother", but I'm glad you're here, RD. When was Paul actually saved?
I would say that it was the moment that he believed the LORD on the road to Damascus.

Acts 9:6 (KJV)
(9:6) And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord [said] unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

1Cor 12:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:3) Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

I'd say that Paul called Him Lord by the Holy Ghost.

glorydaz

I never said the Spirit of GOD was without personality; I said to call GOD almighty a person, or worse; three persons is gross error as doing so isn't saying GOD has personalty/ies, but that GOD is limited to the things that a person is limited to. It also equates GOD to man which is wholly against everything that is right.

You don't say God is without personality.....a living being with distinct traits such as any living being would have. Yet you deny God that reality. :nono:

Man was made in the image of God. It means we were formed in His image. God has Personhood and personality. I'm not assuming anything about what you know or don't know about God. It's clear that you don't know Him....your own words make it plain.

Right Divider

Body part

That is crazy talk. We are NOT equating God with man by allowing Him to describe HIMSELF in scripture. God often uses anthropomorphism's to describe Himself in scripture, because He is communicating to HUMANS.... therefore many times He puts things into human terms (this is my SON is one example).

That He describes HIMSELF as FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT does NOT "equate God to man".

God's Truth

I would say that it was the moment that he believed the LORD on the road to Damascus.

(9:6) And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord [said] unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

(12:3) Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Are you kidding? So people are saved before they have the Holy Spirit?

God's Truth

So, for you why did Jesus told John the Baptist that He had to be water baptized, it had absolutely nothing to do with sins being washed way or maybe in your false doctrine it was.

You said water baptism was a sign to the Jews. Give the scripture that says that or concede.

Jesus told John to baptize him because it is what Jesus wants us to do, get water baptized.

glorydaz

Awesome, just as I've always thought. :thumb:

Can't tell God's UNtruth, though, I've tried.

God's Truth

Oh, so in your false doctrine you go around calling UNbelievers 'brother' or 'sister'. Thank you for letting me know.

What don't you get that you WILL NOT receive the Holy Spirit until you BELIEVE WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save you?

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. Believe the scriptures.