The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Are you saying that when the Holy Spirit tells you to OBEY Him you do not?

An infinite gratefulness in my whole being that WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did was sufficient to save such an undeserving one as me.

That's because I do not OBEY you, gt.

Believing who Jesus is, it is not enough to save you.

Right Divider

Body part
A lot of people believe who Jesus is, and that will not get them saved.

Apostle Paul did what Jesus said to do to be saved.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…
The evil one always ADDS to the Word of God.... that's EVIL...

The Bible does NOT say that Paul will be told what he must do TO BE SAVED.

There is no ...

Last edited:

God's Truth

I have no idea where you, gt, would be in your life if you had only obeyed.

If anything, you, gt, could maybe say 'I, gt, OBEYED because I, gt, ALREADY BELIEVED in God and Jesus.'

Being that I have never met or spoken with your parents, I will leave it to you, gt, to judge them that they did not know God and died lost.

Your false doctrines hinder people from being saved.

Tell me what Paul had to do before he was saved?

lifeisgood

A lot of people believe who Jesus is, and that will not get them saved.

Which means they believe WHO Jesus is HOWEVER they reject WHAT Jesus did.
WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did to save anybody cannot be separated.

Apostle Paul did what Jesus said to do to be saved.

No.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

NOTHING about TO BE SAVED.

You CANNOT prove your FALSE DOCTRINE by giving only the parts that you think will prove your false doctrine.

Paul was ALREADY saved because Paul asked 'Lord what do you want me to do?' It was not TO BE SAVED but because Paul knew something had ALREADY happened to him.

NOW, this is OBEYING: The risen Lord Jesus said, 'Ananias, go!' 'Ananias, went' and told Paul all about it. (Acts 9)

God's Truth

You mean WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is SUFFICIENT to save the worst of sinner.

Absolutely nothing. He didn't even throw himself off his horse. Imagine that.

Paul's conversion proves you wrong.

Paul wasn't saved as soon as he believed in Jesus.

This is what Jesus said to Paul:

hahahaha Now what does Jesus say?

Jesus says it will be told you WHAT YOU MUST DO.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
You have some crazy ideas.

At least, they are tolerable. For example, I don't claim most people go to hell, even though I don't believe it is a permanent state. Everlasting Punishment, or an everlasting correction? Some people need an everlasting punishment to correct their behavior. Most people don't.

God's Truth

Which means they believe WHO Jesus is HOWEVER they reject WHAT Jesus did.
WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did to save anybody cannot be separated.

No.

NOTHING about TO BE SAVED.

You CANNOT prove your FALSE DOCTRINE by giving only the parts that you think will prove your false doctrine.

Paul was ALREADY saved because Paul asked 'Lord what do you want me to do?' It was not TO BE SAVED but because Paul knew something had ALREADY happened to him.

NOW, this is OBEYING: The risen Lord Jesus said, 'Ananias, go!' 'Ananias, went' and told Paul all about it. (Acts 9)

Paul was not saved until he obeyed Jesus.

Paul OBEYED and WENT to where Jesus said to go.

Paul had to hear the message that saves.

Paul didn't eat or drink for three days and he spent praying.

Can you imagine those prayers of repentance?

Paul had many women and men dragged out of their homes, beat, put in prison, and tortured, then put to death.

Paul tried to destroy the church.

I can only imagine the heartfelt shame and repentance of Paul. Just imagine the repentance he had done before he was saved.

After he was saved he was water baptized.

All have to believe and obey to get saved and to stay saved.

It is good and right to speak of the truth, and to tell others what kind of heart it is that God saves. It will keep you out of false doctrines; it will help those who are not yet saved to get saved.

lifeisgood

Paul's conversion proves you wrong.

Paul wasn't saved as soon as he believed in Jesus.

This is what Jesus said to Paul:

hahahaha Now what does Jesus say?

Jesus says it will be told you WHAT YOU MUST DO.

Where is that TO BE SAVED part you left out?

Yes, the risen Lord was going to tell Paul how much he had to suffer for His name's sake.

“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came here, has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 9:14).

Did you read that gt? "Brother Saul, I, Ananias, obeyed as soon as the risen Lord Jesus told me to come so that you can physically see and can receive the Holy Spirit.

Or do you, gt, read Ananias saying, 'Hey, brother Saul, I, Ananias, obeyed as soon as the risen Lord Jesus told me to come so that you can be saved?' Is that how you read this part, gt?

The risen Lord was not seeking to save anyone but Saul.
All saw the light, but only Saul saw our Lord.
All heard the voice, but only Saul understood it (Acts 9:7).
And what was said was addressed specifically to Saul, and not to the rest.

That you believe the risen Lord Jesus or not it is clear from the narrative in Acts 9 my risen Lord intercepted Saul to save him, and this my risen Lord did right there at the road to Damascus BEFORE Paul entered Damascus, AFTER, when Ananias OBEYED, Paul RECEIVED the HOLY SPIRIT because Paul had already been saved.

Or do your false doctrine teach that UNbelievers can RECEIVE the Holy Spirit also?

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Paul was not saved until he obeyed Jesus.

False doctrine.

Paul OBEYED and WENT to where Jesus said to go.

Because the risen Lord had already saved him.

Paul had to hear the message that saves.

From the risen Lord Himself. What a privilege.

Paul didn't eat or drink for three days and he spent praying.

I can imagine Saul thanking the risen Lord for changing his heart.

Can you imagine those prayers of repentance?

False doctrine.

There is NOTHING in the narrative that says Saul was praying prayers of repentance.

Paul had many women and men dragged out of their homes, beat, put in prison, and tortured, then put to death.

Yes. Saul did that.

Paul tried to destroy the church.

Yes. Saul did that.

I can only imagine the heartfelt shame and repentance of Paul. Just imagine the repentance he had done before he was saved.

I believe Paul always felt bad about what he did before the risen Lord Jesus Himself saved him at the road toward Damascus.

After he was saved he was water baptized.

Water baptism was a SIGN to the Jew. The Jew expects signs. Jesus told John the Baptist to water baptized Him as a sign to the Jew.

All have to believe and obey to get saved and to stay saved.

False doctrine mixed with God's Truth, how helpful can it be?

It is good and right to speak of the truth, and to tell others what kind of heart it is that God saves. It will keep you out of false doctrines; it will help those who are not yet saved to get saved.

False doctrine mixed with God's Truth, how helpful can it be to anybody?

lifeisgood

You know that rejecting the gift is wholly wrong.

I would appreciate if you define what gift you're talking about.

I am talking about the GIFT of Salvation exclusively, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to obtain it. I do not deserve it no matter what.

Rejecting a gift is to not use a gift.

No. Rejecting the gift is saying 'I don't want it'.

Indeed using the gifts given is by GOD is synonymous with accepting them as truth and believing the Word of GOD to be true.

What giftS are you talking about, please.

I am talking about the GIFT of Salvation exclusively, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to obtain it. I do not deserve it no matter what.

Doesn't that make sense?

Not unless you define which gift(s) you're talking about.

Please understand that I am not speaking in defence of anyone.

Everybody has the right to speak in defense of whomever they want.

I apologize for butting in, I know it is rude, but really would like your opinion and thought it a good opportunity to get your attention.

No apologies needed.

lifeisgood

“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came here, has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 9:14).

Hey, @gt, do you read that Ananias said 'Brother Saul' BEFORE according to your false doctrine Paul was not even saved yet?

Or do your false doctrine also go around calling UNbelievers, who are NOT saved yet brothers?

glorydaz

"(Could you be so kind as to point out which of these verses with the word person in it is referencing something other than a human or characteristics or trait there of?"

(That's a quote from my response to you. It is missing a parenthesis and maybe isn't worded the best, bit it does seem to be an actual cohesive question)

Could you attempt to answer it without a question or negative remark now? If you need me to repost the actual scripture then let me know.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don't need you to do anything, Pops. You simply don't understand that God has PERSONALITY. You aren't posting verses that speak to that issue. You won't, in fact.