The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Where would I be now in my life if I had only obeyed?

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life but was not saved until I finally obeyed.

My parents died not ever knowing God because they were taught wrong and were warned not to obey.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is so good to see you pops.

So many have been confused and hindered by the false doctrine of just believe.

My life had been interrupted by false doctrines. God's Truth was hidden by false doctrines. Many people teach a bizarre doctrine of obey but don't say you obey and if you obeyed you are not saved. What a mess.

We have to believe and obey to be saved.

Obeying Jesus is not the condemnation God warns us about.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

God's Truth

He already knew something had happened to him.

Why else would impulse him to ask 'What do I have to do to be saved?'

They did.

No, the message the jailer received was BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus.

What an AWESOME thing it is to BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus' Salvation that a hardened jailer did not wait for nothing else and started behaving like a Christian washing their wounds.

Yes, I did hear the Gospel of Salvation.

Yes. WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did in their stead.

Where in the narrative of the jailer and his family (Acts 16:25-34) does it say that they opened their mouths and they repented to the apostles their sins?

Per your false doctrine, gt, the jailer and all his family are still not saved.

You are an entrapped person whom I am trying to help.

But you will have none of it.

lifeisgood

You need to humble yourself, try it, then you might enter the realm of the Spirit.

Should I follow your example, gt?

I have been posting and searching for so long, to find someone who knows God and wants to talk about Him and His Truth as much as I do.

You mean that WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is not enough to save anybody?

Who wants to talk about the realm of the Spirit?

All those who are saved by believing EXCLUSIVELY in WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did as sufficient to save the worst of sinners.

popsthebuilder

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Indeed; actual genuine heart felt belief is effectual in one's life.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

IF you are confessing/saying with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord...you had better be obeying your Lord.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

James 1:22
Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves.

God's Truth

Should I follow your example, gt?

You mean that WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is not enough to save anybody?

All those who are saved by believing EXCLUSIVELY in WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did as sufficient to save the worst of sinners.

You don't enter the realm of the Spirit unless you obey.

What is in your heart?

I see bulling meanness in your heart.

lifeisgood

popsthebuilder

Yes, He does all the doing to save the worst of sinners.

After belief in WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did has saved the worst of sinners, anyone will be see the changed heart. If you do not believe me ask the Apostle Paul.

...obedience.
What obedience are you talking about?
Accepting the gift; actually believing; as in doing.

lifeisgood

Acts 17: 15. And they that conducted Paul brought him unto Athens: and receiving a commandment unto Silas and Timotheus for to come to him with all speed, they departed. 16. Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry. 17. Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him. 18. Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection. 29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 30. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31. Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. 32. And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

Your point?

lifeisgood

Where would I be now in my life if I had only obeyed?

I have no idea where you, gt, would be in your life if you had only obeyed.

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life but was not saved until I finally obeyed.

If anything, you, gt, could maybe say 'I, gt, OBEYED because I, gt, ALREADY BELIEVED in God and Jesus.'

My parents died not ever knowing God because they were taught wrong and were warned not to obey.

Being that I have never met or spoken with your parents, I will leave it to you, gt, to judge them that they did not know God and died lost.

lifeisgood

After belief in WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did has saved the worst of sinners, anyone will be see the changed heart. If you do not believe me ask the Apostle Paul.

...obedience.Accepting the gift; actually believing; as in doing.

BELIEVING does NOT entail any DOING from the one believing.

I BELIEVE there is two inches of snow outside.
How much DOING is that?

I BELIEVE in here you are popsthebuilder ---- How much DOING is that?

BELIEVE and DOING are TWO totally and completely different things.

God's Truth

What obedience are you talking about?

A lot of people believe who Jesus is, and that will not get them saved.

Apostle Paul did what Jesus said to do to be saved.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

lifeisgood