The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came here, has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 9:14).

Hey, @gt, do you read that Ananias said 'Brother Saul' BEFORE according to your false doctrine Paul was not even saved yet?

Or do your false doctrine also go around calling UNbelievers, who are NOT saved yet brothers?

:thumb: That would be Acts. 9:17

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently lifeisgood thinks that being "filled with the Holy Spirit" is the exactly same thing as "being saved".

Nope....

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. First Corinthians 12:13 declares, “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: “You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.” Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe: “Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.” From Gotquestions.org

God's Truth

Where is that TO BE SAVED part you left out?
It is there, but some people are blind and under the snare of the devil and can't see it.

Paul asks who it is, and Jesus tells him. Paul believes in the Lord at that time. Is he saved yet by receiving the Holy Spirit? No.

Jesus tells Paul to enter the city and t will be told you what you must do.

At no time did Jesus ask Paul do you believe me now? Yes Paul do you believe now? Okay then, you are saved. That never happened.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Yes, the risen Lord was going to tell Paul how much he had to suffer for His name's sake.

You know that is not yet. Paul hadn't even been saved yet.

“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came here, has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 9:14).

Did you read that gt? "Brother Saul, I, Ananias, obeyed as soon as the risen Lord Jesus told me to come so that you can physically see and can receive the Holy Spirit.

Or do you, gt, read Ananias saying, 'Hey, brother Saul, I, Ananias, obeyed as soon as the risen Lord Jesus told me to come so that you can be saved?' Is that how you read this part, gt?

Ananias was saved and obeyed God, and Paul had to obey to get saved.
The risen Lord was not seeking to save anyone but Saul.
No kidding.
All saw the light, but only Saul saw our Lord.
All heard the voice, but only Saul understood it (Acts 9:7).
And what was said was addressed specifically to Saul, and not to the rest.

And? We are talking about Paul and when he was saved. The others could have been saved but it is not recorded. Stay focused and don't go on to making scriptures that are not there.

That you believe the risen Lord Jesus or not it is clear from the narrative in Acts 9 my risen Lord intercepted Saul to save him, and this my risen Lord did right there at the road to Damascus BEFORE Paul entered Damascus, AFTER, when Ananias OBEYED, Paul RECEIVED the HOLY SPIRIT because Paul had already been saved.
No one is saved by Jesus until they receive the Holy Spirit.

Or do your false doctrine teach that UNbelievers can RECEIVE the Holy Spirit also?

Calvinists believe unbelievers can be saved; however, to say such a thing is to preach falseness. Are you getting mixed up because you are in falseness and don't know the truth? Did you forget that your Calvinistic teachings say unbelievers are saved?

God's Truth

Hoooooooooray, I, gt, say I won!

"...how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” (Acts 9:15-16)

Again, Jesus had not saved Paul yet. Jesus told Paul to enter the city and it will be told to him what he must do to be SAVED.

Getting saved is about REPENTING of your sins. Can you imagine Paul getting water baptized as he did and not knowing it is about sins being washed away?

lifeisgood

I think she was speaking of the word "brother"...

Yes, I was speaking of the word 'brother'.

From gt's false doctrine Saul was not even saved yet. I don't know how long was the list gt has for Saul to complete before the Lord will save him.

So, from gt's false doctrine, being that Paul had not completed gt's list yet, how dare Ananias call Saul, brother?

lifeisgood

It is there, but some people are blind and under the snare of the devil and can't see it.

Paul asks who it is, and Jesus tells him. Paul believes in the Lord at that time. Is he saved yet by receiving the Holy Spirit? No.

Jesus tells Paul to enter the city and t will be told you what you must do.

At no time did Jesus ask Paul do you believe me now? Yes Paul do you believe now? Okay then, you are saved. That never happened.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."

Please, show me the risen Lord's TO BE SAVED part.

lifeisgood

Again, Jesus had not saved Paul yet. Jesus told Paul to enter the city and it will be told to him what he must do to be SAVED.

Please, where is the risen Lord's words TO BE SAVED part?

Getting saved is about REPENTING of your sins. Can you imagine Paul getting water baptized as he did and not knowing it it about sins being washed away?

Water baptism was a SIGN to the Jew.

Why do you think Jesus told John the Baptist to baptize Him. It wasn't about sins being washed away or maybe in your false doctrine it was.

lifeisgood

You know that is not yet. Paul hadn't even been saved yet.

Foolish woman!!!

Ananias was saved and obeyed God, and Paul had to obey to get saved.

How dare Ananias call Saul brother if Saul was not saved yet.
How dare Ananias DISOBEY the Lord by calling a UNbeliever 'brother'.

I wonder where you, gt, will find the verse that Ananias was wrong by calling Saul, brother, because in your false doctrine Saul was not yet saved.

No kidding.

Yes, no kidding.

And? We are talking about Paul and when he was saved. The others could have been saved but it is not recorded. Stay focused and don't go on to making scriptures that are not there.

I love how you twist scripture to suit your false doctrine.

No one is saved by Jesus until they receive the Holy Spirit.

So, now you add that a UNbeliever to be saved must also receive the Holy Spirit.

Is that before the UNbeliever is water baptized or after?

Is that before or after the UNbeliever prayed penitent prayers until their vocal chords no longer functioned?

Is that before or after the UNbeliever followed your list of things to do before WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did could save him/her?

Calvinists believe unbelievers can be saved; however, to say such a thing is to preach falseness. Are you getting mixed up because you are in falseness and don't know the truth? Did you forget that your Calvinistic teachings say unbelievers are saved?

Please, do not lump all Calvinists into your leaven.

I know you will not believe me but I am not of the Calvinistic persuasion.

It would be like saying you are of the persuasion that WHAT Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is sufficient to save the worst of sinners. BTW: You, gt, do not believe that, just in case your comprehension helmet is not on.

God's Truth

False doctrine.

Because the risen Lord had already saved him.

From the risen Lord Himself. What a privilege.

I can imagine Saul thanking the risen Lord for changing his heart.

False doctrine.

There is NOTHING in the narrative that says Saul was praying prayers of repentance.

Yes. Saul did that.

Yes. Saul did that.

I believe Paul always felt bad about what he did before the risen Lord Jesus Himself saved him at the road toward Damascus.
That is unstable talk.

Water baptism was a SIGN to the Jew. The Jew expects signs. Jesus told John the Baptist to water baptized Him as a sign to the Jew.
That is ridiculous nonsense. Show the scripture that says water baptism was a sign to the Jews.

popsthebuilder

Yes, He does all the doing to save the worst of sinners.

After belief in WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did has saved the worst of sinners, anyone will be see the changed heart. If you do not believe me ask the Apostle Paul.

BELIEVING does NOT entail any DOING from the one believing.

I BELIEVE there is two inches of snow outside.
How much DOING is that?

I BELIEVE in here you are popsthebuilder ---- How much DOING is that?

BELIEVE and DOING are TWO totally and completely different things.

You speak only of scenarios that do not affect you directly and also not expounding on the reactions of such belief

If you actually believe there to be 2" of snow outside and are planning to go outside (doing something), then you would most likely dress accordingly to deal with the way you believe the weather to be. Or you could go out butt naked if you ignored what you believed.

You believing that I am referenced as popsthebuilder then you would; as a result of said belief, most likely address me as such when you desired to get my attention. Or you could ignore the belief that I am here and ignore my posts and pretend like you don't know I'm talking to you. If you prefer doubt and chaos over purpose truth and potential well....carry on.....which is doing something by the way....

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

lifeisgood

That is unstable talk.

Because I answered your inquiry. Got it.

That is ridiculous nonsense. Show the scripture that says water baptism was a sign to the Jews.

For one boasting of being God's Truth you have much to learn from the real God's Truth.

Throughout Israel’s history, signs were a part of the nation of Israel's birthright.

Deuteronomy 26:8 - “And the Lord brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and WITH SIGNS, AND WITH WONDERS.”

When Moses was commissioned to deliver Israel from Egypt, he was given two specific SIGNS designed to motivate the nation to believe.

In Exodus 29 we learn that ordination into the priest’s office was through a ceremony that included two very important rites: first, a washing with water [water baptism]; second, an anointing with oil.

These two things are beautifully united when our Lord, Israel’s true High Priest (Heb. 3:1), came to be baptized of John in order “to fulfill all righteousness.”

John the Baptist, preached a national baptism to the nation Israel as a means of national repentance and preparation to be the kingdom of priests God ordained that favored nation to be.

In Acts 2:38, Peter echoes John’s words.

Just as circumcision is the sign of the ever Abrahamic Covenant, and the Sabbath is the sign of the Mosaic Covenant, so water baptism is the sign of the Davidic Covenant.

Now, you can agree with God's Truth or you can reject it. It is no skin off my back.

God's Truth

Hey, @gt, do you read that Ananias said 'Brother Saul' BEFORE according to your false doctrine Paul was not even saved yet?

Or do your false doctrine also go around calling UNbelievers, who are NOT saved yet brothers?

Just because he was called brother does not mean he was already saved before he was saved.

What don't you get about no one is saved until they receive the Holy Spirit?

lifeisgood

If you actually believe there to be 2" of snow outside and are planning to go outside (doing something), then you would most likely dress accordingly to deal with the way you believe the weather to be. Or you could go out butt naked if you ignored what you believed.

TWO totally and completely different issues. That is why you do not understand. You conflate two different things trying to make it one and that is impossible.

If it were true that I was planning to go outside (which I never said I was) that would have been AFTER many a factors entered into the picture.

How much DOING did I do by BELIEVING that there is 2" of snow outside? I haven't gone outside yet.

lifeisgood

Just because he was called brother does not mean he was already saved before he was saved.

Oh, so in your false doctrine you go around calling UNbelievers 'brother' or 'sister'. Thank you for letting me know.

What don't you get about no one is saved until they receive the Holy Spirit?

What don't you get that you WILL NOT receive the Holy Spirit until you BELIEVE WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save you?

popsthebuilder

False doctrine.

Because the risen Lord had already saved him.

From the risen Lord Himself. What a privilege.

I can imagine Saul thanking the risen Lord for changing his heart.

False doctrine.

There is NOTHING in the narrative that says Saul was praying prayers of repentance.

Yes. Saul did that.

Yes. Saul did that.

I believe Paul always felt bad about what he did before the risen Lord Jesus Himself saved him at the road toward Damascus.

Water baptism was a SIGN to the Jew. The Jew expects signs. Jesus told John the Baptist to water baptized Him as a sign to the Jew.

False doctrine mixed with God's Truth, how helpful can it be?

False doctrine mixed with God's Truth, how helpful can it be to anybody?
So basically what you are saying is that any who believes themselves saved should be witnessing good works first hand?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Because I answered your inquiry. Got it.

For one boasting of being God's Truth you have much to learn from the real God's Truth.

Throughout Israel’s history, signs were a part of the nation of Israel's birthright.

Deuteronomy 26:8 - “And the Lord brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and WITH SIGNS, AND WITH WONDERS.”

When Moses was commissioned to deliver Israel from Egypt, he was given two specific SIGNS designed to motivate the nation to believe.

In Exodus 29 we learn that ordination into the priest’s office was through a ceremony that included two very important rites: first, a washing with water [water baptism]; second, an anointing with oil.

These two things are beautifully united when our Lord, Israel’s true High Priest (Heb. 3:1), came to be baptized of John in order “to fulfill all righteousness.”

John the Baptist, preached a national baptism to the nation Israel as a means of national repentance and preparation to be the kingdom of priests God ordained that favored nation to be.

In Acts 2:38, Peter echoes John’s words.

Just as circumcision is the sign of the ever Abrahamic Covenant, and the Sabbath is the sign of the Mosaic Covenant, so water baptism is the sign of the Davidic Covenant.

Now, you can agree with God's Truth or you can reject it. It is no skin off my back.

As I said before, unstable talk. None of those scriptures say water baptism was a sign to the Jews.

Right Divider

Body part
The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. First Corinthians 12:13 declares, “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: “You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.” Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe: “Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.” From Gotquestions.org
Being "filled with the Holy Spirit" is NOT the same thing. Otherwise Paul would not write this to believers.

Eph 5:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

The indwelling of the Spirit is NOT the filling of the Spirit. These are ALL pictures of some things that are similar but not the same.

Being "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" is NOT the same as being "filled with the Holy Spirit".

The "filling of the Holy Spirit" in Acts 2 was about being given power. Power to speak in other languages; to heal the sick; etc.