The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

John 1:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

You said water baptism was a sign to the Jews. Give the scripture that says that or concede.

Jesus told John to baptize him because it is what Jesus wants us to do, get water baptized.

You were given the scripture. You concede.

Or do you need someone to explain to you what is clearly written in the scripture?

popsthebuilder

TWO totally and completely different issues. That is why you do not understand. You conflate two different things trying to make it one and that is impossible.

If it were true that I was planning to go outside (which I never said I was) that would have been AFTER many a factors entered into the picture.

How much DOING did I do by BELIEVING that there is 2" of snow outside? I haven't gone outside yet.
What you ask is completely irrelevant. It's to be expected I guess.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glorydaz

Paul didn't receive the Holy Spirit on the road to Damascus when he believed in Jesus.

Proving you don't know the Gospel of Grace.

When Paul heard the Lord on the Road to Damascus, he believed and received the Spirit....just as he alludes to here.

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?​

God's Truth

John the baptizer prepared the way for the Lord. Jesus would not have came until the people repented of their sins.

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).
We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ to live in our heart.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no faith alone giving someone access to grace. Believe the scriptures. James 2:14,17,19,20,22, and 24.
Always back to the circumcision apostles of the 12 tribes .... you do NOT know what the gospel of the grace of God is.

Jas 1:1 (KJV)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Always ignore of the actual meaning of scripture.

That's GT...

P.S. Why is James excluding gentiles?

God's Truth

Paul was NOT saved on the road to Damascus.

No one is saved until they receive the Holy Spirit.

Paul received the Holy Spirit days later.

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

popsthebuilder

Sometimes I wonder what you're trying to say, popsthebuilder.
I'm trying to say that any who considers themselves saved should be wholly persuaded by the Holy Spirit and be doing the works of GOD through the Spirit at every conceivable moment, not for salvation or praise or attainment or reward or due to fear of judgement, but because their personal wants and desires will have been removed from them and replaced with the desire to do, instead of what is "best" for them in regard to personal attainment or possession (greed), what is wholly good and for the sake of those in need.

Basically if one actually believes themselves to be saved then they wouldn't so much speak about it, but it would be known through the works done through the Holy Temple, by the Spirit.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Saved by GRACE through FAITH. You call that alone? :rotfl:

Faith in the works of Jesus leads to Grace, salvation and the Holy Spirit dewlling within.

What James was saying is the Holy Spirit moves one to do the good and avoid sin. He thought some claimed to be saved, yet lived in sin; such persons were not really saved.

James did not preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.

This is what mixes people up about James.

popsthebuilder

You don't say God is without personality.....a living being with distinct traits such as any living being would have. Yet you deny God that reality. :nono:

Man was made in the image of God. It means we were formed in His image. God has Personhood and personality. I'm not assuming anything about what you know or don't know about God. It's clear that you don't know Him....your own words make it plain.
Your simply making things up as you go at this point.

I won't be entertaining nonsense tonight; sorry.

God's Truth

Faith in the works of Jesus leads to Grace, salvation and the Holy Spirit dewlling within.

What James was saying is the Holy Spirit moves one to do the good and avoid sin. He thought some claimed to be saved, yet lived in sin; such persons were not really saved.

James did not preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.

This is what mixes people up about James.

James says PLAINLY that faith without right actions is DEAD and cannot SAVE ANYONE. He says even demons believe and do SOMETHING, they shudder.

God's Truth

I'm trying to say that any who considers themselves saved should be wholly persuaded by the Holy Spirit and be doing the works of GOD through the Spirit at every conceivable moment, not for salvation or praise or attainment or reward or due to fear of judgement, but because their personal wants and desires will have been removed from them and replaced with the desire to do, instead of what is "best" for them in regard to personal attainment or possession (greed), what is wholly good and for the sake of those in need.

Basically if one actually believes themselves to be saved then they wouldn't so much speak about it, but it would be known through the works done through the Holy Temple, by the Spirit.

We have to OBEY to be SAVED. We have to obey to receive the REWARD of eternal life.

Just ask me for the scriptures, but only if you will believe them.

popsthebuilder

That is crazy talk. We are NOT equating God with man by allowing Him to describe HIMSELF in scripture. God often uses anthropomorphism's to describe Himself in scripture, because He is communicating to HUMANS.... therefore many times He puts things into human terms (this is my SON is one example).

That He describes HIMSELF as FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT does NOT "equate God to man".
No it doesn't; very good.

How would using the words of scripture as descriptors be equating GOD to a person?

What does though, is limitimg GOD to multiple personalities and traits and characteristics of people. Namely using the words person or persons to describe the Spirit of GOD is both unbiblicle and indeed limiting the Infinite to the temporal and the Creator to the created.

A child could surely grasp such.

Willful ignorance is NOT ignorance and will be judged against those who know.

popsthebuilder

Always back to the circumcision apostles of the 12 tribes .... you do NOT know what the gospel of the grace of God is.

Jas 1:1 (KJV)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Always ignore of the actual meaning of scripture.

That's GT...

P.S. Why is James excluding gentiles?
Scattered abroad means nothing to you?