ECT The Same Yesterday, and Today, and For Ever

glorydaz

I forget, you believe you don't need to put on Christ...that you don't need to die daily...

Nope, I'm dead, and my life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3

You and your holiness movement doctrine.

Yo, Jerry - you're not the only non MAD "MAD" on here, say hello to your fellow neo-hybrid-mad, GD.

:rotfl:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

And you don't understand what Paul was saying when he said, "I die daily", do you? No, you like to pretend you're being beat to a pulp because you preach the Gospel. You've co opted Paul's words for your own personal glory. :nono:

1 Corinthians 15:30-32
And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.​

Poor Danoh....in jeopardy every hour, just like the Apostle Paul. :rolleyes:

2 Corinthians 11:24-26
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. 25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;​

Jerry Shugart

John 1:1 and John 1:14 says otherwise, Jerry.

You evidently do not understand what those verses are saying if you think that they prove that what I said earlier is in error:

His essential nature never changed. Paul compares the body to clothing which a person puts on (2 Cor.5:2). So a change in clothes does not change the essential nature of a person.

Paul speaks of both the inner man and the outward man. The inner man is the soul and the outward man refers to man in his body.

If the Lord Jesus' inner man is not His soul then what is His inner man?

And if His outward man was not His flesh and blood body then what is His outward man?

glorydaz

You evidently do not understand what those verses are saying if you think that they prove that what I said earlier is in error:

His essential nature never changed. Paul compares the body to clothing which a person puts on (2 Cor.5:2). So a change in clothes does not change the essential nature of a person.

Paul speaks of both the inner man and the outward man. The inner man is the soul and the outward man refers to man in his body.

And if His outward man was not His flesh and blood body then what is His outward man?

You are insisting on talking about the composition of a human being, but Jesus was also God. Therefore, your analogy simply does not apply to the God/man, our Lord Jesus Christ.

What does NOT ever change are the attributes of God that are manifest in the person and humanity of Jesus Christ. His faithfulness, His Love, His Righteousness, etc.

Jerry Shugart

You are insisting on talking about the composition of a human being, but Jesus was also God. Therefore, your analogy simply does not apply to the God/man, our Lord Jesus Christ.

So you don't believe that the Lord Jesus is totally Man?

I am talking about His composition as a Man and you have not said a single thing which proves what I said earlier is in error and you just ignored my questions:

Will you answer those questions since you think you know so much about this subject?

God's Truth

No, it is the soul. It is the soul which dies spiritually when a person sins and and it is the soul which is saved by the gospel (1 Pet.1:9).

The flesh body without the spirit is dead. The flesh body with the spirit is a living soul.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

The body with the spirit is a soul.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God breaths a spirit into humans which gives makes our flesh body come to life and makes us a soul.

God's Truth

Jerry does not agree with the Apostle Paul that sin (the nature) dwells in one, where it lays dormant until it is revived by one thing or another in life, to become one's map of reality...if...allowed to.

You speak mumbo jumbo nonsense.

God's Truth

Nope, I'm dead, and my life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3

I believe you when you say you are dead. hahahahahaaa

You got that dead part, but you never did get that alive part.

We live by obeying.

Romans 6: 11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

God's Truth

So you don't believe that the Lord Jesus is totally Man?

I am talking about His composition as a Man and you have not said a single thing which proves what I said earlier is in error and you just ignored my questions:

Will you answer those questions since you think you know so much about this subject?

We are all our spirit.

Jesus' "inner man" is his Spirit, and it is God the Father.

Interplanner

The text in Hebrews is not about natures of Christ or us. It is about whether he was offering the same Gospel before during and after Judaism.

Jerry Shugart

God breaths a spirit into humans which gives makes our flesh body come to life and makes us a soul.

God makes men's souls:

"For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made" (Isa.47:16).

The soul is spiritually alive when made by the LORD because everything which He makes must be good.

But when a person sins then his soul dies spiritually. And the Lord Jesus said that His word is both spirit and life (Jn.6:63). And it is the "soul" of a person which is quickened by the gospel which comes in holy spirit.

It is a person's soul which is the inner man. It is the inner man, the soul, who is saved by the word of God:

"Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls"
(1 Pet.1:9).​

God's Truth

God makes men's souls:

That is right. God makes humans living souls.

"For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made" (Isaiah 57:16).

God made humans flesh and spirit. Humans have their own spirit that grows and changes as their bodies do. The spirit they are given is what gives them life; it is how we are called souls.

The soul is spiritually alive when made by the LORD because everything which He makes must be good.

Now I am going to divide better what you said. You said the soul is spiritually alive. You should say the body is made a living soul by the spirit God gave it.

But when a person sins then his soul dies spiritually.

No. If a person's soul is dead, it means that their flesh is dead and their spirit went to hell or to heaven.

And the Lord Jesus said that His word is both spirit and life (Jn.6:63).

Now you are speaking of Jesus' Spirit. The saved receive Jesus' Spirit to live inside with their own spirit.

A person who is called spiritually dead is a person who only lives to please their flesh. Their spirit has been stifled and is unnoticeable anymore because they only live to please their flesh...i.e. sexual pleasure, money, mansions, fame, living to only please their flesh with drugs, etc.

And it is the "soul" of a person which is quickened by the gospel which comes in holy spirit.
I would agree with that, but carefully, since it doesn't take much to get one off course from the truth.
It is a person's soul which is the inner man.

You see there, you went off from the truth. A soul is a body who is alive. When the person dies, it is no longer a soul. There is NO MORE SOUL when a person dies. But, their spirit is still alive and went to heaven, or hell.

It is the inner man, the soul, who is saved by the word of God:
But the spirit is the inner man. The soul is the spirit with his body.

"Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls"
(1 Pet.1:9).​
We must do right with our soul, and worship God with our spirit and our flesh. Our soul is our body and our spirit together.