ECT The Same Yesterday, and Today, and For Ever

glorydaz

So you don't believe that the Lord Jesus is totally Man?

Jesus is God and man, but He was not man before He became flesh (born of woman), and dwelt among us.

I am talking about His composition as a Man and you have not said a single thing which proves what I said earlier is in error and you just ignored my questions:

If the Lord Jesus' inner man is not His soul then what is His inner man?

And if His outward man was not His flesh and blood body then what is His outward man?

Will you answer those questions since you think you know so much about this subject?

I don't think, nor have I said, that I "know so much about this subject." I'm simply sharing what I believe like everyone else. I've explained why I don't believe the verse about Christ changing not is referring to His nature....since He took on human nature when He became flesh. Flesh means humanity. That isn't speaking of just His body, but the entirety of a man. Humans are composed of body, soul and spirit. Your speaking of the inner and outward man is nothing but a distraction to the subject at hand.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
flesh + spirit = living, soul

flesh - spirit = dead flesh, spirit gone to God or to hell

So you say that a soul = body + spirit, right?

So was Rachel's body and spirit departing when she died?

Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, “Do not fear; you will have this son also.” And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem). - Genesis 35:17-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:17-19&version=NKJV

Or perhaps was soul being used as a synecdoche for her soul/spirit?

God's Truth

So you say that a soul = body + spirit, right?

So was Rachel's body and spirit departing when she died?

Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, “Do not fear; you will have this son also.” And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem). - Genesis 35:17-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:17-19&version=NKJV

Or perhaps was soul being used as a synecdoche for her soul/spirit?

Her soul was departing in that her spirit was leaving and her flesh would soon be dead.

Jerry Shugart

Your speaking of the inner and outward man is nothing but a distraction to the subject at hand.

I was using those terms to show that Paul describes the body as something "clothed upon."

The soul is the inner man and what is seen is the outward man.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Except that's not what it says, according to your definition of soul.

Your definition of soul:

soul = body + spirit

Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, “Do not fear; you will have this son also.” And so it was, as her [body + spirit] was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin.So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem). - Genesis 35:17-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:17-19&version=NKJV

Is that what the verse says, GT? or does it say that her soul was departing from her body? Or even worse for your definition, departing from this earth? Because her body never left the earth, in fact, it was buried on the way to Ephrath (aka Bethlehem). The word "nephesh" is used in verse 18, GT.

b2476bfde50436d7e595fc64cc8e468c.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The soul is a living physical body.
So her LIVING PHYSICAL BODY was departing from her LIVING PHYSICAL BODY?

Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, “Do not fear; you will have this son also.”And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin.So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem). - Genesis 35:17-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:17-19&version=NKJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We are living flesh because we have a spirit of our own which makes us a living soul.

The soul is a living physical body.

So Rachel's LIVING PHYSICAL BODY was departing from her LIVING PHYSICAL BODY?

Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, “Do not fear; you will have this son also.”And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin.So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem). - Genesis 35:17-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:17-19&version=NKJV

God's Truth

So Rachel's LIVING PHYSICAL BODY was departing from her LIVING PHYSICAL BODY?

Rachel was dying. Her spirit was leaving her body and her body would depart by decaying in a rapid manner.

Genesis 3:19 By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."