ECT The Same Yesterday, and Today, and For Ever

glorydaz

We are living flesh because we have a spirit of our own which makes us a living soul.

Instead of just making stuff up, why don't you use scripture?

1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God's Truth

Instead of just making stuff up, why don't you use scripture?

1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Our mind, our feelings, our conscious, that is our spirit. If anyone gets a modern English version Bible, you can easily see that whenever the bible talks about our soul, it is at that time concerned with our living body (our physical living body with its spirit).
Whenever the bible talks about our spirit, it is concentrating on our spirit, our spirit whether in our body or out of our body.
Whenever the bible talks about our body, it is speaking of a living physical body or a dead physical body.
A soul is a physical body alive with a spirit. The body is dead without the spirit (James 2:26), and the spirit lives on after death of the body.

Refer to 1 Thessalonians. We can see that God will sanctify us through and through, our whole spirit (spirit without a body), soul (spirit and body together), and our body (with or without our spirit/dead or alive). God truly sanctifies us through and through.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Rachel was dying.

DUH, GT!

Her spirit

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE VERSE SAYS, GT. It says her SOUL was departing. ACCORDING TO YOU, "soul" means "body and spirit."

So either the verse does not mean that her soul was departing, even though it in fact clearly says that her soul was departing, OR YOUR DEFINITION IS WRONG!

I'm going to stick with the Bible being correct when it says that Rachel's soul, her "nephesh" was departing, and not her body (which they kept and buried in Ephrath (Bethlehem)).

was leaving her body

HER SOUL LEFT HER BODY, NOT HER [BODY + SPIRIT] LEFT HER BODY.

and her body would depart by decaying in a rapid manner.

GT, it can take anywhere from a few years to about 50 years for a body to decay completely, depending on the environment it's in. That is not rapid at all. Or are you saying that they DID NOT in fact bury her body on the way to Ephrath (Bethlehem), but that her body just decomposed then and there? Because then you're going against scripture, which makes you a heretic.

GT, your definition of soul is wrong, because it does not fit what that verse says.

HERE IT IS AGAIN:

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. - Genesis 35:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:18&version=NKJV

Her [body + spirit] didn't depart from her body, GT.

GT: soul = body + spirit
ME: person = body + soul + spirit, the image of God, who Father and Son and Holy Spirit

Genesis 35:18: Rachel's soul departed, her body remained and was buried.

Which statement fits the verse, GT, yours or mine?

God's Truth

DUH, GT!

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE VERSE SAYS, GT. It says her SOUL was departing. ACCORDING TO YOU, "soul" means "body and spirit."

So either the verse does not mean that her soul was departing, even though it in fact clearly says that her soul was departing, OR YOUR DEFINITION IS WRONG!

I'm going to stick with the Bible being correct when it says that Rachel's soul, her "nephesh" was departing, and not her body (which they kept and buried in Ephrath (Bethlehem)).

HER SOUL LEFT HER BODY, NOT HER [BODY + SPIRIT] LEFT HER BODY.

GT, it can take anywhere from a few years to about 50 years for a body to decay completely, depending on the environment it's in. That is not rapid at all. Or are you saying that they DID NOT in fact bury her body on the way to Ephrath (Bethlehem), but that her body just decomposed then and there? Because then you're going against scripture, which makes you a heretic.

GT, your definition of soul is wrong, because it does not fit what that verse says.

HERE IT IS AGAIN:

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. - Genesis 35:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:18&version=NKJV

Her [body + spirit] didn't depart from her body, GT.

GT: soul = body + spirit
ME: person = body + soul + spirit, the image of God, who Father and Son and Holy Spirit

Genesis 35:18: Rachel's soul departed, her body remained and was buried.

Which statement fits the verse, GT, yours or mine?

The scripture plainly says she was dying.

A soul is a body with a spirit.

You would rather listen to false teachers then study for yourself.

Now make up your mind right now...do peoples' SPIRIT go to heaven or hell, or does their soul?

It is our spirit that lives on.

Our soul is what we live on earth with.

God's Truth

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We don't have a soul and a spirit that lives on. HAAAAAAA!
We are body and soul and spirit.

We are made in God's image, who is Father and Son and Holy Ghost.

When we die, we lose our body, but retain our soul and spirit.

When Jesus died, He was separated from the Father and Holy Ghost.

Do you see the parallel yet?

When go to be with God, we will be given new bodies but not new souls or spirits, bodies that can interact with the new world, but that do not decay.

When Christ was raised, He was given a new body, one that can be touched, but does not decay, and it is through His Body that we can interact with God.

====

Every living thing has a body.

Plants have bodies, but no soul or spirit, you can't form a relationship with a plant (though some weirdos try).

Animals have bodies that allow them to interact with the physical world, with varying levels of souls, that allow them to interact and form relationships, with other animals and with humans (for example a cat or dog can form a strong relationship with a human, or even a mate), but they cannot form a relationship with God, nor will they exist after death. When an animal dies, it no longer exists.

Humans, on the other hand, are body soul and spirit. We have bodies to interact with the physical world, we have souls to interact with other creatures, both human and animal, but we also have a spirit, which allows us to form and maintain a relationship with our Creator, God.

When humans die, they will either be given new bodies when Christ returns, OR they will not be given new bodies and be cast into lake of fire, where they will not be able to harm others, nor themselves, but they will exist as soul and spirit.

glorydaz

The soul is a living physical body.

Here the soul is the emotions.... :readthis:

1 Sam. 1:15-16 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord. 16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.

God's Truth

Here the soul is the emotions.... :readthis:

1 Sam. 1:15-16 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord. 16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.

She was was pouring out her soul is about begging physically and deeply.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The scripture plainly says she was dying.

DUH, GT!

A soul is a body with a spirit.

Saying it doesn't make it so, GT. Repeating your argument when it's been addressed is an argument by repetition, which is a logical fallacy.

AGAIN, if that were true, the verse would be saying this:

And so it was, as her [body with a spirit] was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. - Genesis 35:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:18&version=NKJV

But that's not what it says, it says her soul departed (for she died), and that she was buried shortly after on the way to Ephrath.

That means that her soul departed, and her body remained.

You would rather listen to false teachers then study for yourself.

RED HERRING.

STAY ON TOPIC.

Did Rachel's body and spirit depart from her body (illogical)? Or did her soul depart from her body, which remained and was buried?

Now make up your mind right now...do peoples' SPIRIT go to heaven or hell, or does their soul?
DISTRACTION.

Stay on topic.

Did Rachel's body and spirit depart from her body (illogical)? Or did her soul depart from her body, which remained and was buried?

It is our spirit that lives on.

Our soul is what we live on earth with.

STAY ON TOPIC.

God's Truth

DUH, GT!

Saying it doesn't make it so, GT. Repeating your argument when it's been addressed is an argument by repetition, which is a logical fallacy.

And so it was, as her [body with a spirit] was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. - Genesis 35:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis35:18&version=NKJV

But that's not what it says, it says her soul departed (for she died), and that she was buried shortly after on the way to Ephrath.

RED HERRING.

STAY ON TOPIC.

DISTRACTION.

Stay on topic.

STAY ON TOPIC.

You need to start answering questions and replying to the scriptures I give.

I gave scriptures that plainly say our spirit makes us a living soul...a living body.

No soul goes to heaven.

Only spirits go to heaven.

Try to go against me now.

Go against me by giving scripture that says the soul goes to heaven.

glorydaz

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Yes, we become living souls. But, we also have a soul (which is our emotions, our minds...basically WHO we are as a person). Our spirit is comprised of our conscience, our intuition...how we communicate with the Lord.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You need to start answering questions and replying to the scriptures I give.

How about you answer my questions first, and stop trying to evade, and then perhaps I'll answer yours.

I gave scriptures that plainly say our spirit makes us a living soul...a living body.

And there are verses which refer to each of them as three separate objects.

No soul goes to heaven.

Only spirits go to heaven.

Try to go against me now.

Go against me by giving scripture that says the soul goes to heaven.

DUH, GT!

RED HERRING.

STAY ON TOPIC.

DISTRACTION.

Stay on topic.

STAY ON TOPIC.

God's Truth

Yes, we become living souls. But, we also have a soul (which is our emotions, our minds...basically WHO we are as a person). Our spirit is comprised of our conscience, our intuition...how we communicate with the Lord.

Our SPIRIT is our emotions and feelings, our mind.

God's Truth

Glorydazed and JD need to give the scripture where souls go to heaven.

I think they will be gone awhile looking for that scripture that doesn't exist.

I think though that they will come back with one that doesn't say what they think it does.

glorydaz

Our SPIRIT is our emotions and feelings, our mind.

No, we can be either carnally minded or spiritually minded depending on whether our spirit is awakened to spiritual things or not.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.​

I don't know why I bother, you still claim the Son is the Father. :nono:

glorydaz

Glorydazed and JD need to give the scripture where souls go to heaven.

I think they will be gone awhile looking for that scripture that doesn't exist.

I think though that they will come back with one that doesn't say what they think it does.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

God's Truth

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

HAAAAA I knew that is the scripture that you would come up with. LOL

That scripture is about a vision.

Try again.