The Sabbath is a What?

genuineoriginal

So God imputed him with righteousness because he believed or because he obeyed? One is ten chapters later.

Abraham obeyed because he believed.
This is what Paul is emphasizing in his discussions on works and faith.

Abraham obeyed God because he knew God and respected Him and trusted in Him (faith).
Abraham did not obey God seeking a reward for his obedience (works).

When we obey God for the same reasons that Abraham did, it is counted as righteousness, even if we miss the mark as often as Abraham did. God looks favorably (grace) upon those that humble themselves to Him. (James 4:6)

When we obey God expecting Him to reward us for our works, we will not receive a reward because God brings low everyone that is proud.

God only gives rewards at His pleasure (grace).

He is not at our command to reward us for our works.

However, that does not mean that God will reward disobedience either, for He has no pleasure in wickedness.

We cannot earn God's rewards (eternal life) with our works (Romans 4:4).

We CAN earn God's favor (grace) through the attitude of our hearts as we obey Him (Luke 6:35)(Malachi 3:16) , and He is faithful to reward (eternal life) all those that please Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

We CANNOT keep God's favor (grace) without a humble heart. (1 Peter 5:6)
We CANNOT keep God's favor (grace) while continuing to be disobedient and rebellious (2 Peter 2:13).

This is the way to earn God's favor:

Habakkuk 3:17-18
17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.​

jeremysdemo

Choleric said:
So God imputed him with righteousness because he believed or because he obeyed? One is ten chapters later.

Abraham obeyed God because he knew God and respected Him and trusted in Him (faith).

that depends on if we think Jesus made a one time sacrifice or if he showed the the Way for others as well, John 14:6, Matthew 10:38.

or if we beleive Paul's gospel that we are also to be living sacrifices to God, Romans 12:1.

I don't think C has thought his theology all the way through, at least the gospel as it is biblically presented, otherwise he would know why it is the law of God is everlasting who it is for and how walking according to God's righteousness Ephesians 4:24 frees us from it.

for example, you are free from the penalty of adultery, when you commit no adultery, you are free from the fear of being put to death under the law when you live in accordance to the Spirit Romans 8:5 God's law written on the heart, Hebrews 10:16.

then you are the seed that fell on good soil Mark 4:8-9, not a hearer only, James 1:22.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Choleric

When we obey God for the same reasons that Abraham did, it is counted as righteousness, even if we miss the mark as often as Abraham did. God looks favorably (grace) upon those that humble themselves to Him. (James 4:6)

When we obey God expecting Him to reward us for our works, we will not receive a reward because God brings low everyone that is proud.

God only gives rewards at His pleasure (grace).

He is not at our command to reward us for our works.

However, that does not mean that God will reward disobedience either, for He has no pleasure in wickedness.

We cannot earn God's rewards (eternal life) with our works (Romans 4:4).

We CAN earn God's favor (grace) through the attitude of our hearts as we obey Him (Luke 6:35)(Malachi 3:16) , and He is faithful to reward (eternal life) all those that please Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

We CANNOT keep God's favor (grace) without a humble heart. (1 Peter 5:6)
We CANNOT keep God's favor (grace) while continuing to be disobedient and rebellious (2 Peter 2:13).

This is the way to earn God's favor:

Habakkuk 3:17-18
17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.​

So, we earn grace by our works? How is it then grace? So we try to
Be good and hope for the best?

Do you notice you always quote the OT and the gospels (also OT) when you discuss works? Why do you think that is?

In your estimation, what is the "good news"? Is it simply a switch from animal blood to Christ's blood?

What did David mean when he said "blessed is the man to whom God will not impute sin"?

jeremysdemo

So, we earn grace by our works? How is it then grace?

through faith, just like Paul said, Ephesians 2:8 which is a gift Romans 12:3. :duh:

how could a person who has his own list of who is a heretic on here not know this? :idunno:

Mark 1:15, time to start accepting and preaching the real gospel bro, before it is too late, Galatians 1:8. :thumb:

there is still time for oil to be stored up so you are ready when the groom comes Matthew 25:1-13. :)

keep shinin

Choleric

through faith, just like Paul said, Ephesians 2:8 which is a gift Romans 12:3. :duh:

So do you earn grace through faith or works? It is an either or question, not both as you erroneously assume. Rom 11:6

how could a person who has his own list of who is a heretic on here not know this? :idunno:

I know the answer, it is called leading a horse to water, or in your case, "stumbling at the stumbling stone"/

Mark 1:15, time to start accepting and preaching the real gospel bro, before it is too late, Galatians 1:8. :thumb:

You have no idea what the gospel is as you are about to demonstrate

there is still time for oil to be stored up so you are ready when the groom comes Matthew 25:1-13. :)

Matthew 25 occurs after Jesus takes His bride. Luke 12:36 (a parallel passage for Matthew 25) states clearly and unequivocally that Jesus "returns from a wedding". Matthew 25 has nothing to do with salvation in the church age.

The ten virgins are not the Bride. The bride is one, not 10 or 5. Learn your bible. Those women are waiting on the bridegroom, they are not all brides.

It is not too late for you. You can still be saved if you stop offering God your works.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
there is still time for oil to be stored up so you are ready when the groom comes Matthew 25:1-13.
Matthew 25 occurs after Jesus takes His bride. Luke 12:36 (a parallel passage for Matthew 25) states clearly and unequivocally that Jesus "returns from a wedding". Matthew 25 has nothing to do with salvation in the church age.

The ten virgins are not the Bride. The bride is one, not 10 or 5. Learn your bible. Those women are waiting on the bridegroom, they are not all brides.

it's called a parable about the Kingdom of Heaven. :)

it has metaphorical meanings beyond the numbers of people involved. :chuckle:

btw, this story from Matthew is not a parallel of that other in Luke, in fact it has no synopsis with any of the other 3 gospels. If your looking for the parallel to Luke 12:35-40 look at Matthew 24:43-44.

keep shinin

Last edited:

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
So, we earn grace by our works? How is it then grace?
through faith, just like Paul said, Ephesians 2:8 which is a gift Romans 12:3.
So do you earn grace through faith or works?

I don't know do you?

you're the one asking the stupid questions, IMHO :chuckle:

you want to know, just the read the passages you were given, the answer is there, if you are not too lazy to seek it, Matthew 7:7, I don't think they say anything about earning grace, but who knows what you could read into it without knowing the terms. ;)

a better question would have been, do we earn salvation? that answer also is in the passage from Ephesians. :readthis:

keep shinin

genuineoriginal

So, we earn grace by our works?
Grandpa, your bifocals seem to be fogged up, making it hard for you to read. I said:
We CAN earn God's favor (grace) through the attitude of our hearts as we obey Him.

This is the same thing God has said throughout all of scripture.
So do you earn grace through faith or works?
You can't have faith without works.

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.​

So, Paul was obviously comparing faith with works to works without faith in Romans 9:32

So we try to
Be good and hope for the best?
Pretty much, since we can't work our way into the kingdom, but have to rely on God's favor. (Esther 5:1-3)
If that scares you, then you are on the right track. (Philippians 2:12)(2 Peter 3:17)

1 Peter 1:13
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;​

Do you notice you always quote the OT and the gospels (also OT) when you discuss works? Why do you think that is?
I follow the example of Jesus and the apostles, who all quoted from the scriptures. (2 Timothy 3:16)

What did David mean when he said "blessed is the man to whom God will not impute sin"?
It means exactly what it says. The man that does not have his sin counted against him by God is blessed. Of course, you know that happens at the judgment. (Revelation 20:12)

In your estimation, what is the "good news"? Is it simply a switch from animal blood to Christ's blood?
No, that is the switch from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, and is actually incidental to the Gospel.

The Gospel is what Jesus preached.

Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.​

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.​

Acts 1:3
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:​

The Gospel is what the angel spoke.

Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

The Gospel is what was spoken of by Paul.

Acts 14:22
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.​

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.​

Acts 28:23
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.​

Phillip preached the Gospel.

Acts 8:12
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.​

The Gospel is what Peter preached.

2 Peter 1:11
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.​

Last edited:

Choleric

it's called a parable about the Kingdom of Heaven. :)

Yes which is the millennial reign of CHrist on earth

it has metaphorical meanings beyond the numbers of people involved. :chuckle:

and doctrinally it has one meaning. After the bride is taken and there is a wedding in heaven during the 7 years, He will return to earth. He will be gathering people to the marriage supper of the lamb. Those people are not and will never be the bride. Like John the Baptist, they will be friends of the bridegroom or guests. The doctrine for those outside the Bride is different than that for those in it.

btw, this story from Matthew is not a parallel of that other in Luke, in fact it has no synopsis with any of the other 3 gospels. If your looking for the parallel to Luke 12:35-40 look at Matthew 24:43-44.

keep shinin

Being most specific, you are correct. But as Matthew 25 is after and is a continuation of the same discourse, it is the same topic and timing and is after the Bride is complete and already married to Christ.

Therefore, Matthew 24-25 is not for the church.

jeremysdemo

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

keep shinin

Choleric

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

keep shinin

YEs, for doctrine. And the doctrine of those passages is post church age. Keep shinin :thumb:

jeremysdemo

keep shinin

Choleric

thank you for sharing your opinion on a parable with no parellel or synopsis do you feel better now?

So are you disagreeing with the doctrinal application of that parable?

Are you saying any of the following:

1) Jesus will not return
2) Jesus will not take His Bride
3) Jesus will not have a marriage
4) Jesus will not have a marriage supper
5) Is every person who is ever saved a part of the bride
6) there is no doctrinal application at all so we can just ignore it

Which part of the parable do you think is not doctrinally accurate?

Thanks.

Choleric

Grandpa, your bifocals seem to be fogged up, making it hard for you to read. I said:
We CAN earn God's favor (grace) through the attitude of our hearts as we obey Him.

So, in other words, if you get to heaven and someone else doesn't, it will be due to your obedience which causes God to look favorably upon you as you obey Him, correct?

How does that exclude boasting?

This is the same thing God has said throughout all of scripture.

You can't have faith without works.

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.​

That says nothing of how you are saved.
So, Paul was obviously comparing faith with works to works without faith in Romans 9:32

Paul was saying the opposite of what you are now saying. Look at the verse you listed. They sought it by works, didnt' get it.

Pretty much, since we can't work our way into the kingdom, but have to rely on God's favor. (Esther 5:1-3)
If that scares you, then you are on the right track. (Philippians 2:12)(2 Peter 3:17)

1 Peter 1:13
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;​

I am not trying to work my way in. I am already in. I have eternal life right now, I am passed from death to life and I am sealed unto the day of redemption. Jesus will not lose me and will not cast me out.

I follow the example of Jesus and the apostles, who all quoted from the scriptures. (2 Timothy 3:16)

My point was you quote a lot of OT and Gospels and apply those verses to the way people are saved today. Surely you realize the way God saves people today is different than the OT law. Remember, we are not under law, but under grace.

It means exactly what it says. The man that does not have his sin counted against him by God is blessed. Of course, you know that happens at the judgment. (Revelation 20:12)

Rev 20:12 is not for the church. That is the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:11) AFTER the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth (Rev 20:7). At that point, the Bride will have been complete for over 1,000 years.

I will be judged at the judgment seat of Christ (Rom 14:10, 2 Cor 5:10). My works will be judged and the only thing in question is my level of reward at the time, not whether I am saved or not. (1 Cor 3:15)

No, that is the switch from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, and is actually incidental to the Gospel.

But I am having a hard time discerning what you think the purpose of Jesus coming, bleeding, dying and rising was. It sounds like you don't think much has changed from the OC and that you see salvation as pretty much the same today as it was before the Cross.

The Gospel is what Jesus preached.
Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.​
[/BOX]

Ok, but that doesn't tell you what the gospel is, just that you are to believe it.

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.​

Acts 1:3
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:​

What did he preach about the kingdom of God?
The Gospel is what the angel spoke.

Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

This message, preached by the angel, is not the gospel for today. Notice the timing of Rev 14. The audience is the 144,000 that are saved during the Great Tribulation. The church has been raptured already, and married to Christ. People will be saved differently then than they are today.
The Gospel is what was spoken of by Paul.
Acts 14:22
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 5:5
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Acts 28:23
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.​

Getting closer

Phillip preached the Gospel.

Acts 8:12
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.​

The Gospel is what Peter preached.

2 Peter 1:11
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.​

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't listed what the gospel is. You have showed me places where it was preached, but you haven't shown me what was preached. Allow me to help:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

The gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

* -- We believe and we are baptized into Jesus: (Eph 5:30; 1 Cor 12:13),
* -- We become a part of His body (Eph 5:30)
* -- We are baptized into His death (Rom 6:3)
* -- We are buried with Him since we were baptized into Him (Rom 6:4)
* -- We are raised with Him since we were baptized into His body (Rom 6:4)
* -- Christ is seated in Heave (Eph 1:20) and since we were baptized into His body, we are also seated in heavenly places (Eph 2:6)
* -- I am sealed unto the day of redemption (2 Cor 1:22, Eph 1:13, Eph 4:30)
* -- Jesus will not lose any of His own (John 17:12),
* -- Jesus will never cast me out (John 6:37)
* -- He will never leave nor forsake me (Heb 13:15)
* -- My sins are covered in the Blood (Eph 1:7)
* -- and I know I have eternal life (1 Jn 5:13)

you can know today if you place all of your trust in His work on your behalf. Repent of your dead works and put your hope in God. Be Born again and rest from your work as God did from His

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
thank you for sharing your opinion on a parable with no parallel or synopsis do you feel better now?
So are you disagreeing with the doctrinal application of that parable?

Are you saying any of the following:

1) Jesus will not return

Which part of the parable do you think is not doctrinally accurate?

Thanks.

I did thank you for sharing your opinion, in that pos rep. :)

what more needs to be said?

I don't chase after the doctrines of men, Colossians 3:2, but look at the words of Jesus for what can be applied to me John 6:58, what light can be shined on my path, Matthew 7:24, some are wise that way, so opinions like mileage will vary, Matthew 13:11. ;)

what you are talking about any student of Hermetics (be he believer, agnostic, atheist) can string together and find parallels where no real literary one exist, idioms like bride, millennium, ect, to try and find some mystical meaning of spiritual occurrences and timelines in the never-world; what I am talking about when I give you a scripture, like this parable, is for use between you and the Spirit, it's personal, not scripturally analytical.

there is still time for oil to be stored up so you are ready when the groom comes Matthew 25:1-13.

keep shinin

Last edited:

Choleric

I don't chase after the doctrines of men, Colossians 3:2, but look at the words of Jesus for what can be applied to me John 6:58, what light can be shined on my path, Matthew 7:24, some are wise that way, so opinions like mileage will vary, Matthew 13:11. ;)

I am not asking you to chase after doctrines of men. I am asking you what you think is the purpose of those words being in your bible. They are not there to take up space, but rather for you to study and apply. If you fail to rightly divide, you come up with unbiblical doctrinal application.

what you are talking about any student of Hermetics (be he believer, agnostic, atheist) can string together and find parallels where no real literary one exist, idioms like bride, millennium, ect, to try and find some mystical meaning of spiritual occurrences and timelines in the never-world; what I am talking about when I give you a scripture, like this parable, is for use between you and the Spirit, it's personal, not scripturally analytical.

So in other words, you think the Holy Spirit used words flippantly? When the bible talks about the Bride of Christ, is that "mystical" or factual? Is Jesus return "mystical"? How do you determine what is fact and what is just "mystical?". The bride and millenium are "mystical idioms"? How did you determine that? Did you come to the passage and just decide, or did you study the word/teaching of the bride of CHrist in Scripture and determine it was just "mystical idion"?

The reason most people on this forum are so messed up doctrinally is that they refuse to study the bible and believe what they read.

When we are told the Son returns from a wedding, that is very significant. It is not happenstance or sloppy authorship. If you believe what you read, where you read it, you would be amazed at what God reveals.

If you refuse to look at it as doctrinal material, you will forever be stuck with "well I think" etc. God is much more specific than that. There is always a devotional application to all Scripture and of course there is the historical application. But the doctrinal application is as important and will tell you if/how the devotional application is made.

All Scripture is written for the Body, not all to the Body and certainly not all of it is "how to get saved" doctrinally for the church. Luke 12:36 clearly places Matthew 24-25 outside of the church age and is therefore irrelevant to Body of Christ salvation. You can apply it devotionally, but it is not doctrinally for the church.

Unless you believe:

1) Jesus will not return

It appears you are leaning heavily to #6. Explains a lot :thumb:

genuineoriginal

So, in other words, if you get to heaven and someone else doesn't, it will be due to your obedience which causes God to look favorably upon you as you obey Him, correct?

How does that exclude boasting?
Grandpa, your hearing aid is not working very well.

No one who consistantly disobeys God will be accepted for the kingdom.
Not everyone that obeys God will be accepted for the kingdom.
Only those who obey God with the faith Jesus had will be accepted for the kingdom.

Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​

If you are able to boast about how you obey God, then you are not doing it with the faith of Jesus.

Philippians 2:8
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Just how much boasting did Jesus do about His works?

John 14:10
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.​

I am not trying to work my way in.
Neither am I. The fact that you can't understand that does not bode well for you.

I am already in. I have eternal life right now, I am passed from death to life
No, you are not already in, you do not have eternal life right now, you have not passed from death to life.
If your name is written in the book of life when your time on earth is done, then you will be given eternal life and enter the kingdom in the day of redemption.
Until that time, you do not have eternal life. You will die and have to be resurrected before you will be given eternal life (or be given it in the rapture if you are still alive in the day of redemption).
Jesus can still blot your name out of the book of life if He decides you are not worthy of the kingdom.

My point was you quote a lot of OT and Gospels and apply those verses to the way people are saved today. Surely you realize the way God saves people today is different than the OT law. Remember, we are not under law, but under grace.
God did not change the way people are saved. It is the same as it was before the Old Covenant was made with the children of Israel at Horeb and in the land of Moab. It is still the same today. You must have your name written in the book of life to be saved. The only part of that which changed is that now Jesus who judges whether we will get our name written in the book of life. Jesus judges based on what He finds when He looks in our heart.

2 Corinthians 5:9,11
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.​

How are you laboring in order to be accepted by Christ?
Do you know the terror of the Lord?

jeremysdemo

The reason most people on this forum are so messed up doctrinally is that they refuse to study the bible and believe what they read.

I could not disagree more,

the reason people get messed up is because they reject the words of Jesus over their own lives and find other things "of this world" to chase after, other meanings to give them, :hammer: Matthew 7:26, they are building on sand.

keep shinin

genuineoriginal

You still haven't listed what the gospel is. You have showed me places where it was preached, but you haven't shown me what was preached.

The gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
The gospel is not the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus did not go around Judea preaching His own death, burial, and resurrection. Jesus preached the gospel.

Choleric

Almighty God said:
1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The gospel is not the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.

:AMR:

Jesus did not go around Judea preaching His own death, burial, and resurrection.

Jesus also didn't preach the gospel Paul preached. Jesus was also sent only to the Jew. (Matt 15:24)

The gospel Paul teaches did not go into effect until after the death and resurrection of Christ. (Heb 9:16-17)

You apparently have zero appreciation for the significance of the Cross and the changes it brought to the world.

Jesus preached the gospel.

Just because the word "gospel" appears in the sentence, does not mean the verse teaches what the gospel is. The verse you post above is an example.

Last edited: