The Sabbath is a What?

Choleric

I could not disagree more,

Which is why you are so confused doctrinally

the reason people get messed up is because they reject the words of Jesus over their own lives and find other things "of this world" to chase after, other meanings to give them, :hammer: Matthew 7:26, they are building on sand.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

The word "doctrine(s)" appears in the NT 49 times. Until you begin to appreciate the intricacy of the bible and the importance of doctrine, you will remain in the dark.

If you reject the message of Paul in favor of Jesus' teaching in Matthew 24-25 you will remain lost.

49 times. You have some catch up to do.

The very fact that you reject the simple, easy to understand doctrine of Luke 12:36 is a perfect example of why you have no idea how to rightly divide.

You apparently have very little desire to know what the bible teaches and are perfectly comfortable with whatever your imagination tells you. Fine by me.

Last edited:

Choleric

Grandpa, your hearing aid is not working very well.
We CAN earn God's favor (grace) through the attitude of our hearts as we obey Him.

I get it. You are earning God's grace by having a good attitude :rotfl:

No one who consistantly disobeys God will be accepted for the kingdom.
Not everyone that obeys God will be accepted for the kingdom.
Only those who obey God with the faith Jesus had will be accepted for the kingdom.

You have your dispensations mixed up

Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​

If you are able to boast about how you obey God, then you are not doing it with the faith of Jesus.

This is after the rapture of the church. You seem to continue to ignore that glaring fact.

Philippians 2:8
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Yes, that is part of the gospel, which I showed you from Scripture.

Just how much boasting did Jesus do about His works?

John 14:10
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.​

Jesus is the only man to ever live who lived a good enough life to earn salvation. He had the right to boast. You do not.
Neither am I. The fact that you can't understand that does not bode well for you.

But you repeatedly say people have to do things to be saved. Apparently you are insane or can't understand your own argument.

No, you are not already in, you do not have eternal life right now, you have not passed from death to life.

Why do you insist on calling God a liar?

If your name is written in the book of life when your time on earth is done, then you will be given eternal life and enter the kingdom in the day of redemption.

Wrong dispensation. You need to learn your bible.

Until that time, you do not have eternal life

Only, the bible tells me that I do, so I will go with God. Thanks though :thumb:

You will die and have to be resurrected before you will be given eternal life (or be given it in the rapture if you are still alive in the day of redemption).

:rotfl: You have no idea what you are talking about. You must rip pages out of your bible or something.

Jesus can still blot your name out of the book of life if He decides you are not worthy of the kingdom.

No, actually he can't. If He did, He would be a liar since He said He will lose none, never forsake me, and that I am passed from death to life. You are apparently comfortable calling God a liar. Precarious position you are in there. ;)

God did not change the way people are saved.

So Jesus died for nothing then? Man, you are quite appreciative of what Christ did for you aren't you? :rotfl:

It is the same as it was before the Old Covenant was made with the children of Israel at Horeb and in the land of Moab. It is still the same today. You must have your name written in the book of life to be saved. The only part of that which changed is that now Jesus who judges whether we will get our name written in the book of life. Jesus judges based on what He finds when He looks in our heart.

You are very confused. You need to study the bible more. Don't just read it, study it. There is a difference. The word "doctrine(s)" appears in the bible 49 times. you need to find out what it means.

2 Corinthians 5:9,11
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

How are you laboring in order to be accepted by Christ?
Do you know the terror of the Lord?

I will tell you what the bible says again, but you will reject it because you are more in love with your opinion than you are with what the doctrine of the bible teaches:

The judgment seat of Christ is a place for saved people. The verse you quote is written to saved people, who are the Bride of Christ. The Bride of Christ began after the death, and resurrection of Christ and will end at the rapture of the church. John the baptist is not a part of the Bride, he said He is a friend of the bridegroom. (John 3:29) At that point, the Bride will be complete and no person will ever be added to it. That Bride will be judged by Christ in heaven during the Great Tribulation. When believers get to the judgment seat of Christ, it is not to find out if they will get to heaven or not:

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

At this judgment, it is to judge the quality of the works, not whether or not they are saved.

The terror of the Lord is just that, it is the fear of the judgment seat of Christ, but it has nothing to do with fear of hell, as the bible teaches that though our works are burned up, "But he himself shall be saved".

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
the reason people get messed up is because they reject the words of Jesus over their own lives and find other things "of this world" to chase after, other meanings to give them, Matthew 7:26, they are building on sand.
The word "doctrine(s)" appears in the NT 49 times. Until you begin to appreciate the intricacy of the bible and the importance of doctrine, you will remain in the dark.

If you reject the message of Paul in favor of Jesus' teaching in Matthew 24-25 you will remain lost.

49 times. You have some catch up to do.

The very fact that you reject the simple, easy to understand doctrine of Luke 12:36 is a perfect example of why you have no idea how to rightly divide.

You apparently have very little desire to know what the bible teaches and are perfectly comfortable with whatever your imagination tells you. Fine by me.

my imagine need not tell me anything to have Gods word in my own heart, like the parable from Jesus, applied to myself (in Matthew 25:1-13), light on my path John 8:12, in my relationship with God's Spirit, of course for light to shine you need oil in the lamp, hence the analogy.... ;)

in fact it requires only to look inside and take head, hear the warnings of the Son of God and be obedient where the Spirit leads us away from temptation Matthew 6:13 as it gives us our daily bread, Matthew 6:11, John 6:35.

all these other things you are talking about, like doctrine (which is not even mentioned in the parable) require imagination, a great deal of it so much so it might be called embellishment in some circles....:chuckle:

you don't have to reject Paul's gospel to listen to what Jesus said or let it have any bearing/light/food for your daily walk, that fact that you think such an absurdity tells the readers a lot about you.:hammer:

so carry on with expanding your "doctrine" since that seems to be what is important to you....hopefully people still take you serious after this last post, otherwise your preachin' to the spiders..Matthew 5:13..:wave:

keep shinin

Choleric

my imagine need not tell me anything to have Gods word in my own heart, like the parable from Jesus, applied to myself (in Matthew 25:1-13), light on my path John 8:12, in my relationship with God's Spirit, of course for light to shine you need oil in the lamp, hence the analogy.... ;)

The parable of the ten virgins can be applied to anyone devotionally. I have said that repeatedly. You are either incompetent or purposely misrepresenting my views. All Scripture is for you, not all is doctrinally applied to you. If you want to apply that parable devotionally and say we need to abide in Christ etc, that is fine. If you apply it doctrinally to the church as a how to be saved, you are in error.

in fact it requires only to look inside and take head, hear the warnings of the Son of God and be obedient where the Spirit leads us away from temptation Matthew 6:13 as it gives us our daily bread, Matthew 6:11, John 6:35.

All Scripture is profitable, but doctrinally most of the gospels is not a how to on salvation for the church.

all these other things you are talking about, like doctrine (which is not even mentioned in the parable)

Remember that verse you keep quoting? "ALL SCRIPTURE IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE". Take your own advice. The word "doctrine" doesn't have to be in the verse for there to be a doctrinal application because all Scripture is profitable for doctrine.

require imagination, a great deal of it so much so it might be called embellishment in some circles....:chuckle:

So are you saying all Scripture is not profitable for doctrine? Are you arguing with God again?

So I ask you again, what part of my doctrinal application of Luke 12:36 is embellishment? I will give you some options, yet again, which you will ignore as your accusation has no basis in reality and to address this question causes you to face your heresy:

1) Jesus will not return
2) Jesus will not take His Bride
3) Jesus will not have a marriage
4) Jesus will not have a marriage supper
5) Is every person who is ever saved a part of the bride
6) there is no doctrinal application at all so we can just ignore it

you don't have to reject Paul's gospel to listen to what Jesus said or let it have any bearing/light/food for your daily walk, that fact that you think such an absurdity tells the readers a lot about you.:hammer:

Never said you had to ignore Jesus and I have repeatedly said that. Your inability to grasp that fact tells the readers a lot about you. But if you are trying to get saved in Matthew 24-25 you are barking up the wrong tree. I know that because I believe the bible.

so carry on with expanding your "doctrine" since that seems to be what is important to you....hopefully people still take you serious after this last post, otherwise your preachin' to the spiders..Matthew 5:13..:wave:

keep shinin

The word occurs 49 times. I think it is important to more than just me :thumb:

genuineoriginal

Almighty God said:
1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Just because the word "gospel" appears in the sentence, does not mean the verse teaches what the gospel is. The verse you post above is an example.

jeremysdemo

If you want to apply that parable devotionally and say we need to abide in Christ etc, that is fine.

that's all I was doing, and offering to you likewise :)

sorry if you missed that. :idunno:

it was you who went off on the doctrinal tangent and then admitted I was correct and the passage from Matthew 25 wasn't a parallel to Luke 12:35-40....

from the beginning it should have been read in the context of the post, that clearly defined it was presented in an existential manner- see Kierkegaard. ;)

keep shinin

genuineoriginal

I get it. You are earning God's grace by having a good attitude :rotfl:
No, you don't get it.

Luke 8:15
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

You have your dispensations mixed up
Exactly which stewardship over another's property do I have mixed up?

genuineoriginal

This is after the rapture of the church. You seem to continue to ignore that glaring fact.
This is talking about the church that is being raptured. You seem to have not been taught that.

But you repeatedly say people have to do things to be saved. Apparently you are insane or can't understand your own argument.
No, you are the one that is unable to understand. If that means you are insane, then it is you that made that call.

Why do you insist on calling God a liar?
God did not lie, but you twisted Paul's words to your own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

:rotfl: You have no idea what you are talking about. You must rip pages out of your bible or something.
No, only the MAD do that.

No, actually he can't. If He did, He would be a liar since He said He will lose none, never forsake me, and that I am passed from death to life.
If He couldn't blot your name out of the book of life, then He would be a liar, but He is not a liar and can blot your name out of the book of life.

You are very confused. You need to study the bible more. Don't just read it, study it. There is a difference.
Take your own advice. You have obviously studied what men teach, but you have not actually studied the scriptures from start to finish and attempted to understand how God deals with people, what He is looking for, and what He expects from those He deems worthy of the kingdom.

Choleric

Just because the word "gospel" appears in the sentence, does not mean the verse teaches what the gospel is. The verse you post above is an example.

:rotfl: you just don't like the bible do you? :rotfl:

You oppose yourself. When you end up in a lake of fire, you will have no one to blame but yourself.

God will say, "I told you the gospel wa the death, burial and resurrection. I talked about the death of my Son and his resurrection over and over in my word"

And you will say, "I didn't think you meant it. The OT said one thing and I believed that instead"

God will reply, "why do you think I sent my son? Apparently you think I was wasting my time"

You need to lay down your pride and realize that what you believe does not hold up to Scripture. You believe a false gospel. Stop calling God a liar.

Choleric

that's all I was doing, and offering to you likewise :)

sorry if you missed that. :idunno:

it was you who went off on the doctrinal tangent and then admitted I was correct and the passage from Matthew 25 wasn't a parallel to Luke 12:35-40....

You are like a child or something. You twist and distort or otherwise play dumb as if its going to matter.

I never said you were correct, I said the exact opposite liar. Matt 24 and 25 are ONE discourse. You are either incompetent or a complete idiot.

from the beginning it should have been read in the context of the post, that clearly defined it was presented in an existential manner- see Kierkegaard. ;)

Right: twist, distort, reword and hope no one notices you have no idea what you are talking about.

Choleric

This is talking about the church that is being raptured. You seem to have not been taught that.

And your ignorance of bible doctrine is on display again

No, you are the one that is unable to understand. If that means you are insane, then it is you that made that call.

:rotfl: ok, so then if a person is born again, they are saved "once for all"? You don't believe that Beelzebub, you will say, "no they have to ............(fill in the blank with your works)..........."

You believe YOU are going to save you. (With Gods help, of course). You are a heretic.

God did not lie, but you twisted Paul's words to your own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok satan. Lets play "hath God said".

God said I have passed from death to life. You say He is a liar.

God said I can know right now that I have eternal life. You say He is a liar.

God said I am not under the law. You say the law can still convict me. You say He is a liar.

God says the gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. You say God is a liar.

Your father the devil started out that way, "hath God said" and you are at it again.

No, only the MAD do that.

:rotfl: I have posted dozens and dozens of verses that show you are in error. You don't address any, you ignore and eliminate. Like when Jesus said I am passes from death to life. You eliminate that verse because it doesn't let you work for your salvation.

If He couldn't blot your name out of the book of life, then He would be a liar, but He is not a liar and can blot your name out of the book of life.

:rotfl: you are a riot.

Take your own advice. You have obviously studied what men teach, but you have not actually studied the scriptures from start to finish and attempted to understand how God deals with people, what He is looking for, and what He expects from those He deems worthy of the kingdom.

You are a heretic if there ever was one. Believe it or not, Jesus' death changed everything. The plan of salvation for Bride of Christ is without works. It is by grace alone without works to all them that believe. Those that look to Jesus like those looked to the serpent lifted up are Born again. We are then baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. We then experience his death, his burial and his resurrection. We are IN HIM. We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance. We are passes from death to life and Jesus will lose none of those the Father gives Him. We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ and we will be found in His righteousness and not our own. It is imputed as a gift. We know we have eternal life because the promise is sure because it depends on God keeping His word and not on me.

That is all in the bible. You either believe it or get a magic marker and start scratching out verses.

Study to show thyself approved rightly DIVIDING the scriptures. All of it is to you, not all of it shows you how to be saved in this age of grace.

Get Born again and receive the imputed
Righteousness of Jesus Christ. Trying to earn it is the broad road that seems right to you but will land you in a lake of fire.

genuineoriginal

You oppose yourself. When you end up in a lake of fire, you will have no one to blame but yourself.
Everyone that ends up in the lake of fire has no one to blame but themselves.

Romans 2:7-8,12,16
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.​

genuineoriginal

ok, so then if a person is born again, they are saved "once for all"?
You do like to twist the scripture.

You believe YOU are going to save you. (With Gods help, of course).
Grandpa, put in your hearing aids and put on your glasses, you seem to be having a hard time hearing and seeing.

I can not save myself, but I can make myself unworthy of the kingdom and by so doing I can damn myself.
You are teaching others to not worry about becoming unworthy of the kingdom, and are damning others by doing that.

God said I have passed from death to life. You say He is a liar.
No, you said you passed from death to life, and I say you are a liar, as it is written:

1 John 3:14-15
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.​

Leviticus 19:17
17 You shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.​

The plan of salvation for Bride of Christ is without works. It is by grace alone without works to all them that believe. Those that look to Jesus like those looked to the serpent lifted up are Born again. We are then baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. We then experience his death, his burial and his resurrection. We are IN HIM. We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance. We are passes from death to life and Jesus will lose none of those the Father gives Him. We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ and we will be found in His righteousness and not our own. It is imputed as a gift. We know we have eternal life because the promise is sure because it depends on God keeping His word and not on me.
Oh, you poor, poor man. You put so much faith in the false teachings that have sprung up in the church, and have missed the truth that is found in the scriptures.

Revelation 3:17,19
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.​

The Bible does not teach that you are to chant the magic phrase (sinner's prayer) and then return to your former life secure in the knowledge that you bought your salvation and no longer have to worry about what God thinks of your idolatry and wickedness.

James 1:23-25
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.​

Choleric

Everyone that ends up in the lake of fire has no one to blame but themselves.

That might be the first correct thing you have uttered

Romans 2:7-8,12,16
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.​

Bible rejectors are good at taking verses out of context. If bible rejectors got together, you might be king.

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 2 is not a how to on salvation. It is Paul building a case that all are guilty. He concludes in 3:23 with "all have sinned". At that point, your works are useless. You need blood to cover your sin and you need someone elses righteousness imputed to you since yours is unworthy of the kingdom.

You of course reject that since it's in the bible. But it is there anyway, somewhere underneath the black marker that your bible is riddled with.

Choleric

You do like to twist the scripture.

:rotfl: Only satan calls believing the bible "twisting" the scripture. Allow me to throw salt on your wounds heretic:

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb_10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

This is the part where you call God a liar. "Hath God said" :rotfl:

Grandpa, put in your hearing aids and put on your glasses, you seem to be having a hard time hearing and seeing.

I can not save myself, but I can make myself unworthy of the kingdom and by so doing I can damn myself.
You are teaching others to not worry about becoming unworthy of the kingdom, and are damning others by doing that.

That sure is a lot of boasting, satan. You must be busy earning all that salvation.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

So you are saved by doing good things so God looks favorably on you? Why don't you post a verse after the resurrection that says that?

Try 2 Hesitations 6:66
No, you said you passed from death to life, and I say you are a liar, as it is written:

1 John 3:14-15
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.​

Leviticus 19:17
17 You shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.​

:rotfl: Your claim is that no person can know they are saved until they die and if they had a good enough attitude, then God MIGHT look favorably on them and maybe they will be saved.

I have shown you verses that show you are a liar. Saved people have passed from death to life. They are not waiting and hoping, they know they have it already and God says so. You disagree, calling God a liar.....Hath God said????

Originally Posted by Choleric said:
View Post
The plan of salvation for Bride of Christ is without works. It is by grace alone without works to all them that believe. Those that look to Jesus like those looked to the serpent lifted up are Born again. We are then baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. We then experience his death, his burial and his resurrection. We are IN HIM. We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance. We are passes from death to life and Jesus will lose none of those the Father gives Him. We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ and we will be found in His righteousness and not our own. It is imputed as a gift. We know we have eternal life because the promise is sure because it depends on God keeping His word and not on me.

Oh, you poor, poor man. You put so much faith in the false teachings that have sprung up in the church, and have missed the truth that is found in the scriptures.

Revelation 3:17,19
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:​

:rotfl: Once again you ignore dozens of verses and then take one out of context to make your argument. You are a complete bible illiterate.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
The Bible does not teach that you are to chant the magic phrase (sinner's prayer) and then return to your former life secure in the knowledge that you bought your salvation and no longer have to worry about what God thinks of your idolatry and wickedness.

Building a case against a straw man are we? I don't blame you, you certainly don't have any bible to make your case.

James 1:23-25
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.​

None of that contradicts the dozens of verses I have shown you that shows what I have shown you. Allow me to do it again with more detail. At the very least, it might point you to some verses you haven't got around to deleting from your bible yet.

The plan of salvation for Bride of Christ is without works. (Tit 3:5, Eph 2:9, Rom 4:6,11 2 Cor 5:21)
Attempting to work for it excludes you from getting it (Rom 4:5)
It is by grace alone without works to all them that believe. (Rom 3:20-21,27, Eph 2:8-9)
Those that look to Jesus like those looked to the serpent lifted up are Born again. (John 3:3, 14-16, 1 Pet 1:23)
We are then baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ.(1 Cor 12:13)
We then experience his death, (Rom 6:3-6)
his burial (Rom 6:4, Col 2:12,
and his resurrection. (Eph 2:5-6,
We are IN HIM. (Col 3:3, Col 2:12, Col 3:1)
We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, (Eph 1:13, Eph 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22)
which is the earnest of our inheritance. (Eph 1:14, 2 Cor 1:22)
We are passed from death to life (John 5:24, 1 Jn 3:14)
and Jesus will lose none of those the Father gives Him. (John 17:12)
We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ (Rom 4:22-24, Rom 5:13, James 2:23)
We are accepted of the Father because we are IN HIM (Eph 1:6)
and we will be found in His righteousness and not our own. (Phil 3:9)
It is imputed as a gift. (2 Cor 9:15, Rom 6:23, Rom 5:17-18, Eph 2:8)
We know we have eternal life (1 Jn 5:13)
because the promise is sure (Rom 4:16)
because it depends on God keeping His word and not on me.(2 Tim 1:12)[/quote]

You will simply ignore all of that Scripture. You will not exegete any verse and tell me how it is applied wrong. YOu will simply ignore it in favor of your heretical stance of works:

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

You are clearly ignorant of the righteousness of God, and how you need it, or how to get it and what it means. You are attempting to establish your own worthiness before God and it is "filthy rags".

Repent of your heresy and trust Christ alone. God will give you the life Christ lived as imputed righteousness to your account, blotting out your sins and perfect you forever.

Or you can reject it and go on trying to be good enough. Your call :plain:

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
that's all I was doing, and offering to you likewise

sorry if you missed that.

You are like a child or something. You twist and distort or otherwise play dumb as if its going to matter.

I never said you were correct, I said the exact opposite liar.

you're a funny guy, due at least try and keep your story straight :rotfl:

jeremysdemo said:
btw, this story from Matthew is not a parallel of that other in Luke, in fact it has no synopsis with any of the other 3 gospels. If your looking for the parallel to Luke 12:35-40 look at Matthew 24:43-44.
Being most specific, you are correct...post

keep shinin

jeremysdemo

there he goes adding that "grace alone" doctrine of the wind again...

Geez C, when you are done rewriting the Bible let us know, until then (and even after you are done) I'm sticking with by grace through faith.... :)

your gonna have to get up a little earlier, do a few more push ups and eat a whole box of wheaties, even then you ain't got much of a chance of sliding ones like that by us, we know what the Bible does say, as much as that upsets you to the point of calling us names you are kicking against the pricks. :eek:

keep shinin

jeremysdemo

wonder why you cut my response off? we all know :thumb:

because the relevant contradiction was in the first part?

we all know you went off on a doctrinal tangent, that was covered pretty well already in other post. :)

it was completely unrelated to the passage in the context of the post it was given in, which was for personal devotional application.

HEy, if I don't see you later have a good weekend C, :wave2:

keep shinin