ECT SO WHERE IS CORNELIUS NOW , IN THE KINGDOM OR THE B O C ??

turbosixx

The earthly kingdom will not be at hand until the Lord Jesus returns to the earth:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand" (Mt.21:27-31).​

What do you make of the verse you left off of that passage?

32 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place.

turbosixx

Because confusion reigns with you and your traditions.

I'm willing to hear what you understand Jesus is describing.

4 And when a great crowd was gathering and people from town after town came to him, he said in a parable, 5 “A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell along the path and was trampled underfoot, and the birds of the air devoured it. 6 And some fell on the rock, and as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up with it and choked it. 8 And some fell into good soil and grew and yielded a hundredfold.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

turbosixx

When it says " in the midst of you", do you think that means it is in the heart and mind only, but not a real place?
I can't go much further with ya till I know if that is what you think.

This is my current understanding of that passage, paraphrased.

The Pharisees were wanting to know what to look for so they would know the kingdom was being established. I believe Jesus is telling them it's being established right in front of you now.

I see this as evidence it's being established before their eyes.
Lk. 11:19 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. 20 But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

DAN P

This is my current understanding of that passage, paraphrased.

The Pharisees were wanting to know what to look for so they would know the kingdom was being established. I believe Jesus is telling them it's being established right in front of you now.

I see this as evidence it's being established before their eyes.
Lk. 11:19 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. 20 But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Hi and the Kingdom of Heaven IS /ENTO , which means , that the Kingdom is in your MIDST , which MEANS that Jesus is the KINGDOM !!

In Luke 17:21 , is in your MIDST !!

dan p

turbosixx

which MEANS that Jesus is the KINGDOM !!
How is Jesus like the ten virgins?

Matt. 25:1“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. 6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7 Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’ 12 But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

turbosixx

And Christ will reign with Israel during the Millennium , Rev 20:4 and 22:5 !!

dan p

So is it after the Millennium that the kingdom is taken from the Jews and given to other people?

Matt. 21:43 Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits.

Jerry Shugart

What do you make of the verse you left off of that passage?

32 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place.

So do you actually think that the following happened in the first century?:

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"
(Mt.24:30).​

The verse you quote is obviously not translated correctly.

Jerry Shugart

Do you have a verse after his DBR that shows still looking forward to the kingdom?

After the DBR the Apostle Peter offered the kingdom to the Jews here:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"
(Acts 3:19-21).​

Right Divider

Body part
I'm willing to hear what you understand Jesus is describing.

4 And when a great crowd was gathering and people from town after town came to him, he said in a parable, 5 “A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell along the path and was trampled underfoot, and the birds of the air devoured it. 6 And some fell on the rock, and as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up with it and choked it. 8 And some fell into good soil and grew and yielded a hundredfold.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”
For YEARS now you've feigned your "I want to understand" and yet you will not listen.

These are all about the kingdom to come.

Right Divider

Body part
Matt. 6 is before Jesus' DBR. Do you have a verse after his DBR that shows still looking forward to the kingdom?
Your tactics will not work on those that know the entire Bible and what it all means.

Jesus explained the future quite clearly.

Matt 25:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

DAN P

So is it after the Millennium that the kingdom is taken from the Jews and given to other people?

Matt. 21:43 Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits.

Hi and in Matt 21:43 the Pharisees new in verse 45 they would be loosing the Kingdom !!

In Luke 12:32 the Little flock , the 12 apostles would then be given the Kingdom !!

dan p

Derf

Matt. 6 is before Jesus' DBR. Do you have a verse after his DBR that shows still looking forward to the kingdom?

How about:
Rom 14:17
1Co 4:20
1Co 6:9
1Co 6:10
1Co 15:24
1Co 15:50
Gal 5:21
Eph 5:5
Col 1:13
Col 4:11
1Th 2:12
2Th 1:5
2Ti 4:1
2Ti 4:18

But they show that the kingdom, including the body of Christ, is both an unrealized certainty, as well as a current reality. How the different roles work out is fodder for great discussion, if we can stay away from bickering.

turbosixx

So do you actually think that the following happened in the first century?:
I do for a couple of reasons. First, that's what it says. Some will try and change the word "generation" but the Greek word used there is clear that it's a generation and not a race of people. A race of people makes ZERO sense.

Second, all the other supporting verses that agree with the kingdom being established soon. For example:
Mk. 1:14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Mk. 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.”

So I see there are possibly two difficult sayings in that passage. Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory and this generation will not pass away until all has taken place

The way I see it, the latter is plain language and not hard to understand. The former, if we keep it in context, I believe it's hyperbole pointing to a huge event. I would suggest the destruction of Jerusalem. If we look at Matthews version of the prior verse it says the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken

Similar language was used by Joel for the out pouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost but I don't believe these things actually happened, I believe it's hyperbole.
Acts 2:16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"
(Mt.24:30).​

The verse you quote is obviously not translated correctly.

I'm willing to consider how you see it.

Thanks

turbosixx

After the DBR the Apostle Peter offered the kingdom to the Jews here:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"
(Acts 3:19-21).​

I agree. What does "be converted" mean to you?

turbosixx

Your tactics will not work on those that know the entire Bible and what it all means.

Jesus explained the future quite clearly.

Matt 25:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

I agree this is future but I understand it to be the final judgment based on where those he separates end up.

Speaking of sitting on David's throne. This is what Peter says about it after Jesus' DBR.
Acts 2:29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

We see after Jesus' DBR, Jesus is given ALL authority in heaven and earth, Matt. 28:18.

Then Peter says because he was resurrected and sits at the right hand of God that God has made him Lord and Christ.
2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
He is the anointed, he is king.

I'm no expert but I know the whole bible and do my best to have agreement with all the scriptures. I see in the OT that God's desire is for him to rule his people from heaven, not from earth. When the Jews wanted a king they wanted to be like nations around them and God was displeased. He said they rejected him as king.
1 Sam. 8:7 And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.

Man cannot build a house to contain God. Earth is his footstool.

David ruled God's people form Jerusalem. God's peoples Jerusalem is in heaven.
Gal. 4:26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.
That is where Jesus is ruling God's people. We have been added to his kingdom, Co. 1:13.

turbosixx

Hi and in Matt 21:43 the Pharisees new in verse 45 they would be loosing the Kingdom !!
So if it was going to another people, when did the other people get it?

In Luke 12:32 the Little flock , the 12 apostles would then be given the Kingdom !!

dan p

Yes, and Jesus said he would give Peter the keys to the kingdom. Do we ever see Peter using those keys?