ECT SO WHERE IS CORNELIUS NOW , IN THE KINGDOM OR THE B O C ??

God's Truth

Because confusion reigns with you and your traditions.

Read the WHOLE Bible and it's easy to see that God promised THEM (Israel) a kingdom on the earth. Jesus told THEM to pray for it in Matthew 6:10

While we live on earth, the kingdom of God is within.

It is about being reconciled to God by having the Holy Spirit inside you, and the saved being put in Jesus.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't even see that you mock Jesus.
You mock Jesus and scripture.
You contradict your own self by saying to obey everything Jesus said.
When you are shown precisely why that statement is wrong, you would respond with "It's NEVER wrong to obey Jesus", which is also shown to be an incorrect statement due to Jesus commanding His followers to not tell anyone he was Jesus the Christ.
Face it, GT, not everything Jesus said is to be obeyed by us.

God's Truth

The problem is that people who have believed the gospel have also been told many things about the Scriptures which are not true. And in a lot of instances those people cling to the false teachings they have received even when the truth is revealed to them.

A good example of that is in regard to the place of water baptism today. Paul tells us that today there is only "one baptism" (Eph.4:5) and that has to be the baptism performed by the Holy Spirit when believers are baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13).

Despite these spiritual truths many believers deny the plain teaching of the Scriptures on this subject and insist that today there are "two baptisms."

There is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit, but that baptism is given to those who humble themselves as a small child which means to be a person that is willing to do anything and everything that God says, just like a good child with his parents. One of the things that God says to do is to get water baptized. We have to obey by getting water baptized just like we have to obey and abstain from adultery and stealing, etc.

God's Truth

In the first century the middle wall of partition between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers was broken down and both groups were made members of the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:14-16).​

All the believing Jews and all the believing Gentiles were made "one," members of the Body of Christ.

That is right; and, the Jews who were not cut off when Jesus came to earth, those are the Jews that were already saved and now they had to go through Jesus. Jesus put people in him when he walked the earth.

God's Truth

You mock Jesus and scripture.
You contradict your own self by saying to obey everything Jesus said.
When you are shown precisely why that statement is wrong, you would respond with "It's NEVER wrong to obey Jesus", which is also shown to be an incorrect statement due to Jesus commanding His followers to not tell anyone he was Jesus the Christ.
Face it, GT, not everything Jesus said is to be obeyed by us.

That is too goofy to even respond to.

Jesus came and gave the rules and guidelines to get in the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus said the kingdom was at hank and described it many times. Do those descriptions look like this earthly kingdom you envision or the church?

Here is one example:
Lk. 17:20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

When it says " in the midst of you", do you think that means it is in the heart and mind only, but not a real place?
I can't go much further with ya till I know if that is what you think.

God's Truth

The Restoration of Israel

Ezekiel 34:11 For thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day.

That has already happened when Jesus came.

13 I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land.

Jesus feeds us with the word of God.

14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and their grazing ground will be on the mountain heights of Israel. There they will lie down on good grazing ground and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock and I will lead them to rest,” declares the Lord God. 16 “I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with judgment.

17 “As for you, My flock, thus says the Lord God, ‘Behold, I will judge between one sheep and another, between the rams and the male goats. 18 Is it too slight a thing for you that you should feed in the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the rest of your pastures? Or that you should drink of the clear waters, that you must foul the rest with your feet? 19 As for My flock, they must eat what you tread down with your feet and drink what you foul with your feet!’”

Jesus is the Rest.

20 Therefore, thus says the Lord God to them, “Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you push with side and with shoulder, and thrust at all the weak with your horns until you have scattered them abroad, 22 therefore, I will deliver My flock, and they will no longer be a prey; and I will judge between one sheep and another.

23 “Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24 And I, the Lord, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the Lord have spoken.

25 “I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. 26 I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing. 27 Also the tree of the field will yield its fruit and the earth will yield its increase, and they will be secure on their land. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bars of their yoke and have delivered them from the hand of those who enslaved them. 28 They will no longer be a prey to the nations, and the beasts of the earth will not devour them; but they will live securely, and no one will make them afraid. 29 I will establish for them a renowned planting place, and they will not again be victims of famine in the land, and they will not endure the insults of the nations anymore. 30 Then they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are My people,” declares the Lord God. 31 “As for you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, you are men, and I am your God,” declares the Lord God.

God's Truth

When it says " in the midst of you", do you think that means it is in the heart and mind only, but not a real place?
I can't go much further with ya till I know if that is what you think.

We are reconciled to God by receiving the Holy Spirit, not by being in earthy land called Israel.

God's Truth

Jesus said he came to fulfill. Jesus did what he came to do.

Jesus said it was finished.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

God's Truth

Acts 1:6
(1:6) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Read what Jesus tells them. He tells them to wait for the Holy Spirit that will give them power.

Power to do what?

Power to preach the message that will save people and give them the Holy Spirit!!!

THAT IS THE RESTORATION.

We are restored when we are reconciled to God.

Being reconciled to God happens when Jesus lives in you and you in him.

God's Truth

Those saved have the kingdom of heaven inside them.

We receive the kingdom of heaven when we receive the Holy Spirit. We recieve the Holy Spirit when we are saved.

The time came to receive the kingdom of heaven when John the baptizer came, for we must repent of our sins to be saved and receive the kingdom of heaven.

See Matthew 17:11-12.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

Ephesians 1:10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

(That is about Jesus appearing the first time.)

Jesus says all things are restored, see Matthew 17:11-12; and Mark 9:12. David’s fallen tent is restored see Acts 15:16.

Jesus came and fulfilled what was written.
Read Amos 9:11-12.

Matthew 5:21 "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.'

When people come to Jesus in faith, they are being restored. Jesus is at the right hand of the Father interceding for us, he lives to intercede for us. We are being reconciled unto God. The ministry of the Apostles is the ministry of RECONCILIATION. See 2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Romans 8:34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Jerry Shugart

For one thing... Jesus sitting on the THRONE OF HIS FATHER DAVID.

No, He is now sitting at the throne of His Father (Rev.3:21). That throne existed before the world was while the throne of David did not begin until the 10th century BC.

Can you not tell the difference?

john w

Hall of Fame
The kingdom is the body of Christ.

Exodus 19:6 KJV And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Your made up version:

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me the body of Christ of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel,which is the body of Christ.

Matthew 3:2 KJV And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Your made up version:

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the body of Christ is at hand.

Luke 12:32 KJV Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Your made up version:

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the body of Christ.

Sober up.

Last edited:

DAN P

I did reply. Cornelius in is the kingdom of heaven, the body of Christ.

Hi , GT and you are right , Cornelius is in the KINGDOM of Heaven !!

But the Kingdom of Heaven is NOT the B O C , and is just NUGATORY to say the least !!

dan p

Last edited: