ECT Scriptures against the false pre-tribulation rapture doctrine

genuineoriginal

Er, no.

Jesus made it clear that "living water" was the Holy Spirit.

Jesus told the woman at the well that if she drank the living water He gave her, she would never thirst again.

Drinking water from a river does not make you never thirst again.

Maybe if you stopped thinking in the flesh, and looked to the spirit, you would see that "living water" is the Holy Spirit, and not water found in rivers, streams, creeks, etc.
Jesus made it clear that the living water He would give is the Holy Spirit by using living water found in streams, lakes, and wells as an analogy when speaking of the Holy Spirit.

It was an appropriate analogy because the phrase living water was well known to refer to rivers, lakes with both water coming in and water going out, and wells with a constant supply of new water.

You seem to have forgotten that Israel was a land where water has always been a scarce resource, and the difference between stagnant water and living water was well known to the people living in the time of Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus made it clear that the living water He would give is the Holy Spirit by using living water found in streams, lakes, and wells as an analogy when speaking of the Holy Spirit.

It was an appropriate analogy because the phrase living water was well known to refer to rivers, lakes with both water coming in and water going out, and wells with a constant supply of new water.

You seem to have forgotten that Israel was a land where water has always been a scarce resource, and the difference between stagnant water and living water was well known to the people living in the time of Jesus.

Once again, you look to the flesh instead of the spirit.

The analogy has nothing to do with water in a cistern vs. water from a river.

The analogy is about being thirsty.

I don't care what kind of water you drink, eventually you will become thirsty again.

When a believer is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, the believer never becomes thirsty again. (That doesn't mean the believer never literally becomes thirsty again)

genuineoriginal

(Heb 8:13) By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

The NC has replaced the OC.

Yet for some reason, you still want to live in an obsolete and outdated covenant that disappeared for good in 70AD.
I see you are proud that you follow the false theology of Replacement Theology.

You seem to be under the delusion that God broke off His promises to the children of Israel but we still can trust that God will keep His promises to Christians.

God's promises to the children of Israel have not been made void by the institution of the New Covenant.

The New Covenant is one of the promises God made to the children of Israel.

Jeremiah 31:31-37
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.​

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see you are proud that you follow the false theology of Replacement Theology.

It has nothing to do with pride. I understand that the OC has been replaced by a much better NC.

You seem to be under the delusion that God broke off His promises to the children of Israel but we still can trust that God will keep His promises to Christians.

God didn't break any promises. All the promises were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Again, you look to the flesh instead of the spirit.

God's promises to the children of Israel have not been made void by the institution of the New Covenant.

The NC was part of the promise. The promise of a NC was kept. The NC was put in place by the shed blood of Christ Jesus.

Do you deny the NC is in place?

The New Covenant is one of the promises God made to the children of Israel.

So was Jesus.

Jesus was promised to the children of Israel.

Part of the mystery is that the Gentiles became fellowheirs, and all who have faith in Christ Jesus are children of Abraham, the Israel of God.

genuineoriginal

Once again, you look to the flesh instead of the spirit.

The analogy has nothing to do with water in a cistern vs. water from a river.
Of course it does.

Jeremiah 2:13
13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.​

genuineoriginal

Nope, I say it as fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

For example: Christ Jesus is the Promised Land. Only those in Christ are given rest.
You are trying to make God's promise of the land a broken promise by allegorizing it away.
I suppose you have also allegorized away the promise of eternal life into the life we are currently living.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course it does.

Jeremiah 2:13
13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.​

It's not literal. It's a metaphor.

God was not a literal fountain of living waters in the days before Jeremiah that the Israelites drank from, and the Jews who turned from God didn't literally make cisterns that couldn't hold water.

Yet for some reason you think that one day in the future there is going to be two literal rivers flowing out of Jerusalem despite the fact that it is LITERALLY impossible due to elevations.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's not literal. It's a metaphor.

God was not a literal fountain of living waters in the days before Jeremiah that the Israelites drank from, and the Jews who turned from God didn't literally make cisterns that couldn't hold water.

Yet for some reason you think that one day in the future there is going to be two literal rivers flowing out of Jerusalem despite the fact that it is LITERALLY impossible due to elevations.

Tet believes that GOD can't change elevations.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are trying to make God's promise of the land a broken promise by allegorizing it away.

Saying the prophecies were fulfilled in Christ Jesus is not allegorizing.

Why won't you answer the question about JTB and the paved highway in the desert, and the mountains and hills being leveled?

Did those things literally happen in the days of JTB?

If not, why not?

I suppose you have also allegorized away the promise of eternal life into the life we are currently living.

Huh?

The Apostle Paul tells us we are ambassadors in Christ while on planet earth, and that our citizenship is in Heaven. When I die, I will instantly be in the presence of the Lord, in the kingdom, NEVER to return to planet earth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet believes that GOD can't change elevations.

Maybe you will attempt to answer the questions.

(Isaiah 40:3,4) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Did JTB pave a straight highway in the desert for God?

Did every mountain and hill become low during the ministry of JTB?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe you will attempt to answer the questions.

(Isaiah 40:3,4) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Did JTB pave a straight highway in the desert for God?

Did every mountain and hill become low during the ministry of JTB?

In relation to the ministry of JTB, obviously metaphorical.

OCTOBER23

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME AGAIN ?????

JTB will pave a highway in the desert.

Isaiah 19:23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria,

and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria,

and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

genuineoriginal

So you would agree with me that the following statement by genuineoriginal is false:
prophecies must be physically fulfilled otherwise they become false prophecies.

Agree?

This is the truth stated in the Bible:

Deuteronomy 18:22
22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.​

Prophecies are often spoken of in allegories, but the fulfillment is always physical.

Here is an example of an allegorical prophecy:

Daniel 8:6-8
6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.
7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.
8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.​

The prophecy had a physical fulfillment:

Daniel 8:20-22
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.​