Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I figured you'd dodge because I haven't misrepresented your views and everyone knows it. :up:

Right here: "Stripe [has] made it clear that [he doesn't] want the same standards applied to alcohol and tobacco."

Quote me saying anything remotely connected to this what you can't that's right because it never happened.

Put down the joint and learn to engage sensibly. :thumb:

WizardofOz

Men make up rules to justify their behavior. Look at the people. I bet you can't find anyone wanting a change who thinks pot should be legal for medical use but not for recreational use.

Do you think pot for health is OK, but not for pleasure?

I think it's a godsend for many people in regards to health care and mostly harmless for pleasure.

Still a non-answer. When you have a headache or muscle pain, etc do you take a pain reliever? Do you recognize that there is an opioid epidemic with thousands dying from accidental overdose? If that same person could manage their pain with a non-lethal and far less addictive alternative, wouldn't that be preferred?
Life is pain, Princess. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.

Also a non-answer.

No.

The point was that pot for health reasons is used to allow potheads their addiction without legal repercussions.

You're conflating medicinal use with recreational use. With the use of CBD and the way certain strains are grown, pain and other ailments (seizures in children) can be treated without any "high" side effect.

There are very real medicinal applications for this cheap drug. It absolutely should be legal and controlled like alcohol and tobacco.

There's one.

Get him on here to make the case that the fight to decriminalize pot is entirely about medical needs.

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Or, :idea: you could have looked his views up yourself in just a few minutes.

“We’ve got to do everything we can to stop this vicious epidemic,” the governor said as he signed the bill into law on Chicago’s West Side on Tuesday. “… We are creating an alternative to opioid addiction. … It’s clear that medical marijuana treats pain effectively, and is less addictive and disruptive than opioids.”

Dr. Nirav Shah, director of the Illinois Department of Public Health, said research has shown clear evidence that marijuana can be effective for treating pain and can reduce opioid use and opioid overdose deaths. He cited a National Academy of Sciences review that found “substantial evidence“ that marijuana is effective for treating chronic pain in adults.

“And initiatives like this frankly just makes sense,” Shah said.

“Now those suffering from pain can opt for medical marijuana — which has zero deaths related to overdose — over opioids,” he said. “Numerous studies show that marijuana is effective at treating pain and we are thrilled the people of Illinois will now have that choice.”

One patient at the signing did credit medical marijuana with helping her get off opioid drugs. Melissa Hallbeck, 41, of Sugar Grove, who is co-founder of the Midwest Cannabis Education Conference, said she was addicted to Norco after multiple surgeries for interstitial cystitis, which caused severe pelvic pain.

Non-psychoactive cannabis oil allowed her to work again and take care of her 6-year-old daughter.

“It’s given me my life back,” she said.

Here
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gov. Bruce Rauner is taking a blunt stance, telling a Downstate TV station that it would be a “mistake” to legalize marijuana in Illinois.

“I do not support legalizing marijuana. I think that’s a mistake. You know there’s a massive, human experiment going on in Colorado, and California, other places. We should see how that’s impacted lives and addiction and hurt young people before we make any decision about it here,” Rauner said in an interview on WSIL in Marion. “I do not support legalizing marijuana.”

Here

Rauner said both that "It’s clear that medical marijuana treats pain effectively, and is less addictive and disruptive than opioids.” He also stated “I do not support legalizing marijuana. I think that’s a mistake." So, for him, it seems that it's only about medical needs and the problem people clearly have with opioid addiction.

Now, would you prefer that Melissa Hallbeck take opioids for her pain management or use medical marijuana?

Maybe you would tell her "life is pain, Princess. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something."

Cause, that would be helpful. :plain:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think it's a godsend for many people in regards to health care and mostly harmless for pleasure.

Also a non-answer.

You're conflating medicinal use with recreational use. With the use of CBD and the way certain strains are grown, pain and other ailments (seizures in children) can be treated without any "high" side effect.

There are very real medicinal applications for this cheap drug. It absolutely should be legal and controlled like alcohol and tobacco.

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Or, :idea: you could have looked his views up yourself in just a few minutes.

“We’ve got to do everything we can to stop this vicious epidemic,” the governor said as he signed the bill into law on Chicago’s West Side on Tuesday. “… We are creating an alternative to opioid addiction. … It’s clear that medical marijuana treats pain effectively, and is less addictive and disruptive than opioids.”

Dr. Nirav Shah, director of the Illinois Department of Public Health, said research has shown clear evidence that marijuana can be effective for treating pain and can reduce opioid use and opioid overdose deaths. He cited a National Academy of Sciences review that found “substantial evidence“ that marijuana is effective for treating chronic pain in adults.

“And initiatives like this frankly just makes sense,” Shah said.

“Now those suffering from pain can opt for medical marijuana — which has zero deaths related to overdose — over opioids,” he said. “Numerous studies show that marijuana is effective at treating pain and we are thrilled the people of Illinois will now have that choice.”

One patient at the signing did credit medical marijuana with helping her get off opioid drugs. Melissa Hallbeck, 41, of Sugar Grove, who is co-founder of the Midwest Cannabis Education Conference, said she was addicted to Norco after multiple surgeries for interstitial cystitis, which caused severe pelvic pain.

Non-psychoactive cannabis oil allowed her to work again and take care of her 6-year-old daughter.

“It’s given me my life back,” she said.

Here
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gov. Bruce Rauner is taking a blunt stance, telling a Downstate TV station that it would be a “mistake” to legalize marijuana in Illinois.

“I do not support legalizing marijuana. I think that’s a mistake. You know there’s a massive, human experiment going on in Colorado, and California, other places. We should see how that’s impacted lives and addiction and hurt young people before we make any decision about it here,” Rauner said in an interview on WSIL in Marion. “I do not support legalizing marijuana.”

Here

Rauner said both that "It’s clear that medical marijuana treats pain effectively, and is less addictive and disruptive than opioids.” He also stated “I do not support legalizing marijuana. I think that’s a mistake." So, for him, it seems that it's only about medical needs and the problem people clearly have with opioid addiction.

Now, would you prefer that Melissa Hallbeck take opioids for her pain management or use medical marijuana?

Maybe you would tell her "life is pain, Princess. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something."

Cause, that would be helpful. :plain:
See, here's the thing.

As far as I'm aware, neither I, nor Stripe, nor ok doser, have anything against it being used for medicinal purposes.

It should, however, be a strictly controlled substance, available ONLY through prescription in limited amounts. People should not be able to self-medicate (in other words, the doctor says have some pot, the patient then goes to a dispensary and says I want this much so I can smoke it this often). And only pot without the high should be allowed.

It SHOULD NOT be allowed to be used for recreational purposes.

WizardofOz

See, here's the thing.

As far as I'm aware, neither I, nor Stripe, nor ok doser, have anything against it being used for medicinal purposes.

It should, however, be a strictly controlled substance, available ONLY through prescription in limited amounts. People should not be able to self-medicate (in other words, the doctor says have some pot, the patient then goes to a dispensary and says I want this much so I can smoke it this often). And only pot without the high should be allowed.

It SHOULD NOT be allowed to be used for recreational purposes.

Before I respond to this, care to answer?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Before I respond to this, care to answer?
It should be illegal to get high or drunk.

Oh wait, that's something I've said already. What a surprise!

:think:

Therefore, if smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol makes you high or drunk, respectively, then you shouldn't do it, because you would be breaking the law.

WizardofOz

Therefore, if smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol makes you high or drunk, respectively, then you shouldn't do it, because you would be breaking the law.

Not exactly what I asked.

Does smoking tobacco make one high or drunk? If not, what could your answer possibly have to do with my question?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not exactly what I asked.

My response answers your question.

Does smoking tobacco make one high or drunk?

Again:

Getting high or drunk should be illegal.

If someone gets high off of tobacco, then they should not do it, because getting high would be against the law.

If someone gets drunk from drinking alcohol, then they should not do it, because getting drunk would be against the law.

If someone gets high from interacting or ingesting pot, then they should not do it, because getting high would be against the law.

I'm not sure how much simpler, if at all, I can put that.

If not, what could your answer possibly have to do with my question?

Maybe put down the bong or cigarette or beer can and actually put some effort into understanding what I'm saying.

WizardofOz

second-hand smoke can be dangerous to others.
do you know what the punishment is in the Bible for causing permanent injury to someone?
Smoking cigarettes around others can harm them via second hand smoke. Should it be illegal for adults to smoke cigarettes inside their own home if they also have children inside that home?

My response answers your question.

No, it doesn't as my question had NOTHING to do with getting high. It was in response to your post about causing injury to someone. Does second hand (tobacco) smoke cause damage to others? Yes. It most certainly does. If someone is smoking cigarettes in their own home around their children, this would theoretically cause harm, would it not?

Should smoking inside your own home when you have children in that same home be illegal? It's a yes or no question but you keep dodging and going on about being high or drunk when that isn't even what I am asking. At all...

Again:

Getting high or drunk should be illegal.

If someone gets high off of tobacco, then they should not do it, because getting high would be against the law.

If someone gets drunk from drinking alcohol, then they should not do it, because getting drunk would be against the law.

If someone gets high from interacting or ingesting pot, then they should not do it, because getting high would be against the law.

I'm not sure how much simpler, if at all, I can put that.

Maybe put down the bong or cigarette or beer can and actually put some effort into understanding what I'm saying.

So I am a smoker and a drinker now? False witness much? Grow up and discuss like an adult.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Right here: "Stripe [has] made it clear that [he doesn't] want the same standards applied to alcohol and tobacco."

Quote me saying anything remotely connected to this what you can't that's right because it never happened.

Feel free to set the record straight regarding your views on alcohol and tobacco and whether they should be illegal or not.

(Watch Stripe dodge again.)

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
i'm not comfortable with using marijuana as a medical therapy, except in end-of-life applications, mainly because it's so poorly understood, since it hasn't gone throughout the traditional route of testing and approval

Are you comfortable with approved pharmaceuticals that have known dangerous side effects? Because many of them do.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Is second-hand tobacco smoke harmful to breathe?

Arthur Brain

And I responded that anecdotal evidence is not sufficient.

Perhaps you had some weed that doesn't give a high.

It does exist..

A single inhale of a joint isn't going to make you "high" any more than a single swig from a pint of beer is going to make you drunk.

Arthur Brain

I think that if someone is intoxicated, they should be punished.

Drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco doesn't immediately make one intoxicated. In fact, it can (at least as far as alcohol is concerned, not sure about tobacco) provide health benefits.

Drinking and smoking tobacco is fine.

Being drunk or high is the line that is drawn by God.

Hence not flogging someone for a prescription given to him by a doctor, but flogging the pothead.

You're not sure that tobacco can/can't provide health benefits?!

:doh:

Hint, it doesn't.

:freak: