Jesus is God !

God's Truth

No GT, Jesus said that the disciples CONTINUED with him through HIS temptations, not theirs. So Jesus was tempted whilst he was with his disciples not only in the wilderness because he didn't have his disciples with him in the wilderness. But you just can't see it.

Anyway, this will just go on and on and I have to go and cook, speak soon.

Jesus' trials were not all about resisting sin.

jaybird

Marhig isn't just not comparing us to Jesus, she is comparing Jesus to one of us. No, he is not one of us. HE CAME FROM HEAVEN. His Father is God the Father. He received flesh from his mother and SPIRIT OF HIS FATHER.

Jesus was tempted IN THE DESERT, and not all day every day as marhig teaches.

so when James, leader of the first church of Jerusalem,one of the three elders of the 12, teaches Jesus, his own brother, was tempted as one of us, Jesus was in fact not tempted as one of us being as He was not one of us. looks like you have found another error in scripture. i guess James just didnt know his own brother, its a shame we dont have a time machine and you could go back and correct James on this error.

keypurr

You, like marhig compare Jesus to us. Jesus was born the Christ and came from heaven. Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a man.
The scripture that I quoted completely demolishes your silly idea.

Jesus said that He had glory with His Father BEFORE the creation.

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The Word was God: John 1:1
The Word was made flesh: John 1:14

It's simple logic keypurr. Since the Word was God, John 1:14 is saying the God was made flesh.... therefore Jesus is God.

The Word was GOD and not some "spirit son".
Nope it does not, sorry for you. You have only displayed your inability to read.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Nanja

Another scripture wherein Paul confesses Jesus as God Titus 2:13

13 [FONT="]Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious [B]appearing [/B]of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Paul describes Jesus Christ at His appearing the Great God and Our Saviour ![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Amen Brother!

As John Gill explains:

"for the word: rendered "appearing", is never used of God the Father, only of the second person; and the propositive article is not set before the word "Saviour", as it would, if two distinct persons were designed; and the copulative "and" is exegetical, and may he rendered thus, "and the glorious appearing of the great God, even our Saviour Jesus Christ"

Jesus is God !

beloved57

Amen Brother!

As John Gill explains:

"for the word: rendered "appearing", is never used of God the Father, only of the second person; and the propositive article is not set before the word "Saviour", as it would, if two distinct persons were designed; and the copulative "and" is exegetical, and may he rendered thus, "and the glorious appearing of the great God, even our Saviour Jesus Christ"

Jesus is God !

Amen

keypurr

Son of God
Titus 2:13 (NKJV) 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

God AND Savior Jesus Christ, two. One God one Lord

2 Peter 1:1 (NKJV) 1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

God AND Savior Jesus Christ, two. One God one Lord

John 1:3 (NKJV) 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Made THROUGH him, God created through him.

1 Corinthians 8:6 (NKJV) 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

One God AND one Lord,

Colossians 1:17 (NKJV) 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

He is FIRST of CREATION

Hebrews 1:2 (NKJV) 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

World Was made THROUGH him by God

Revelation 3:14 (NKJV) 14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

John 3:13 (NKJV) 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Yes, the spirit that was IN him came from heaven

"Yet for us there is one God, the Father" (Corinthians 8:6).
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).

1 Cor. 1:3 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 1:1 – "To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 3:13 – "To be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus."
2 Thessalonians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Thessalonians 2:16 – "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us."
Philippians 4:20 – To our God and Father, glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Collosians 1:2 – "Peace from God our Father."
Ephesians 4:6 – "One God and Father of all."
James1:1 – "James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
2 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
Titus 1:4 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
Philemon vv. 3 – "Peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Galatians 1:3 "Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

OLD TESTAMENT MESSIANIC PROPHESIES
Psalm 89:26-28 - "He (the Messiah) shall say of me. "You are my father, my God, my rock, my savior". And I will make him the firstborn."
Micah 5:3-4 - "He (the Messiah) shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD, in the Majestic name of the LORD, his God."
Psalm 22:10-11 - "To you I was committed at birth. From my mother’s womb you are my God."

NEW TESTAMENT
Jesus Speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."
2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
John:
Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

Son of the MOST HIGH

Mar 5:7 and shouting with a loud voice, he *said, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!"

Luk 1:32 "He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David;

Luk 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

Luk 1:76 "And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; For you will go on BEFORE THE LORD TO PREPARE HIS WAYS;

Luk 8:28 Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."

Still think there is equality between
God (The Most High) and his Son?

lifeisgood

Go to the beginning of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc&t=2859s

You believe the heresies of Steven Anderson.

LA

Has not heard of Steven Anderson, but all I needed to hear was that people who are homosexuals should commit suicide. How awful as if God said we are to murder ourselves.

Paul said 'such were some of you [some of you were homosexuals, and drunkards, and etc.]' but 'you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.'

Thank you for this one LA.

Right Divider

Body part
Nope it does not, sorry for you. You have only displayed your inability to read.
The one that cannot read is keypurr.

John 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

It's so simple that a child can understand it; but not a heretic.

keypurr

The one that cannot read is keypurr.

John 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

It's so simple that a child can understand it; but not a heretic.
You have no clue who or what the WORD is.

And the word was O God or a god. But you will not understand that also.

keypurr

It says the WORD was God....how is anybody missing it KP?
More than just one transition doc.

Read Heb 1 verses 8-10, what is the O GOD?

There is a difference between God and O God.

I suggest you do a study on it.

keypurr

It says the WORD was God....how is anybody missing it KP?
The logos is not God but a created form of God. It is the spirit Son of the most high. The world was created through this spirit, Jesus is NOT THE WORD.

drbrumley

John 1English Standard Version (ESV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men.

5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.

8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.

11 He came to his own, and his own people[c] did not receive him.

12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son[d] from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”)

16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.[e]

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

18 No one has ever seen God; the only God,[f] who is at the Father's side,[g] he has made him known.

19 And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?”

20 He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.”

21 And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”

22 So they said to him, “Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”

23 He said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make straight[h] the way of the Lord,’ as the prophet Isaiah said.”

24 (Now they had been sent from the Pharisees.)

25 They asked him, “Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” 26 John answered them, “I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know,

27 even he who comes after me, the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.”

28 These things took place in Bethany across the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

30 This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks before me, because he was before me.’

31 I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel.”

32 And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him.

33 I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’

34 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

35 The next day again John was standing with two of his disciples,

36 and he looked at Jesus as he walked by and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God!”

37 The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus.

38 Jesus turned and saw them following and said to them, “What are you seeking?” And they said to him, “Rabbi” (which means Teacher), “where are you staying?”

39 He said to them, “Come and you will see.” So they came and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day, for it was about the tenth hour.[j]

40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Jesus[k] was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.

41 He first found his own brother Simon and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which means Christ).

42 He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon the son of John. You shall be called Cephas” (which means Peter[l]).

43 The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, “Follow me.”

44 Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.

45 Philip found Nathanael and said to him, “We have found him of whom Moses in the Law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

46 Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Philip said to him, “Come and see.”

47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!”

48 Nathanael said to him, “How do you know me?” Jesus answered him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”

49 Nathanael answered him, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”

50 Jesus answered him, “Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’ do you believe? You will see greater things than these.”

51 And he said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you,[m] you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”

Footnotes:
John 1:4 Or was not any thing made. That which has been made was life in him
John 1:11 Greek to his own things; that is, to his own domain, or to his own people
John 1:11 People is implied in Greek
John 1:14 Or only One, or unique One
John 1:16 Or grace in place of grace
John 1:18 Or the only One, who is God; some manuscripts the only Son
John 1:18 Greek in the bosom of the Father
John 1:23 Or crying out, ‘In the wilderness make straight
John 1:34 Some manuscripts the Chosen One
John 1:39 That is, about 4 p.m.
John 1:40 Greek him
John 1:42 Cephas and Peter are from the word for rock in Aramaic and Greek, respectively
John 1:51 The Greek for you is plural; twice in this verse

drbrumley

The logos is not God but a created form of God. It is the spirit Son of the most high. The world was created through this spirit, Jesus is NOT THE WORD.

You do not know that....

This whole chapter is about the one and only Jesus...

and your in denial...why?

keypurr

You do not know that....

No it is not about Jesus, your assumptions are wrong, you have been taught that by traditional folks who do not know any better.

Think, the word BECAME FLESH, so the word was not flesh to begin with. The word is the express image, the logos.

Think about what I have been telling you friend, the logos (word) is a spirit like the Father who SENT him.

keypurr

You do not know that....

Jesus was born flesh many years after the world was made, he did not need to become flesh.

The word existed at the crestion.

drbrumley

No it is not about Jesus, your assumptions are wrong, you have been taught that by traditional folks who do not know any better.

Think, the word BECAME FLESH, so the word was not flesh to begin with. The word is the express image, the logos.

Think about what I have been telling you friend, the logos (word) is a spirit like the Father who SENT him.

I have been meaning to ask you this:

What makes you think I have been taught that by traditional folks who do not know any better?

And why are they wrong....haven't there been true men of God in the times past who believe and taught this same thing. Just because it may be the majority opinion doesn't mean it is wrong. I am no traditionalist by any stretch of the imagination. But I don't believe a doctrine because, well the old teaching are crap as it seems you like to do. Your just being different. I know how this game is played.

Joesph Smith did it,

The Campbell's did it.

Rutherford did it..