Jesus is God !

drbrumley

Micah 5:2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

God's Truth

The Bible doesn't say that the father is the son, and Jesus clearly says we and our, and he says that the father is greater than he so he can't be the father.

Jesus is God the Father come as a Son of man in the flesh. What else should a man say?

Anyway, I'm not getting into a lengthy debate, that's what I believe to be true from what I've seen written in the Bible.

I am here to speak God's Truth.

Here is something for you to think of:

One day when you see Jesus, are you going to wonder when you are going to see the Father?

beloved57

Another scripture wherein Paul confesses Jesus as God Titus 2:13

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Paul describes Jesus Christ at His appearing the Great God and Our Saviour !

Last edited:

beloved57

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Paul describes Jesus Christ at His appearing the Great God and Our Saviour !

and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ; not two divine persons, only one, are here intended; for the word: rendered "appearing", is never used of God the Father, only of the second person; and the propositive article is not set before the word "Saviour", as it would, if two distinct persons were designed; and the copulative "and" is exegetical, and may he rendered thus, "and the glorious appearing of the great God, even our Saviour Jesus Christ"; who, in the next verse, is said to give himself for the redemption of his people: so that here is a very illustrious proof of the true and proper deity of Christ, who will appear at his second coming; for of that appearance are the, words to be understood, as the great God, in all the glories and perfections of his divine nature; as well as a Saviour, which is mentioned to show that he will appear to the salvation of his people, which he will then put them in the full possession of; and that the brightness of his divine Majesty will not make them afraid: and this appearance will be a glorious one; for Christ will come in his own glory, in the glory of his deity, particularly his omniscience and omnipotence will be very conspicuous; and in his glory as Mediator, which will be beheld by all the saints; and in his glory as a Judge, invested with power and authority from his Father, which will be terrible to sinners; and in the glory of his human nature, with which it is now crowned; and in his Father's glory, in the same he had with him before the world was, and which is the same with his, and in that which he will receive from him as man and Mediator, and as the Judge of the whole earth; and in the glory of his holy angels, being attended with all his mighty ones: to which may be added, that saints will be raised from the dead, and with the living ones appear with Christ in glory, and make up the bride, the Lamb's wife, having the glory of God upon her; so that this will be a grand appearance indeed. Now this the Gospel directs, and instructs believers to look for, to love, to hasten to, most earnestly desire, and yet patiently wait for, most firmly believing that it will be: and this the saints have reason to look for, with longing desire and affection, and with pleasure, since it will be not only glorious in itself, but advantageous to them; they will then be glorified with Christ, and be for ever with him.

John Gill

marhig

Jesus is God the Father come as a Son of man in the flesh. What else should a man say?

I am here to speak God's Truth.

Here is something for you to think of:

One day when you see Jesus, are you going to wonder when you are going to see the Father?
No, Jesus is the Christ come in flesh, and the Spirit of God was upon him strengthening him and giving him power. Jesus even quotes Isaiah when he says, the spirit of the Lord is upon me, he then says when he is finished talking, these scriptures have been fulfilled in your ears.

So Jesus is the Christ, anointed of God, and the Spirit of the Lord was upon him strengthening him and giving him power.

marhig

John Gill
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

God was in and through Christ, but Jesus isn't God. He was in the express image of God, being filled with the Holy Spirit, dead to the flesh which had no power over him whatsoever, because he denied satan completely and never sinned. So he was in the fullness of God bodily. The father never ever left him, because he always did what pleased the father, he always lived by his will, every hour of every day. So when we see Christ, we see the father, and we see God, because the father was in his fullness through Christ Jesus.

oatmeal

13 [FONT="]Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Paul describes Jesus Christ at His appearing the Great God and Our Saviour ![/FONT]

that is one version of that verse.

Another is "looking for the blessed hope even the appearing of the glory of the Great God, even our lord Jesus Christ."

Jesus Christ is declared as the glory of the great God and we do look for his return

beloved57

God was in and through Christ, but Jesus isn't God. He was in the express image of God, being filled with the Holy Spirit, dead to the flesh which had no power over him whatsoever, because he denied satan completely and never sinned. So he was in the fullness of God bodily. The father never ever left him, because he always did what pleased the father, he always lived by his will, every hour of every day. So when we see Christ, we see the father, and we see God, because the father was in his fullness through Christ Jesus.

Evasion and rabbit trail and denial

oatmeal

Micah 5:2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Yes, indeed, his goings forth, his eventual showing up on the scene, have been a part of God's plan before He declared it and as He declared it, and after He declared it

beloved57

that is one version of that verse.

Another is "looking for the blessed hope even the appearing of the glory of the Great God, even our lord Jesus Christ."

Jesus Christ is declared as the glory of the great God and we do look for his return

Denial and rabbit trail

oatmeal

No, Jesus is the Christ come in flesh, and the Spirit of God was upon him strengthening him and giving him power. Jesus even quotes Isaiah when he says, the spirit of the Lord is upon me, he then says when he is finished talking, these scriptures have been fulfilled in your ears.

So Jesus is the Christ, anointed of God, and the Spirit of the Lord was upon him strengthening him and giving him power.

That is the proper reading of those scriptures

Likewise, Jesus being declared to be filled with the fulness of God.

It does not say that he is God, but is filled, like a vessel is filled.

Even so we, in Timothy are to become vessels of honor, fit for the master's use. We are fill with the gift of the Holy Spirit, that does not make us "the Holy Spirit" but recipient's of the nature of God, I John 4:13

God's Truth

That is the proper reading of those scriptures

Likewise, Jesus being declared to be filled with the fulness of God.

It does not say that he is God, but is filled, like a vessel is filled.

Even so we, in Timothy are to become vessels of honor, fit for the master's use. We are fill with the gift of the Holy Spirit, that does not make us "the Holy Spirit" but recipient's of the nature of God, I John 4:13

You, like marhig compare Jesus to us. Jesus was born the Christ and came from heaven. Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a man.

God's Truth

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God the Father come as a man in the flesh.

The Holy Spirit who is God came over Mary.

Jesus received his flesh from his mother's side, but his spirit is from his Father and is of his Father.

God's Truth

I know that is what you believe. Read what I say and don't merely repeat your beliefs.

I asked you if when you see Jesus one day will you want to see the Father, since you claim Jesus is not God and therefore not the Father.

God's Truth

Yeshua was tempted just the same as anyone which would make no sense at all if He wasnt one of us.

Marhig isn't just not comparing us to Jesus, she is comparing Jesus to one of us. No, he is not one of us. HE CAME FROM HEAVEN. His Father is God the Father. He received flesh from his mother and SPIRIT OF HIS FATHER.

Jesus was tempted IN THE DESERT, and not all day every day as marhig teaches.

God's Truth

I say Jesus is God because he has the names of God and sits on God's throne.

Marhig says Jesus sits us with him on God's throne and it doesn't make us God.

NO KIDDING MARHIG; but it MAKES JESUS GOD. Only God can sit someone on the throne with him---WE CANNOT sit people with us on the throne.

Right Divider

Body part
Your both in the same boat and it is sinking.
Jesus was born as a human. He is the body prepared for the true spirit Son the logos. He was second only to his God in heaven. And he spoke through Jesus.

Disprove it if you can.
The scripture that I quoted completely demolishes your silly idea.

Jesus said that He had glory with His Father BEFORE the creation.

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The Word was God: John 1:1
The Word was made flesh: John 1:14

It's simple logic keypurr. Since the Word was God, John 1:14 is saying the God was made flesh.... therefore Jesus is God.

The Word was GOD and not some "spirit son".