ECT Israel is not the BOC

Nang

TOL Subscriber
In a sense, yes.
Only Jesus Christ and Isaac are called 'only begotten'.
Both were the seed of promise made by GOD.

How could there be two when ONLY one was begotten by God?

Unless Isaac was chosen by God in Christ to begin with?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's not an answer.

The definition of who the "first born of God" are, is defined by Christ's resurrection from death. Colossians 1:18; Revelation 1:5

Who resurrected with Christ, but all His elect for whom He died?

Namely, the BOC, also called the "Israel" of God.

Right Divider

Body part
The definition of who the "first born of God" are, is defined by Christ's resurrection from death. Colossians 1:18; Revelation 1:5

Who resurrected with Christ, but all His elect for whom He died?

Namely, the BOC, also called the "Israel" of God.
Scripture PLEASE.

Paul distinguished between the BOC and the "Israel of God".

Gal 6:15-16 (KJV)
(6:15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. (6:16) And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Them AND upon the Israel of God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You are the one that keeps missing the point.

Israel was called 'frstborn' (Ex 4:22), it was the whole house of Israel (all 12 tribes, sons of Jacob), not a divided kingdom.
So, no, Ephraim is not synonymous with the Israel (all 12 tribes) that is called firstborn.

Genesis 48:16

“The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.”

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Scripture PLEASE.

(6:15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. (6:16) And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

:nono:

You dissect Scripture without warrant as a matter of habit . . .

The souls who walk according to the principle of spiritual unity receive the blessings of peace and mercy as the "Israel of God." Galatians 6:15-16

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scripture PLEASE.

:thumb:

Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they [Israel] are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they [Israel] are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Right Divider

Body part
:nono:

You dissect Scripture without warrant as a matter of habit . . .

The souls who walk according to the principle of spiritual unity receive the blessings of peace and mercy as the "Israel of God." Galatians 6:15-16
Paul speaks of those who walk according to the principle AND the Israel of God.

I simply respect the language of scripture. You should too.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Genesis 48:16

“The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.”

I already showed Tam that verse, and bolded the exact same thing you bolded.

That is why Ephraim was called God's firstborn son.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You keep kicking against the goads.

(Exodus 4:22) Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,
"Israel" in this context is all 12 tribes, the whole of Israel, not just the northern tribes.

Ephraim (the northern kingdom) being called firstborn is not synonymous with the whole kingdom of Israel being called firstborn.
They are not the same 'firstborn' anymore than David being called firstborn is the same or synonymous with Ephraim being called firstborn.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I already showed Tam that verse, and bolded the exact same thing you bolded.

That is why Ephraim was called God's firstborn son.
Nope.
Ephraim being firstborn was not the same as Israel as when Israel was called firstborn.
When Israel was called firstborn, it was the whole nation of Israel untied as one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephraim (the northern kingdom) being called firstborn is not synonymous with the whole kingdom of Israel being called firstborn.

You still don't get it.

After the split, why did the Northern Nation keep the name "Israel", while the Southern Nation got a new name (Judah)?

God could have called them North Israel & South Israel...or maybe New Israel and Israel.

However, the Northern Nation kept the name "Israel".

Go back and read Genesis 48, and maybe you'll get it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Paul, the King of Israel is the head of his spiritual assembly, the church of God, his body in the flesh.

DAN P

You still don't get it.

After the split, why did the Northern Nation keep the name "Israel", while the Southern Nation got a new name (Judah)?

God could have called them North Israel & South Israel...or maybe New Israel and Israel.

However, the Northern Nation kept the name "Israel".

Go back and read Genesis 48, and maybe you'll get it.

Hi and when Israel split , Judah occupied Jerusalem !!

But they are then called STICKS in Ezk 37:15-19 and in the Millennium , thoses 2 sticks will become ONE STICK and then be one Nation again !!

So , tet who is the Israel of God ??

and verse 16 reads And as many as will WALK / FUTURE TENSE , by this STANDARD , so what does SRTANDAED mean here ??

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only Paul used the term and he did NOT CAPITALIZE the THE, but he did put an AND there to make it distinct from the THEM.

But Paul never said "the Israel of God" any other time.

Example:

(Acts 28:20) For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Paul used the word "Israel" over 20 times in the NT.

Yet, only in Galatians did he say "the Israel of God".

That should tell you something.

DAN P

But Paul never said "the Israel of God" any other time.

Example:

(Acts 28:20) For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Paul used the word "Israel" over 20 times in the NT.

Yet, only in Galatians did he say "the Israel of God".

That should tell you something.

Hi and whats does it tell us ??

Read the above post , #97 !!

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So , tet who is the Israel of God ??

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the children of Abraham.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Body of Christ.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the lively stones, with Christ Jesus as the Cornerstone.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Sons of God.