ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thus "Israel" becomes the name of the BOC, because "Israel" is a name of Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

That's a BINGO!!

However, the Dispies won't like that, because it destroys Dispensationalism.

So, they'll keep "kicking against the goads" while trying to defend Darby's false teachings.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeppers.

And Israel is called son, firstborn, etc.
But Israel was never called His only begotten son.

Um....God called Israel His firstborn son.

God only had one son.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Christ Jesus is Israel, and those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(Jer 31:20) Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.
Does not say Ephraim is His only begotten son.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, you agree that God called Israel is firstborn son, and that God called Ephraim His firstborn son?

Now we're making progress.
Progress???
ROFL!
I have already posted that GOD calls Israel, David, and Ephraim His 'firstborn'.
Neither Jacob, David, or Ephraim were the 1st born of their fathers.
But GOD calls all three of them His 'firstborn'.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Progress???
ROFL!
I have already posted that GOD calls Israel, David, and Ephraim His 'firstborn'.
Neither Jacob, David, or Ephraim were the 1st born of their fathers.
But GOD calls all three of them His 'firstborn'.

More progress.

David was a typology of Christ Jesus.

Ephraim represented Israel.

Israel was God's people.

Do the math Tam.....

Danoh

Two things:

You need to be more specific when saying "Israel", and you need to understand that "body" is just a metaphor.

(Hosea 11:1) "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

(Matt 2:15) where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."

As we see above, the word "Israel" is a son in Hosea, and is Jesus in Matthew.

So, if Christ Jesus is "Israel", then the body of Christ would be Israel.

Nope.

The central issue in Matthew thru John (thus, their order, by the way) is summarized in John as being the issue concerning Israel; the core issue of...

John 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Towards that, Mtt. thru John contain various evidences of Prophecies about the Lord, that He had fulfilled.

Thus, what Matt. 2:15 is actually talking about towards said witness is that Jesus was the Christ: the Son of God as Israel's Delivering Prophet, Whom Israel's Prophets did say the LORD would call out of Egypt to deliver them one day.

It is basically showing one more in a long line of Prophecies about Him the fulfilling of which should have proven to Israel that He had been the Christ their Law and the Prophets did say, should come: the Son of God; the King of Israel.

Matthew 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. 2:14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Matthew 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, 2:20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.

So where is this in the OT?

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

There, Israel as a child, is loved by the LORD.

And He so loves him, that He calls His son to come and deliver him.

Hosea 12:13 And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved.

Matt. 2:15 is one more evidence of Who He was: their Prophesied Christ.

Note the typology...

Matthew 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

But note that here, Egypt is a refuge to flee to, rather than a terror to flee from it ended up being in that other Joseph's earlier descendents...

2:20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life. 2:21 And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. 2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:

And never mind all the various references to "the land of Israel," Tel.

And note the fulfilling of yet another Prophecy:

2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Coming full circle back to John, we read...

John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. 1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! 1:48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 1:50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Isaac is called Abraham's only begotten son. Heb 11:17
But Isaac was neither the 1st born son of Abraham, nor his only son.

Isaac was Abraham's "only begotten" son, not his firstborn son.

God didn't have two sons.

Also, one son was born of the flesh, and the other son was born according to the promise.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And David also.
And yet, neither Israel (Jacob) nor Ephraim nor David were 1st born to their fathers, nor were they their fathers only son.

That's my point.

It didn't matter that they weren't the firstborn to their earthly fathers, God called all of them HIS firstborn son.

They all have something in common Tam.

God didn't call Moses, Elijah, John the Baptist, Peter, Paul, or anyone else His firstborn son.

What do they have in common?