ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YES!

A son that backslides, plays the harlot, is disobedient, etc.
So don't confuse that son with THE SON.
They are not the same.

(Exodus 4:22) Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son,

Was Israel God's firstborn son?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(Exodus 4:22) Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son,

Was Israel God's first born son?
A firstborn son.
Ephraim and David are also called firstborn.
All of which disobeyed and backslid.
Do confuse these firstborns with THE FIRSTBORN.
They are not the same.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephraim and David are also called firstborn.

Ephraim was not a firstborn. He had an older brother named Manasseh.

Regardless, neither Manasseh, David, Esau, or any other firstborn Israelite child, was ever called "my firstborn son" by God the Father.

Only Israel was ever called God's firstborn son.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ephraim was not a firstborn. He had an older brother named Manasseh.

Regardless, neither Manasseh, David, Esau, or any other firstborn Israelite child, was ever called "my firstborn son" by God the Father.

The dispensational confusion, touches the Gospel message, big time.

There is only one Son of God, who became flesh . . lived, died, and resurrected in that flesh, to sit again in His glory with the Father in heaven.

There is only one Jesus Christ. One church body, of which He is head.

One could drop the word "firstborn" as seen multiple times in the bible, and Gospel doctrine would not change, but one cannot drop the "only begotten" from the description of God's Son, without damaging the teachings of the Trinity, Hypostatic-Union of Christ, and the Gospel message that has the power to save.

But dispies think nothing of denying that "Israel" is a name of the only begotten Son of God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephraim is my firstborn - Jer 31:9

Tam, Tam, Tam....

You just refuted yourself.

(Gen 41:51) Joseph named his firstborn Manasseh and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.”

So, now that we know Ephraim wasn't the firstborn son to Joseph, let's ask why God called Ephraim His firstborn son.

The key in Jer 31:9 is that God called Ephraim HIS firstborn son, not Joseph's.

Why did God call Ephraim HIS firstborn son?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was Israel ever called GOD's 'only begotten son"?

(Jer 31:20) Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Even the elect church, called "sons of God," are so named strictly because they abide in Jesus Christ, and He in them.

Thus "Israel" becomes the name of the BOC, because "Israel" is a name of Christ, the only begotten Son of God.