ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But they are then called STICKS in Ezk 37:15-19 and in the Millennium , thoses 2 sticks will become ONE STICK and then be one Nation again !!

The two houses were joined together when the New Covenant was made.

Try reading the book of Hebrews, in it, you'll find that the New Covenant was made in the first century.

Moreover, Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

Also, there is no such phrase as "the millennium" in the Bible. That's a phrase made up by Darby Followers, similar to "millennial reign", which is another phrase made up by Darby Followers that is not in the Bible.

DAN P

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the children of Abraham.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Body of Christ.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the lively stones, with Christ Jesus as the Cornerstone.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Sons of God.

Hia dn you AVOID the 2 sticks ??

The northen part were divorced and then Judah did the same thing the others Jews did in jer 3:8 !!

The Greek word WALK is in the Greek FUTURE TENSES , so where does it PLACE the Israel of God , THEN ??

dan p

northwye

I have thought that in Galatians 6: 16 - "και οσοι τω κανονι τουτω στοιχησουσιν ειρηνη επ αυτους και ελεος

And as many as by this rule shall walk peace be on them,

και επι τον ισραηλ του θεου,"

and upon the Israel of God," could be written as "And as many as by this rule shall walk peace be upon them and on the Israel (which) is of God." The Israel which is of God is differentiated from the Israel which is not of God, seen in Romans 9: 8, "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God." And I Corinthians 10: 18 says "Behold Israel after the flesh:."

The Israel of God was, in the First Century, made up both of the remnant of Old Covenant Israel who accepted Christ and those not of the blood line who accepted Christ. Of course, this is where Christian Zionism would disagree, and insist on another doctrine which separates believing Gentiles from believing Jews, something completely contrary to Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28.

Danoh

I have thought that in Galatians 6: 16 - "και οσοι τω κανονι τουτω στοιχησουσιν ειρηνη επ αυτους και ελεος

and upon the Israel of God," could be written as "And as many as by this rule shall walk peace be upon them and on the Israel (which) is of God." The Israel which is of God is differentiated from the Israel which is not of God, seen in Romans 9: 8, "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God." And I Corinthians 10: 18 says "Behold Israel after the flesh:."

I'd thought on that myself and a few other passages.

But we each still arrive a different view.

John chapter 1; chapter 5; and chapter 8 being three more examples, among others in Scripture that could be cited as to both physical types of Israel.

DAN P

Hi and what he , TET , needs to tell us , What is the STANDARD mean in verse 16 as the KJV uses the word RULE ??

Also the Greek word WALK is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , and this means that the Israel of God is yet FUTURE as in the Millennium !!

I believe that what Paul means , the STANDARD is the MYSTERY that Paul preached !!

Also the Greek ARTICLE ( THE ) and this Israel of God are all believers !!

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wait'll JohnW gets a hold of that one :rotfl:

Well, Little Johnny W is a Dance Director, and "Depeche Mode" is French for "fashion news", and dance directors are into fashion, so I'm sure Little Johnny W knows all about Depeche Mode.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Israel of God was, in the First Century, made up both of the remnant of Old Covenant Israel who accepted Christ and those not of the blood line who accepted Christ.

:thumb:

Yep...it's really not that hard to see. Only Darby Followers with an agenda disagree.

Of course, this is where Christian Zionism would disagree,

Christian Zionism didn't exist before Darby.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I already showed Tam that verse, and bolded the exact same thing you bolded.

That is why Ephraim was called God's firstborn son.

Hey, it does say them.

Genesis 48:16

“The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.”

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey, it does say them.

Yes.

Here is what Jacob said about "them":

(Gen 48:19) And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

To date, not one Darby Follower has been able to tell us what multitude of nations the descendants of Ephraim became.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, Little Johnny W is a Dance Director, and "Depeche Mode" is French for "fashion news", and dance directors are into fashion, so I'm sure Little Johnny W knows all about Depeche Mode.

I wonder where he learned all that?

Danoh

The Israel of God was, in the First Century, made up both of the remnant of Old Covenant Israel who accepted Christ and those not of the blood line who accepted Christ. Of course, this is where Christian Zionism would disagree, and insist on another doctrine which separates believing Gentiles from believing Jews, something completely contrary to Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28.

You'll have to find a means of peace with the possible sting of the following observation...

So much for your obviously one-sided theologically biased books on the history of a thing.

Fact is that much of the tradition the Reformed Tradition is based on is the once anti-Semetic Replacement theology of many of the so called Early Church fathers.

It is theirs that had been a forced "Christian" Zionism" - as a forced replacement of God's delayed plan and purpose concerning Israel that continued with the RCC after them, and from there, with the Reformers of the Middle Ages.

A supposed "Christian" Zionism that on our shores, became a just as equally forced so called "God inspired America" as some sort of an "America as Zion" (not to be confused with the Jewish American Zionist movement).

Thus, many of of it's various laws based on the OT, and many it's places throughout the country named after; various places in the Old Testament.

And with much the same same legalistic Replacement bigotry in it's willful ignorance; a bigotry out of an ignorance of God's overall plan and purpose that continues to this very day, even in many a woefully ignorant "Dispensationalist."

I continue to find it all fascinating; but ignorantly purported America as Zion...is just that.

Jeremiah 33:23 Moreover the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying, 33:24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the LORD hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them. 33:25 Thus saith the LORD; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; 33:26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.

northwye

"Of course, this is where Christian Zionism would disagree, and insist on another doctrine which separates believing Gentiles from believing Jews, something completely contrary to Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28."

Christian Zionists often try to argue, using the dialectic, against scripture and in their argument they often set up scriptures to appear to contradict whatever scripture they are arguing against - in this case Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28.

Another tactic they use is to set up what they think are arguments which are not arguments at all, but only appearances of arguments against scripture which does not agree with their theology.

Is what is said above really a set of arguments against Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28? To argue against Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28 scriptures must be found in the New Testament which say that there is a separation between believing Jews and believing Gentiles, and such a separation shows that Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28 somehow do not say "there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek" or that "There is neither Jew nor Greek...for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Danoh

"Of course, this is where Christian Zionism would disagree, and insist on another doctrine which separates believing Gentiles from believing Jews, something completely contrary to Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28."

Christian Zionists often try to argue, using the dialectic, against scripture and in their argument they often set up scriptures to appear to contradict whatever scripture they are arguing against - in this case Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28.

Another tactic they use is to set up what they think are arguments which are not arguments at all, but only appearances of arguments against scripture which does not agree with their theology.

Is what is said above really a set of arguments against Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28? To argue against Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28 scriptures must be found in the New Testament which say that there is a separation between believing Jews and believing Gentiles, and such a separation shows that Romans 10: 12 and Galatians 3: 28 somehow do not say "there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek" or that "There is neither Jew nor Greek...for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

It is obvious you are projecting your dialectic as coming from others.

Out of the blue you pop up with your accusations...and ever as if you are in your own world.

For you barely ever go back and forth with anyone...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How could there be two when ONLY one was begotten by God?

Unless Isaac was chosen by God in Christ to begin with?

Isaac was promised to Abraham. Isaac is called "only begotten," even though he was the second son of Abraham (the first being Ishmael). Isaac prefigures Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes.

Here is what Jacob said about "them":

(Gen 48:19) And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

To date, not one Darby Follower has been able to tell us what multitude of nations the descendants of Ephraim became.
There's a Bible study I've been going through that goes through the book of Genesis. I've put it on hold for the moment however, because I wanted to go through Romans.

In Genesis I just finished going through the stories of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, but haven't yet gotten to Joseph and tye rest of the Book. If I remember in the next few months, after I've gone through the rest of Genesis, I might be able to answer this question for you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There's a Bible study I've been going through that goes through the book of Genesis. I've put it on hold for the moment however, because I wanted to go through Romans.

Since you are studying Romans and Genesis....here you go:

(Gen 48:19 YLT) And his father refuseth, and saith, `I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;'

(Rom 11:25 YLT) For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret -- that ye may not be wise in your own conceits -- that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till the fulness of the nations may come in;