Is Jesus eternal?

Is Jesus eternal?

• Total voters

keypurr

Give it up or get a clue. Who created the heavens and the earth.

He doesn't have a God, He is God. He claimed His own eternality.

God created everything through his son.

Did he not say he was going to his God?

Your wrong again BR.

"Yet for us there is one God, the Father" (Corinthians 8:6).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).

1 Cor. 1:3 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Cor. 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Philippians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Thessalonians 1:1 – "To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Thessalonians 3:13 – "To be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus."

2 Thessalonians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Thessalonians 2:16 – "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us."

Philippians 4:20 – To our God and Father, glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Collosians 1:2 – "Peace from God our Father."

Ephesians 4:6 – "One God and Father of all."

James1:1 – "James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

2 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

Titus 1:4 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."

Philemon vv. 3 – "Peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Galatians 1:3 "Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Need More BR?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God created everything through his son.

Did he not say he was going to his God?

Your wrong again BR.

You can say that and I agree with you.

Genesis 1:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Who created the heavens and the earth? God did.

John 1:3New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Colossians 1:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

It is obvious from these verses that Jesus is Creator, therefore God. I don't want to hear anything about Jesus being a creation or part of creation. The Creator CANNOT be a part of the creation.

What else did John say in Chapter 17?

John 17:5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

5 Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

That is eternity Bud. No ifs, and or buts. Give up spewing your Arian philosophy, get saved and join the family. Arianism is heretical.

keypurr

You can say that and I agree with you.

Genesis 1:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Who created the heavens and the earth? God did.

John 1:3New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Colossians 1:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

It is obvious from these verses that Jesus is Creator, therefore God. I don't want to hear anything about Jesus being a creation or part of creation. The Creator CANNOT be a part of the creation.

What else did John say in Chapter 17?

John 17:5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

5 Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

That is eternity Bud. No ifs, and or buts. Give up spewing your Arian philosophy, get saved and join the family. Arianism is heretical.

We agree that he was given the power to do so by his God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God created ALL through his spirit Son Christ.

Jesus created all things. We just have a disagreement as to who Jesus is. Within the last eight posts, I have shown you without a doubt, that the Son is God, the Creator of all things. What do you not understand? I realize that you have Arian beliefs. Get rid of them. Their heretical. Keypurr, God loves you. Why do you think I keep hammering at you year after year? Do you know?

keypurr

Jesus created all things. We just have a disagreement as to who Jesus is. Within the last eight posts, I have shown you without a doubt, that the Son is God, the Creator of all things. What do you not understand? I realize that you have Arian beliefs. Get rid of them. Their heretical. Keypurr, God loves you. Why do you think I keep hammering at you year after year? Do you know?

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

God created ALL through his firstborn of all creatures.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

God created ALL through his firstborn of all creatures.
NO! Simple theological truth. The Creator CANNOT be created. Jesus is not created. Check out the article.

https://carm.org/what-does-it-mean-that-jesus-is-the-firstborn-of-creation

keypurr

NO! Simple theological truth. The Creator CANNOT be created. Jesus is not created. Check out the article.

https://carm.org/what-does-it-mean-that-jesus-is-the-firstborn-of-creation

Jesus was born, that makes him a creation even though he is the flesh son of the most high.

Now in Hebrew 1 and Colossians 1 the son is said to be the exact image of the Father, that tells you that the son God created with is a spirit like the one that created him. But you do not wish to see what is in these verses for they expose the errors of your church teachings. You need to chose between the words of God or your traditions.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus was born, that makes him a creation even though he is the flesh son of the most high.

Now in Hebrew 1 and Colossians 1 the son is said to be the exact image of the Father, that tells you that the son God created with is a spirit like the one that created him. But you do not wish to see what is in these verses for they expose the errors of your church teachings. You need to chose between the words of God or your traditions.

You sir refuse to accept Biblical truth. Jesus was before He was born. As I said earlier, You are an Arian and that heresy has been dealt with.

John 1:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 And the Word became flesh, and [a]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1-2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us

keypurr

You sir refuse to accept Biblical truth. Jesus was before He was born. As I said earlier, You are an Arian and that heresy has been dealt with.

John 1:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This verse is about the logos, NOT JESUS

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 And the Word became flesh, and [a]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us

You do not know what your talking about BR. The WORD was IN Jesus, the WORD spoke through Jesus. The WORD was sent from heaven, Jesus was BORN. The WORD is a SPIRIT, not a man.

The logos is not Jesus, the logos is the express image of the Father, the spirit son of God. His first creation that he gave the power to.

journey

keypurr,

The JWs are false teachers and a cult, but they appear to be more reasonable than you and your hair-brained theories.

Notaclue

keypurr,

The JWs are false teachers and a cult, but they appear to be more reasonable than you and your hair-brained theories.

Matt.24:34. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
:35.Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
36“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, 'nor the Son', but the Father alone.

Mk.13:30. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
31“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
32“But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, 'nor the Son', but the Father alone.

Acts1:6. So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the 'Father has fixed by his own authority.'

Can you tell me why the Lord Jesus Christ does not know Times and Seasons.

journey

Jesus Christ said:

John 10:30 KJV I and my Father are one.

That's right - Jesus Christ is one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

NWL

Post your proof.

Is Jesus eternal?

Yes.

Has Jesus always been eternal?

No.

Proof

(John 6:57) "...Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father..."

(John 5:26) "...For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself..."

Jesus hasn't always been eternal and has only gained his eternal nature (see John 5:26 above) the same way followers of Christ have gained eternal life, as a gift ultimately from God the Father (Romans 6:23).

NWL

Jesus Christ said:

John 10:30 KJV I and my Father are one.

That's right - Jesus Christ is one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Context is key.

(John 10:30) "...I and my Father are one..."

(John 17:21) "...That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us..."

Jesus is no more one -with God the Father and the Holy Spirit- than you are one with your apparent trinity. The "one" mentioned in the verse is simply talking about being one in purpose and agreement.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is Jesus eternal?

Yes.

Has Jesus always been eternal?

No.

Proof

(John 6:57) "...Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father..."

(John 5:26) "...For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself..."

Jesus hasn't always been eternal and has only gained his eternal nature (see John 5:26 above) the same way followers of Christ have gained eternal life, as a gift ultimately from God the Father (Romans 6:23).

1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us—

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You do not know what your talking about BR. The WORD was IN Jesus, the WORD spoke through Jesus. The WORD was sent from heaven, Jesus was BORN. The WORD is a SPIRIT, not a man.

The logos is not Jesus, the logos is the express image of the Father, the spirit son of God. His first creation that he gave the power to.

You have lost the entire context of the passages.

keypurr

keypurr,

They are smart also, you could learn a lot from them if you take off your bias glasses.