Is Jesus eternal?

Is Jesus eternal?

• Total voters

OCTOBER23

We will find out the Answers to all these Questions when Jesus and the Father

come to the Earth in the next 10 years.

See you in the Kingdom :rapture:

NWL

You are either eternal or not. John 1:1 which was from the beginning, what does that tell you?

To list a number of epithets of a person and then say they acquired those epithets at the same time is plain stupid.I could say regarding the apostle Peter "Peter was with Jesus at the beginning of his ministry. Peter the Eternal" and it wouldn't be wrong.

No doubt Peter is a sharer of the gift spoken in Romans 6:23, Peter is now Eternal, Peter was also with when after he started his ministry. Would it then be logical to conclude Peter was Eternal when he was with Jesus on Earth? Of course not, the notion is ridiculous.

Likewise 1 John 1:1 says Jesus was with God at the beginning, something which I agree with, does that mean that because it says Jesus is eternal life one verse later that Jesus must of had no beginning nor end ? No, and even a bigger NO, as other scriptures shed light on the matter on how Jesus got his life, from the Father! If Jesus got his life from the Father then in no sense has he always been eternal, especially since he died, the point which you have ignored.

The verses you keep ignoring

(John 6:57) "...Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father..."

(John 5:26) "...For just as the Father has life in himself, so he [the Father] has granted also to the Son to have life in himself..."

You accept the notation that people can become eternal by means of Jesus, yet you reject the fact Jesus said that people will live by means of him, the same way he lives by means of the Father, "Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will live because of me.(John 6:57)

Last edited:

Apple7

Likewise 1 John 1:1 says Jesus was with God at the beginning, something which I agree with, does that mean that because it says Jesus is eternal life one verse later that Jesus must of had no beginning nor end ?

Your JW resource, Dr Bart Ehrman, claims that Jesus is God....and God is NOT created...therefore, Jesus was NOT created...

bartehrman_100x100.jpg

Bart Ehrman January 7, 2013

I don’t have an informed view of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, although it’s true that Arians believed that Jesus was God but not that he was equal with God the Father or co-eternal with him. John 1:1 — I think the proper translation is “The Word was God.” (In this Gospel Jesus appears to be equal with God — here I disagree with the Arian view — but he is not *identical* with God, a major point I think.)

http://ehrmanblog.org/my-next-book/