Is Jesus eternal?

Is Jesus eternal?

• Total voters

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That is just not true. I've done a lot of research about the verses you cited, and every one of them can be rebutted.
They say what they say. What would be the point of rebutting what the bible explicitly states?

Jesus would be the first to say that he is not equal to the Father.
I just quoted Holy Spirit inspired scripture that says just the exact opposite.

Who would you have me believe, you or the Apostle Paul?

In fact, he called the Father "my God"....John 20:17, Revelation 3:12....and said that the Father was "the only true God." (John 17:3) What do you say about these verses? Answer me, please. You may see that you have no "proof." If you want to see.

:D
God the Father is the only true God, so is Jesus and so it the Holy Spirit.

And I posted the proof. I've made no other argument aside from simply quoting scripture and doing so in context. Your claiming an ability to refute them is only a claim to an ability to refute God's own word, not to mention the veracity of the gospel itself!

If it is your desire to refute the deity of Jesus, why bother calling yourself a Christian? If Jesus was not God in the flesh, as John chapter one explicitly states, we are all still in our sins.

Resting in Him,
Clete

keypurr

They say what they say. What would be the point of rebutting what the bible explicitly states?

I just quoted Holy Spirit inspired scripture that says just the exact opposite.

Who would you have me believe, you or the Apostle Paul?

God the Father is the only true God, so is Jesus and so it the Holy Spirit.

And I posted the proof. I've made no other argument aside from simply quoting scripture and doing so in context. Your claiming an ability to refute them is only a claim to an ability to refute God's own word, not to mention the veracity of the gospel itself!

If it is your desire to refute the deity of Jesus, why bother calling yourself a Christian? If Jesus was not God in the flesh, as John chapter one explicitly states, we are all still in our sins.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jesus was the Christ, not God in the flesh.

Why do most follow the commandments of men instead of God?

Every church is a cult that does not keep his commandments and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Every church is a cult that does not keep his commandments and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The Bible clearly tells us that Jesus is God in the flesh, get to bed.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

You are not a Christian!

There should be some way of marking people's Avatars so that when people like yourself are exposed, everyone can be informed.

I don't even understand why you would want to be called a Christian in the first place. It would be like me calling myself a Buddhist even though I reject that which defines Buddhism. It sounds like a mental disorder.

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

keypurr

You are not a Christian!

There should be some way of marking people's Avatars so that when people like yourself are exposed, everyone can be informed.

I don't even understand why you would want to be called a Christian in the first place. It would be like me calling myself a Buddhist even though I reject that which defines Buddhism. It sounds like a mental disorder.

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Your another who has no clue as to who God or his Christ really is. Who are you to judge who is a follower of the Christ, you don't know him.
Jesus Christ came in the flesh but Jesus Christ is not God, his Father is. He was sent to do the will of his God.
Discard the garbage that our early church father corrupted.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your another who has no clue as to who God or his Christ really is. Who are you to judge who is a follower of the Christ, you don't know him.
Jesus Christ came in the flesh but Jesus Christ is not God, his Father is. He was sent to do the will of his God.
Discard the garbage that our early church father corrupted.
John 17:4-5 American Standard Version (ASV)

4 I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.

5 And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

1 John 1:1-2 American Standard Version (ASV)

1 That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we beheld, and our hands handled, concerning the Word of life

2 (and the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare unto you the life, the eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us);

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your question I would think is asking of he's eternal in both directions - past and future. He's not eternal in the past, so I voted no.

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."
1 John 1:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

keypurr

1 John 1:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

Many times I spent with my father, but I was never my father.

BR, the Father is a spirit, so is his son. Jesus was the body that held the spirit son. Learn that and someday you will see truth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many times I spent with my father, but I was never my father.

BR, the Father is a spirit, so is his son. Jesus was the body that held the spirit son. Learn that and someday you will see truth.

I never said that Jesus was His Father. Where did you get that? Jesus is now a man forever. Some day when you see Him you will see the scars on His hands and feet. However according to 1 John 2:2 He is forever the eternal Son of God. And being eternal He is God the Son, the second person of the Trinity.

OCTOBER23

RAVIN said that JESUS is the second person of the Trinity.

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF ??????

There are only 2 GODS MENTIONED in the Bible - God the Father and the Lord God .

Col 2:9 For in him (JESUS) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
---------------------------
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit,

after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-----------------------------
Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
--------------------------------
LOOKS LIKE A COMBINATION SPIRIT TO ME OF BOTH GOD THE FATHER AND JESUS' SPIRIT

Notaclue

Num.23:19. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1Tim.2:5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:

Christ Jesus is a Man !

Peace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
RAVIN said that JESUS is the second person of the Trinity.

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF ??????

There are only 2 GODS MENTIONED in the Bible - God the Father and the Lord God .

Col 2:9 For in him (JESUS) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
---------------------------
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit,

after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-----------------------------
Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
--------------------------------
LOOKS LIKE A COMBINATION SPIRIT TO ME OF BOTH GOD THE FATHER AND JESUS' SPIRIT
It has been given in other threads as you probably already know. I'm not going to waste my time on something that has been talked about over and over again. If you don't believe in the Trinity, fine. And I am not going to try to convince you here.

Your forgot the Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:3-4New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?

4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

keypurr

John 17:4-5 American Standard Version (ASV)

4 I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.

5 And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

1 John 1:1-2 American Standard Version (ASV)

1 That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we beheld, and our hands handled, concerning the Word of life

2 (and the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare unto you the life, the eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us);

Thank you, you just proved MY point. Read what you just posted. If Christ was given work to do, who gave him the work to do?

Christ has a God and told us that his Father is the only true God.
Believe him who was sent to bring us light friend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you, you just proved MY point. Read what you just posted. If Christ was given work to do, who gave him the work to do?

Christ has a God and told us that his Father is the only true God.
Believe him who was sent to bring us light friend.

Give it up or get a clue. Who created the heavens and the earth.

He doesn't have a God, He is God. He claimed His own eternality.