Delmar's political predictions for the next 12 years.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thought I'd give an update to this:

You are on track to being right about homosexual marriage, and thank goodness for that.

Single payer healthcare couldn't be further from reality. It recently failed spectacularly in Vermont, one of the most die-hard liberal states:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...-payer-health-plan-was-doomed-from-the-start/

The US economy is doing quote well compared to when you made the prediction. Oil prices are hitting 6 year lows. Job growth is the best it has been since the recovery began in 2009. The US economy grew 5% in the third quarter, the fastest pace in a long time. The deficit is down substantially. It is on track to be much better than you predicted, although 12 years is a long time.

So far, there have been zero arrests for reading any part of the bible on the radio or the TV.

There have been no material changes in gun ownership rights in any of the 50 states.

You are 2 out of 5 - meaning that a monkey throwing darts would've probably been just as accurate.
Thanks for bumping the thread. It would be sort of cool for me if that happened every year or two till we reach the date in question. As far as any of my predictions for 2024 being wrong, it is a little early to say, don't you think? :idunno:

edit: I would be really happy if 2024 rolled around and I was wrong about 4 out of five, BTW.

Last edited:

PureX

You are mistaken. I don't hate homosexuals. I simply don't agree with loving them to death (hell)!
Hate very often pretends to be love as it slanders, subjugates, condemns and punishes. And haters nearly always justify and blame their hateful thoughts and behaviors on their victims. There is far more hate hiding behind phony love and righteousness than is ever expressed in outright anger or loathing. I know you don't feel any anger or loathing for homosexuals. But you're the one who is mistaken if you think that means you don't hate them. When you seek to do harm to people you don't even know, simply because they are who they are, that's called 'hating' them. It's also called bigotry, if by hating them, you feel better about yourself.

Jesus sought to control no one. Jesus sought to condemn and punish no one for their sins. Jesus hated no one. He simply shared his message, forgave, and moved on. And part of that message was that we should follow his lead.

TracerBullet

Hate very often pretends to be love as it slanders, subjugates, condemns and punishes. And haters nearly always justify and blame their hateful thoughts and behaviors on their victims. There is far more hate hiding behind phony love and righteousness than is ever expressed in outright anger or loathing. I know you don't feel any anger or loathing for homosexuals. But you're the one who is mistaken if you think that means you don't hate them. When you seek to do harm to people you don't even know, simply because they are who they are, that's called 'hating' them. It's also called bigotry, if by hating them, you feel better about yourself.

Jesus sought to control no one. Jesus sought to condemn and punish no one for their sins. Jesus hated no one. He simply shared his message, forgave, and moved on. And part of that message was that we should follow his lead.
:first:

6days

Purex... that is foolish. Society speaks out against things they disagree with. Its possible to say murder is immoral without hating the killer. It is also possible to say that God's Word declares sexual immorality a sin, without hating the sinner.

PureX

Purex... that is foolish. Society speaks out against things they disagree with. Its possible to say murder is immoral without hating the killer. It is also possible to say that God's Word declares sexual immorality a sin, without hating the sinner.
Yes, it is. It's also real easy to hide one's hatred and bigotry behind moral platitudes, and a lot of people do just exactly that. The big difference is that gay people aren't killing anyone. And you aren't God's policemen nor spokesmen. So really, their sexuality isn't any of your business.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Jesus sought to condemn and punish no one for their sins.

Matthew10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.:

15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

So really, their sexuality isn't any of your business.

you'll be saying the same thing about pedophiles in twenty years

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I do understand why you accuse me. It is the exact reason my 4th prediction will come true.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you love to death those who wear wool and linen mixed together?

That is about Israel, not about eternal life. Sodomy is not about Israel, but all men. I hate you, and I hate fags.

Tinark

That is about Israel, not about eternal life. Sodomy is not about Israel, but all men. I hate you, and I hate fags.

Westboro Baptist Chruch recently lost their patriarch - they could use another member like you to fill in

alwight

I wonder if you feel obliged to hate because of an interpretation of ancient scripture or if you actually find real reason to hate. :think:
Some others seem to find their reasons to hate from a different ancient scripture.
They seem to hate cartoonists and journalists who dare to criticise their "holy" beliefs.
No doubt I'll be meeting them in somebody's version of hell. :plain:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30719057

shagster01

Matthew10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.:

15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

What does that mean. . . I'll burn harder than them? I'll die more than them?

Either way, it sounds like non-Christian straight people are worse than non-Christian gays according to this verse.

Maybe you oughta fight to make straight atheism a crime :idunno: