Delmar's political predictions for the next 12 years.

lovemeorhateme

The whole world, but the context of the threads OP is America and what will happen here.

I'm following now. I have encountered people in the past who seem to think that the USA is the centre of everything.

:sigh:

As for Delmar's predictions, I think they are pretty accurate!

Memento Mori

Hmm would i "change my mind" about Christ returning before 12 years is up, after 12 years went by and He didnt return?

What do you think? :rolleyes:

Would you change your mind in the "12 years" prophecy? You're focusing on the wrong part. This is a very specific claim. Either it does or does not happen in 12 years. If it doesn't happen in 12 years then you have to change your opinion to it happening in 20 years, 30 years 50 year, etc. These claims have happen for the past (just under) 2000 years (almost there, just 18 more years). (Ooo! You should say 18 years. It would be way cooler. Think about it, the 2000th year anniversary of Jesus' rebirthday!)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Would you change your mind in the "12 years" prophecy? You're focusing on the wrong part. This is a very specific claim. Either it does or does not happen in 12 years. If it doesn't happen in 12 years then you have to change your opinion to it happening in 20 years, 30 years 50 year, etc. These claims have happen for the past (just under) 2000 years (almost there, just 18 more years). (Ooo! You should say 18 years. It would be way cooler. Think about it, the 2000th year anniversary of Jesus' rebirthday!)

Who made a claim here? Personal thoughts are claims now?

Do you understand the phrase " i think"

Letsargue

I simply believe that the above changes will fundamentally re-make this nation, though it will still be called the US.

There is ( No more "USSR" ). Why can't that happen in the Red, White, and Blue?? - I think the Flag will be gone before then!! - Already, if this ~president~ salutes a ~flag~, that's the ~flag~ not to salute!!

Paul -- 071212

Newman

Delmar's U.S. political predictions for the next 12 years.

Cool idea. I might do the same.

The following predictions have nothing to do with who wins the 2012 Presidential election.

:up: The "R" or "D" next to the president's name means about as much as we mean to the man himself.

Homosexual marriage is a done deal in all 50 states. So called conservatives might pull off calling it domestic partnership, but it will have the legal equivalence of marriage.

Ehh... I dunno. Maybe. I can imagine further geographic polarization, in which more conservatives start pooling together in certain states, and vice versa, so you may have some bastions of marriage (regarding the state's definition).

Single payer health care will become a reality, including low cost taxpayer funded abortion on demand.

I don't think so. Financial reckoning will happen before this becomes a reality.

12 years from now the US economy will be worse off than it is today.

Absolutely. No doubt about this one. Worst case scenario is war-battered third-world reversion to pre-industrial-revolution standards of living. Best case scenario is slow, but dramatic shifting of the whole structure of the economy, which will still be painful, but not as bloody or desperate as the other extreme. Most likely scenario is a dollar collapse, people freak out, federal government can't pay for anything, local governments step up (many will fail), and people revert to barter and precious metals-as-currency trading.

Reading some portions of the Bible on radio and TV will be outlawed as a hate crime.

Nah.

Gun rights will be the last conservative political stronghold. Assuming that the US still exists it will continue to be legal to own a handgun in all 50 states.

I bet there will be severe restrictions on handguns, with only a handful of states allowing a handful of people (besides the state themselves) to have them. Long guns, on the other hand, I think will remain pretty unregulated in the states that are like that already.

Memento Mori

Who made a claim here? Personal thoughts are claims now?

Do you understand the phrase " i think"

Do you understand the word "prediction"?

In case you don't:

pre·dict
   [pri-dikt]
verb (used with object)
to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell: to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.
verb (used without object)
to foretell the future; make a prediction.

Cite

Where will those goal posts be next?

Back to my original question, "Will you repent if these do not come to pass?" (this was for Delmar, by the way)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Do you understand the word "prediction"?

In case you don't:

pre·dict
   [pri-dikt]
verb (used with object)
to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell: to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.
verb (used without object)
to foretell the future; make a prediction.

Cite

Where will those goal posts be next?

Back to my original question, "Will you repent if these do not come to pass?" (this was for Delmar, by the way)

Are you serious with that?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

The following predictions have nothing to do with who wins the 2012 Presidential election.

Homosexual marriage is a done deal in all 50 states. So called conservatives might pull off calling it domestic partnership, but it will have the legal equivalence of marriage.

It will not be real, some may call it real, as in civil unions, but it will not be real marriage.

Single payer health care will become a reality, including low cost taxpayer funded abortion on demand.

I bet it will be a big mess by then! I doubt any law where the funds are mandated into private hands will last as a legal concept. as they are legally flawed. Call it a tax, but a tax on what, payed to whom, the US government? Then we have socialized medicine. Not sure about abortion, as sad as it may be, we have little legal framework :eek:

I think it will make a recovery, yet it will never be the same again.

Reading some portions of the Bible on radio and TV will be outlawed as a hate crime.
I think it will fall under the idea of 'the wall' and may be the same outcome. Some are always yelling about hate crimes, because that is their nature, what they are in themselves.

Gun rights will be the last conservative political stronghold. Assuming that the US still exists it will continue to be legal to own a handgun in all 50 states.

Oh yes, I do agree, or we would have, what we cannot have, but some would have it so.

AtheistChristian

BANNED
Banned

Nice post. if I could give you CP I would!

I think you are being a bit partisan in your views. Here is my prediction:

Severe drought and flooding will diminish the US food supply and cause large scale homelessness (see Dust Bowl)

Water will be 2x the cost it is now.

Politically, the GOP will be no more and the Democratic party will become the Latino Party (imagine the Donkey with an sombrero). There will be 2-3 conservative parties. There will also be another party that is a moderate non-latino centric party.

I too believe the Single Payer option will be in effect.

Chinese will outnumber Latinos in immigration.

US manufacturing will make a comeback as Import taxes make it more profitable to make products here.

Large scale Cyber Terrorism will be a weekly occurrence.

Anonymity on the internet will be a thing of the past.

Gated neighborhoods will be guarded by armed security personnel due to large crowds invading and pillaging them.

The education system will be worse (if you can imagine that)

The banking industry will be a shadow of its former self.

Privacy will be a thing of the past as technology will be able to see what you are doing, even taking a poo.

Drugs will be decriminalized because the US will no longer be able to afford it.

The Catholic church will be diminished as fewer and fewer follow them.

Tom Cruise will be the Leader of the Church of Scientology.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is ( No more "USSR" ). Why can't that happen in the Red, White, and Blue?? - I think the Flag will be gone before then!!

I don't know that you are wrong, but I am not ready to predict that as a likelihood.

Memento Mori

I would love to be wrong about most of these.

Sa-weet. I'm gonna make a note. Is that alright if I throw these predictions in my sig?

Why is it that everybody sees a dooms-day coming? Can't anyone just enjoy the here-and-now rather than worrying about the evils of tomorrow?