Delmar's political predictions for the next 12 years.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sa-weet. I'm gonna make a note. Is that alright if I throw these predictions in my sig?
That sounds fun and interesting. Be my guest.
Why is it that everybody sees a dooms-day coming? Can't anyone just enjoy the here-and-now rather than worrying about the evils of tomorrow?
I believe that the actions of those that govern the nation have consequences and I think it valuable to discuss them. Does that mean that if every one of my predictions come true I am going to be ready to curl up and die? Indeed not! My hope is not in the US government. In fact my ultimate hope is note in the things of this world at all! Those who have been around for a while know that I have been through adversity, and I am not the kind of guy that lets tough times ruin my joy.

Memento Mori

That sounds fun and interesting. Be my guest.

Our 2024 Lives according to Delmar: Federally condoned homosexuality; Government funded healthcare inclusive of abortion; Worse economy; Outlawing Bible on Radio and TV under hate crime laws; potential outlawing of right to bear arms

Just want to check that this is fair with you.

I believe that the actions of those that govern the nation have consequences and I think it valuable to discuss them. Does that mean that if every one of my predictions come true I am going to be ready to curl up and die? Indeed not! My hope is not in the US government. In fact my ultimate hope is note in the things of this world at all! Those who have been around for a while know that I have been through adversity, and I am not the kind of guy that lets tough times ruin my joy.

And I believe that specifically because you will not lie down and take it, none of your predictions will come true.

When good men fail to act...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, it is the etching away of common sense. I was rereading a book on dumbing down our schools, while the author went a bit far on all there is to teach is feeling good about yourself and not having any prejudices, I was amused, the idea, grades would hurt the feelings of those who did less well

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Our 2024 Lives according to Delmar: Federally condoned homosexuality; Government funded healthcare inclusive of abortion; Worse economy; Outlawing Bible on Radio and TV under hate crime laws; potential outlawing of right to bear arms

I predicted that the right to bear arms would still be in tact, and I predicted homosexual marriage in all 50 states. Aside from that close enough, I guess, though I would rather you quoted me than paraphrased as I like choosing my own words.
And I believe that specifically because you will not lie down and take it, none of your predictions will come true.

When good men fail to act...
I didn't lie down and take it when Obama ran for President. I spoke out against his ideas and I voted against him. I didn't lie down and take it when Romney ran for the Republican nomination. I spoke out against his record and I voted against him! I am not going to lie down and take it when Romney runs against Obama. I will vote for another! Still, one of them will become president!

Memento Mori

I didn't lie down and take it when Obama ran for President. I spoke out against his ideas and I voted against him. I didn't lie down and take it when Romney ran for the Republican nomination. I spoke out against his record and I voted against him! I am not going to lie down and take it when Romney runs against Obama. I will vote for another! Still, one of them will become president!

Exactly my point. Even while one of them will become President against your wishes, you have still spoken. And continuing this is the important part. As long as you continue to speak your mind, you have not failed. Because your voice while it may be fewer is still equal to those with multitude.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly my point. Even while one of them will become President against your wishes, you have still spoken. And continuing this is the important part. As long as you continue to speak your mind, you have not failed. Because your voice while it may be fewer is still equal to those with multitude.
The fact that America is headed to hell with jet rockets while not my fault is still regrettable.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I do not think this will be America anymore in less than 12 years.
What are you expecting to happen?

Societal inertia is a really big drag on things; consider that it took the Roman Empire 500 years to finally collapse, and that was only after it had already been around for 500 years as the Roman Republic.

Even in the Internet Age™, societal-level stuff doesn't happen overnight.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Delmar's U.S. political predictions for the next 12 years.

The following predictions have nothing to do with who wins the 2012 Presidential election.

Homosexual marriage is a done deal in all 50 states. So called conservatives might pull off calling it domestic partnership, but it will have the legal equivalence of marriage.

Single payer health care will become a reality, including low cost taxpayer funded abortion on demand.

12 years from now the US economy will be worse off than it is today.

Reading some portions of the Bible on radio and TV will be outlawed as a hate crime.

Gun rights will be the last conservative political stronghold. Assuming that the US still exists it will continue to be legal to own a handgun in all 50 states.
Great list. I'm going to predict that China will have a housing bust within 6 years, and it will hurt the US's economy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What are you expecting to happen?

Societal inertia is a really big drag on things; consider that it took the Roman Empire 500 years to finally collapse, and that was only after it had already been around for 500 years as the Roman Republic.

Even in the Internet Age™, societal-level stuff doesn't happen overnight.

America is a unique animal though, Remove the constitution and things would change overnight.

If the rapture happened, things would also change immediately.

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is going on with the Chinese housing market?
I think they are doing the same thing we did in 2008. Too many bad loans, and the manufacturing base that was supporting it is slowing down. So the bubble will have to collapse like ours did.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I harbor serious doubt that things will come to that in any foreseeable timeframe.
You'll understand if I consider that a REALLY big "if"...

Yes, but i think that you understand that if it happens like i think, you can image the chaos left behind. If even just 8 percent of Americans actually are believers then 24,000,000 people will vanish all at once, just imagine what that alone would do to the economy not to mention public sector services all at once without even considering car crashes and the like.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Yes, but i think that you understand that if it happens like i think, you can image the chaos left behind. If even just 8 percent of Americans actually are believers then 24,000,000 people will vanish all at once, just imagine what that alone would do to the economy not to mention public sector services all at once without even considering car crashes and the like.
I suspect that the percentage of actual, genuine believers is much, much smaller than 8 percent, but that may be cynicism-induced bias...

If people start magically evaporating in the US, the resultant chaos will be negligible.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I predicted that the right to bear arms would still be in tact, and I predicted homosexual marriage in all 50 states. Aside from that close enough, I guess, though I would rather you quoted me than paraphrased as I like choosing my own words.
Interesting that you took the trouble of checking how I felt about your paraphrasing of my words, then ignored my corrections.